1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS NEW *rumor*

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Logan8054, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Kilvakar
    Carnasaur

Kilvakar Well-Known Member

That's what a lot of people are saying, but it's only two weapons. The melee Forge Weapons and the short-range anti-horde Flamehurlers. That and it's a 10-man unit. Unless there are other 10-man units in Warcry it kind of looks like just a new unit.

3e battalions are just meh. The idea of core battalions was a good one, especially given how some factions had utterly OP battalions and some had useless ones. But the 3e method of plugging battalions into your list rather than building a list around the battalion doesn't do much to affect your listbuilding.

It doesn't help that some of them really benefit your army as a whole (Warlord, Command Entourage, Battle Regiment), while most of the rest are just "one unit in this battalion can get a generic CA for free once per game." I would much rather have seen battalions in 3e give you something that benefits the whole battalion, even if it's only once per game. Either that or each unit in the battalion can get the benefit once per game, rather than taking a battalion only to buff one unit once per game.

2. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

2 weapons, but 3 different "special" models. Especially the "ruinator" gives it away as a warcry unit, since it's just a random model getting 1 extra attack on a fairly standard weapon.

The "ones per battle do a CA for free"-type battalions are terrible and I'm not sure why they keep putting them in. They're not complicated to include, and the actual bonus is so minor it barely matters.

The ones that give army-wide bonusses are already a lot better. At the very least they encourage a healthy mix of heroes & battleline and such. They're just relativly boring & nowhere near niche enough to encourage getting a specific build. An extra artifact is nice and all, but it isn't going to encourage you to bring say a cavalry battalion to balance out your infantry focused army.

ChapterAquila92 and Kilvakar like this.
  3. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

Erta Wanderer Well-Known Member

well good you want to take blade gasts any way
    every thing in the book has rend 0-3 so they are going to be fine

then go emerald host it's the best one anyway. being able to invalidate foot heroes and prophile monsters is nasty as heck

Kilvakar likes this.
  4. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

old thunder lizard did that. the old free guild one to. they where out there but then they disided ianything deamon counted or anything on foot.

Kilvakar likes this.
  5. PabloTho
    Razordon

PabloTho Well-Known Member

Have we got any warscrolls for the Legionnaires or Centaurion Marshal?

Kilvakar likes this.
  6. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

not yet but the minute i fine more i will sare them.

Kilvakar and PabloTho like this.
  7. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

speaking of wich
    [​IMG]

Imrahil and Kilvakar like this.
  8. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

and some DoK leaks
    [​IMG]

Imrahil, Putzfrau and Kilvakar like this.
  9. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

It's tougher than before, but it's abilities have been nerfed a lot.

Kilvakar likes this.
  10. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

the price is what kills it. it's 335 for what is esenshaly a 3d3 MW cannon. not bad but to pricy

Kilvakar and Putzfrau like this.
  11. Putzfrau
    Skar-Veteran

Putzfrau Well-Known Member

Best part about it is the more or less free battle tactic it allows. Still probably too expensive IMO

Kilvakar and Erta Wanderer like this.
  12. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

Those definitly came closer, at the very least they mixed units. But still didn't quite reach what I would've liked.Nothing stopped (or at least discouraged) you from bringing half an army worth of bastilladons for example. It's a shame though, cuz they would've been great for this.

Kilvakar likes this.
  13. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

yes, it was too cheap before, but now i doubt we'll see it in play. Especially given that those 3d3 MW are nice and all, but there are certain armies that won't let you ever reach the "6" level (SoB, certain ogor or ironjawz lists...).
    It was the only "big hitter" of NH... with that cost, i wonder if it's the case to invest a little more and go for the incarnate.

Kilvakar likes this.
  14. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

at 335 it has to contend with 20 blade gasts at 350 and they are CRAZY. 3 attacks at 2/2/1-3/1 and mas MW every time they charge and they charge every turn. evertthing in the book has to contend with this monster of a unit.

15. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

Looks like I was wrong and, as the rumourmongers on TGA keep harping on about, it will be Skaven vs Sylvaneth - the Warhammer Community banner on the Warhammer Fest title has changed to a definite Skaven one:
    upload_2022-5-3_17-33-2.png

There goes my Beastman theory, but like my Skaven a lot, and because the symbol is Clan Eshin, we may well finally see a new set of Night Runners/Gutter Runners (pity I have already bought and made some of the old 'Monkey Rat' ones, but I've only made them as Night Runners, so maybe I could grab some to be Gutter Runners).

And as for Beastmen, maybe they'll be up for the Chaos book (and with luck some new models) in the Autumn?

16. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

Given the skaven warband that was shown earlier, honestly not that surprising.

Bowser likes this.
  17. little-myth
    Carnasaur

little-myth Well-Known Member

If they announce new Night Runners I would not know what to do with myself, of course lovely new models but urrmmmm (Turns and looks at the 60-80 Night Runners in the collection) Do I really need some new ones?
    Would also love some Beastmen, maybe something for the Centigors to make them a battleline similar to how Bullgors are battleline when you take a Doombull

18. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

19. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

20. Kilvakar
    Carnasaur

Kilvakar Well-Known Member

Yeah, unless they've got more to reveal looks like Skaven (and by extension, Seraphon) probably won't be getting a range refresh this edition. :( Just the "one new foot hero" treatment.

Wonder which one we'll get?

Bowser and Erta Wanderer like this.