1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS NEW *rumor*

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Logan8054, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

Erta Wanderer Well-Known Member

not yet. we haven't seen that apge of the"water tight rules" yet

2. ninjakeso
    Saurus

ninjakeso Member

Hahaha, that's the best wording ever. I seriously wonder if they think that themselves.

Erta Wanderer likes this.
  3. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

oh they do thats why it was in quotation marks. it's a direct quote that i have been throwing at them for about a month now. a bold claim that i will hold them to

4. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

Nah, don't care overly much about the competitive side. There's always only going to be a handfull of lists viable there for any given faction.

Knights are about the only unit we have were we ever take a MSU. Everything else is just kinda bad at MSU, and requires big units, preferably buffed.

Meh, the only thing that's improved are the behemoths. Outside of that basicly everything got worse. Especially as we need big units to efficiently use our buffs. So honestly we seem to have lost a lot here.

Imho, the biggest winners are armies like Lumineth, Slaanesh & the new vampires, who seem to have been designed specifically for the new edition. And armies like SCE, Gargants & Ogors, who have decent base-stats making for actually functional MSU units and are nowhere near as reliant on buff-efficiency. So they're nowhere near as bothered by having to split larger units.

God I wish they'd stop constantly using the rule of one as a crutch. Are we now going to see the same situation with spells where we get a 100 different command abilities that all do more or less the same thing so everyone has sufficient command abilities to actually use? Much like how we got a 100 different spells that do D3 damage so every wizard still has access to "generic offensive spell" regardless of what else was cast?

Last edited: Jun 11, 2021
    Womboski, Kilvakar and ninjakeso like this.
  5. Tyranitar
    Terradon

Tyranitar Well-Known Member

If the rumor about monsters counting as 5 models for holding objectives is true than thunder lizard might be an excellent option for us, those lists tend to have great damage output but struggled with the objective game obviously. Especially if there's fewer blobs running around camping on objectives in the first place.

DT lists might still be very viable for us, utilizing 3x sally and 2x sally for our reinforcement points, kroak, slann, AB, and the rest is msu skinks. That's basically the current list anyway.

And even FoS might still get by, we use our reinforcement points on 1 blob of 40 skinks, the only nerf would be having to run the sallies as singles so they can't take buffs well and we're limited to 1 skink blob which is certainly a big nerf but it's not that bad.

Ultimately I think we'll still be fine, certainly better off than any melee focused army right?

Womboski, Kilvakar and Nart like this.
  6. ArtoriusaurusRex
    Temple Guard

ArtoriusaurusRex Well-Known Member

Not to create false hope but it doesn't actually say Warscroll Battalions are going to Narrative. This would have been the place to say so if they were.

All they chose to say was: "The warscroll battalions you know and love are for units of renown and represent a specific focus, a special leader, or additional training."

Hanging by a thread here, but maybe they aren't going away to the graveyard of narrative-only?

7. Skained
    Chameleon Skink

Skained Well-Known Member

the problem is the next sentence: "Every army in a matched play event will have the same set of core battalions at their disposal, which further evens the playing field. So how does it work in practice? ".
    with that i understand in matched play only can use core battalions. I realy hope can use the warscroll battalions

Kilvakar and Nart like this.
  8. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

There's also the issue that they didn't explain how they'd interact. I'd assume that they'd at least throw in a "units can be both in a core battalion and a warscroll battalion". Or a "can't" of course :p

But regardless, no real mention of how the two interact isn't very hopefull.

Kilvakar likes this.
  9. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

Slaanesh discussion.

Most interesting bit:
    upload_2021-6-11_16-55-8.png
    Maybe summons can finally reinforce units? Either that or he's just being very enthousiastic about two of the most expensive summoning options. Not sure how easy it is to reach those summons reliably.

Also fun fact; some of the stuff that was quite underwhelming upon release, like Sigvald and the elite mortal units are suddenly a lot better in this edition...

Kilvakar likes this.
  10. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

naw sigvald is still shit. he is still going to have trouble cutting threw min sized units. he is still slow he is still not terribly durable

Kilvakar likes this.
  11. Carnikang
    Carnasaur

Carnikang Well-Known Member

I'm guessing it's the latter. More MSU means more potential depravity for Slaanesh. Meaning more chances to summon that big 30 man or daemonetes they didn't get to take. Or did and now there's two-three you have to deal with.

It seems that every book that came out around the time of BR was being designed for 3.0. Or at least appears that way upon reflection. Books that so poorly in 2.0 might just not have had the right tools for that edition, but have the right tools for this new one. Ours certainly wasn't designed for it. What came directly after ours?

Kilvakar likes this.
  12. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

well yeah, but at least now he's only going to be threatened by the occasional horde & behemoth, Those min-sized units can't touch him. It's better than it used to be :p

Probably, but one can hope. It'd actually be an interesting playstyle. Start out with multiple weak units, lose a couple in turn 1-2. Then summon in reinforcements for the survives to create a horde and retaliate.

DoK? SoB? Lumineth round one? Slaanesh mortals?

Kilvakar and Carnikang like this.
  13. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

SoB then the first LRL

Kilvakar and Carnikang like this.
  14. ChapterAquila92
    Skar-Veteran

ChapterAquila92 Well-Known Member

Unless there's supplemental information explicitly stating as such (likely from tournament organizers and not GW proper), this really just suggests that there will be a standard set of battalions available for all in addition to the faction-specific ones.

The closest approximation I can think of to this is the Rite of War mechanic in Horus Heresy (in which it was more of an army-wide application rather than a subset of it): while each Legione Astartes had specific rites available only to them (in some cases limited to whether the army is a loyalist or traitor splinter even), all of the legions have access to the same generic ones so long as they could meet the requirements.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2021
    Womboski and Kilvakar like this.
  15. ArtoriusaurusRex
    Temple Guard

The only other possibility I can think of is what they did with 40K and the Vigilus detachments.

Technically they remain legal to this day in every game mode *except* the mission pack that came with Chapter Approved.

Which is the one everyone plays, so they may as well be dead even if they technically aren't.

Could easily see them doing that with warscroll battalions. Legal in all game modes except the missions in GHB 2021...

Kilvakar and Nart like this.
  16. Tyranitar
    Terradon

Tyranitar Well-Known Member

I guess the good news is our book wasn't propped up by our tome battalions, there were 2 or so that were neat but not even necessarily great. It's almost a net buff for us since we won't have to deal with the superior battalions other armies can bring to the table

Kilvakar likes this.
  17. Carnikang
    Carnasaur

Carnikang Well-Known Member

By that logic, everyone but Tzeentch got a buff. Since Changehost is no longer an active threat.

And I'm fine with that.

Womboski, Kilvakar and Tyranitar like this.
  18. ArtoriusaurusRex
    Temple Guard

Unless you were a Saurus player...

:(

19. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

warriors definitely feel the pain. loosing rend 1 spears is very hard to take

20. Putzfrau
    Skar-Veteran

Putzfrau Well-Known Member

I think he's saying that you can drop a unit of 30 demonettes down without having to "spend" 2 out of your 4 allotted reinforcements to have a 30 strong demonette unit. And that situation is comparatively a lot stronger now than it was in the past.

I believe Slaanesh summons quite easily, its just generally the units the summon leave something to be desired ;)

Kilvakar, Carnikang and Nart like this.