1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS NEW *rumor*

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Logan8054, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Just A Skink
    Skink Chief

Just A Skink Well-Known Member

Does GW ever reveal, or tease, new models in White Dwarf?

Imrahil likes this.
  2. Seraphandy
    Razordon

Seraphandy Well-Known Member

Imrahil likes this.
  3. Tyranitar
    Terradon

Tyranitar Well-Known Member

Prob just battle tactics and grand strategies.

4. Putzfrau
    Skar-Veteran

Putzfrau Well-Known Member

Maybe some battalions too! Thr giants and slaves stuff turned out to be pretty nothing but it's still fun

5. PabloTho
    Razordon

PabloTho Well-Known Member

Battalions and Tactics seem most likely, but I'm going to set myself up for disappointment and hope for mount traits and prayer lore anyway.

Just A Skink likes this.
  6. Dread Saurian
    Stegadon

Dread Saurian Well-Known Member

(Sacrificing Virgin to get my roar of ruin back)

7. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

Given that the EoTG got F.A.Q.-ed into a priest a prayer lore seems reasonably realistic.

Mount traits we're probably never going to get, they seem deadset on never giving us those.

8. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

Also, a weird thing I noticed, none of the new SCE and kruleboyz stuff appears to have warscrolls that you can download. Did GW change their policy about that? The old stuff all still has it though.

Just A Skink likes this.
  9. NecridHydra
    Temple Guard

NecridHydra Well-Known Member

I don't really think so. Core rules make a distinction between Command Traits and Mount Traits, even you can buy Mount Traits.

New SCE have a few MT for their models and Orruks had a few in 2Ed (I haven't see the book yet). Given how Subfactions are in SCE, only an ability and not a mandatory artefact and Command Trait, I'm pretty sure they'll use TL trait as a Mount Trait

Otherwise, or we lose it and riot or to which race will you give it to, Saurus or Skinks?

10. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

I wouldn't be surprised by it.

11. Just A Skink
    Skink Chief

Just A Skink Well-Known Member

When GW revealed both Warhammer+ and the AoS app, I guessed warscrolls would get put into one of those. Likely behind a paywall. I hope not, but we'll wait and see.

12. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

The thing is, most players will already buy the battletome for their faction anyway. So the vast majority of players will have acces to the warscrolls they need anyway. So it won't really result in extra app-subscriptions. So what'd be the point?

Dread Saurian likes this.
  13. Dread Saurian
    Stegadon

Dread Saurian Well-Known Member

I think it's to try to entice people like me into getting it just to see how the warscrolls look for other factions. I'm still not gonna do it out of spite. But I get what they're trying to do

Erta Wanderer likes this.
  14. Cuetzpal Pilli
    Temple Guard

Cuetzpal Pilli Well-Known Member

The free warscrolls was one of my favorite aspects of AoS in that you could easily look up/compare unit stats from any faction and potentially building lists for new armies which you'd be more willing to buy. I get the book gives you much more info and the WS are only a part of the equation, but it was always nice to just have easy access to them. It also allowed you to print your own WS cards in case you missed the official GW release.

Putting that all behind a paywall will definitely leave a sour taste in my mouth. Especially because that was one of the big positives that GW touted about AoS and how it made it easy to get into the game.

...oh wellz....

Just A Skink and Erta Wanderer like this.
  15. Cuetzpal Pilli
    Temple Guard

Cuetzpal Pilli Well-Known Member

Did anyone else go "WTF GW?!", yet laughed at the absurd prices & sales model for the new AoS terrain?!

Instead of selling the pieces from the extremis starter box as a set with maybe an extra small piece or two which I thought they might since that's what they did with 40k, GW in their infinite greed has decided to sell the pieces individually, for $50 USD each!! :woot::vomit::mad::woot:

There's only 4 pieces meaning if you buy all of them, you're paying more than the extremis box itself which is only $165. I get this is GW pricing the terrain for the future, but come on man!!

16. Killer Angel
    Slann

The negative aspect is that i could want to look at the warscrolls to see if there is some potential ally for my army and possibly buy the models.
    In this way it's harder.

Cuetzpal Pilli and Erta Wanderer like this.
  17. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

Erta Wanderer Well-Known Member

and thats if it works at all. i still can't get into it

18. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

O sure, but at that point I'm willing to bet more people are just going to give up on getting allies than there are going to be people getting the app. And given that 1 box of models is easily 5-6 months worth of the app subscription, if not more. This seems counterproductive.

Simply put, if you don't like the app to begin with, being able to look at warscrolls for potential allies doesn't seem like the type of thing that'd convince you to get it anyways. While this is definitly going to discourage some people from buying allies.

There is a set; the extremis realmscape edition set. Has 2 statues, 2 walls and a gaming board for 70,- euro (the individual pieces cost 40,- euro). So I guess that's something.

But yeah, the prices for the individual pieces are rather insane.

Cuetzpal Pilli and Killer Angel like this.
  19. Killer Angel
    Slann

Yeah, pretty much.
    I don’t have the app and i'm not going to.

Erta Wanderer and Canas like this.
  20. Kilvakar
    Carnasaur

Kilvakar Well-Known Member

Definitely not getting the app or Warhammer+. I'll just use Warscroll Builder for list making and Wahapedia for looking up warscrolls I don't have.