1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS NEW *rumor*

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Logan8054, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

Kinda like this one:

Buff chart_Seraphon 1.JPG

Carnikang, Imrahil, Canas and 5 others like this.
  2. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

Erta Wanderer Well-Known Member

are you just doing CA or will spells be added?

3. Killer Angel
    Slann

spells too.
    and abilities and artefacts of power.
    I'll try to cover everything

4. Nart
    Carnasaur

Nart Well-Known Member

I try not to be firm on my statesments, understanding that there may be different oppinions, but no this time. They are trash. No matter how much stuff you get for free if it is useless.

You pay 225 pts for a priest, which don't have access to heal, curse or guidance, and oldblood which is a slow beatstick hero with poor damage and a useless command ability, and 4 bodies with no damage, no defense, simly 4 bodies.

For comaprison, for 240 pts you can get 3 priests, knowning all rulebook prayers and filling both warlord and command entourage battalions. I can't see taking UW stuff justified in any case. Absolutely.

Dread Saurian and Erta Wanderer like this.
  5. Togetic
    Temple Guard

Togetic Well-Known Member

I’m definitely not unwilling to hear this perspective, I know my own experience is super limited, but why would Kixi-Taka not have access to the generic prayers? He’s got the Priest keyword which is, to my understanding, the only thing you need to do all the endless spell unbinding, invocation summoning, and generic prayers each turn on top of their warscroll abilities?

Same for fitting into battalions, maybe there’ll be a FAQ that clarifies it for units like this but for the purposes of any of the core battalions it seems like you could pick the Starblood Stalkers in the hero slot anytime you could for the normal priest, getting the rest of the crew in the battalion along with Kixi-Taka and the assigned unit types, I’m pretty sure the core book doesn’t say “you can’t put Unique units in a battalion” unless I missed it when I was theorycrafting it a little (which is also entierly possible, that PDF chugs)

Erta Wanderer likes this.
  6. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

Cuz GW can't write rules and the way they've written "enhancements" unique models don't get them unless they have special rules on the warscroll. Generic prayers are enhancements, ergo he doesn't get them.

I'd assume they'l fix that, but who knows maybe they actually intended this for some inexplicable reason.

Nart and Togetic like this.
  7. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

Erta Wanderer Well-Known Member

he is a named hero he can not take artifacts command abilities prayers or spells

Togetic likes this.
  8. Acehilator
    Ripperdactil

Acehilator Well-Known Member

Bah, forgot the "unique" limitations. That suxx.

9. Dreamkeeper
    Temple Guard

Dreamkeeper Well-Known Member

awesome chart!
    But there is a small mistake. Not 1 to hit, but 1 to wound.
    Their Finest Hour: Pick 1 friendly Hero. Add 1 to wound rolls for attacks made by that Hero until the end of that turn, and add 1 to save rolls for attacks that target that Hero until the end of that turn. You cannot carry out this heroic action with the same Hero more than once in the same battle.

10. Killer Angel
    Slann

good find, tnx!

here's the updated and corrected chart.
    ASAP i'll include also abilities, artefacts and so on

Buff chart_Seraphon 1.JPG

11. Womboski
    Temple Guard

Womboski Well-Known Member

Some of the point changes for Seraphon are extremely weird. Pretty much everyone is seeing point increases(deepkin or at least how I run them barely got hit, reavers are actually 5pts less, king, aspect of the storm and thralls are the same points. I'm having a hard time seeing saurus warriors be good, but I do think 10 guard will be more viable outside of Slann babysitting.

Troglodon went up a lot and I wonder if that's because Kroak + trog is a good combo now but that's so many points for 2 big models that don't want to get into combat. Stegadons went up a lot and so did oldblood carno, but I suppose our monsters were pretty cheap compared to others.

It's extremely hard to say how things are now without playing the game. Everyone's points are different, everyone lost battalions but gained the same core ones along with generic command abilties etc.

I think it is all good changes. Giant horde units that can have loads of buffs compounded on them are bad imo. They are extremely hard to balance. Saurus warriors might not be amazing as a 10man unit. Right now they are a slightly more fighty and durable screen than skinks. However since they can't be in blocks of 40, can't have a billion CPs dumped on them GW can more easily rebalance them to be a good unit. That's one of my big take aways from this edition.

Plus the games look like they will be shorter and my friends played a 3.0 game with what we have(was pre point leaks) and you actually play the entire time. No more going afk for half the game as your opponent does stuff and you pull off models. Your phase or your opponents there is a lot to do.

12. chefofwar
    Chameleon Skink

chefofwar Well-Known Member

little by little I feel like 40k and AoS inch closer and closer to the lord of the rings rulesets.... one day the evolution will be complete

Nart likes this.
  13. Dread Saurian
    Stegadon

Dread Saurian Well-Known Member

Yes the dread saurian is still legal it is still sold by forgeworld. Characters like tamurkhan are considered to be legends

Kakalou1 likes this.
  14. Vexcor
    Kroxigor

Vexcor Well-Known Member

I have to say with all the buffs to monsters, the point increase for all other units in the game and the totem Keyword, the Dread Saurian gets more playable!
    Finally!

15. Kilvakar
    Carnasaur

Kilvakar Well-Known Member

Agreed, but whenever they FAQ him I'm sure his points will go up as well, hopefully not by too much...

Dread Saurian and Nart like this.
  16. Dread Saurian
    Stegadon

Dread Saurian Well-Known Member

Well gordrakk for some reason that's absolutely invalid cost 600. Ima say they're probably gonna make me into 750 points.

17. Nart
    Carnasaur

Nart Well-Known Member

That rumor was fake Godrakk is 540 iirc.

18. Mekeji
    Skink

Mekeji Member

Nope, he is 580 in the new edition.

Attached Files:

Nart likes this.
  19. ArtoriusaurusRex
    Temple Guard

ArtoriusaurusRex Well-Known Member

I played AoS 3 today...super interesting. Reading the rules did not do it justice, I'll say. And GW absolutely made the game much more engaging and constantly so.

Hero and monster actions were super fun and very impactful. Soft buffs to coalesced with mysterious terrain being the normal 6 options and with everyone wanting more heroes and monsters, scaly skin matters a lot more often. My opponents were so frustrated with it lol

The Ghur rule where the player who goes second on round three is game-changing. I'd have won everything off of that except for one tiny misdeployed character...oh well

Our points hikes hurt, there's no two ways about it. Especially since I was against soulblight who saw none. But I think Seraphon is in a healthy place overall. We're not domineering anymore. Neither are we garbage, let nobody tell you such.

Most importantly, it's fun. It's really fun once you get the flow.

20. Kilvakar
    Carnasaur

Kilvakar Well-Known Member

Glad to hear you enjoyed it. Care to share some details? Were you able to win? What is the Ghur rule? Is that the objective removal rumor? I haven't gotten a chance to see all the new rules yet.

So far everyone I've heard is loving the fact that you get to do stuff in your opponent's phase, but to be honest I'm still not sold on the small army size, loss of battalions, removal of melee infantry, massive point hikes to my favorite units like Oldblood on Carno for no reason... I hope that GW is planning on updating battletomes as soon as possible because a lot of factions have entire mechanics that don't even work with the new rules, like how we got bound spells just eliminated entirely...