1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS NEW *rumor*

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Logan8054, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

Ogres & certain troggoths can become veterans, so can't be that tight.
    So can crypt flayers, and they'd need a lot of space if they'd want to be able to use their wings.

Point being, as far as narrative reasons go this is a rather weak one :p

Tyranitar likes this.
  2. Dread Saurian
    Stegadon

Dread Saurian Well-Known Member

Remember the average kroxigor is about 12-14 feet tall. Why ghe hell can't knights take it? Not a big deal to me but curious mind

Canas likes this.
  3. Skained
    Chameleon Skink

Skained Well-Known Member

4. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

We had known this for a while now because of rumours from TGA, but that sucks that Tzeentch is the Chaos faction getting a tome in the Autumn, not Beastmen as I had been hoping. I had been expecting TGA rumours of a Gloomspite vs Beastmen battlebox, with the Lumineth fighting the other Destruction faction.

And I wish GW would stop commemorating every AoS army book release with a Battlebox, they're getting obsessed with these overpriced sets and it's getting a little tiresome.

5. Skained
    Chameleon Skink

and the other 2 battletome will be 2 destruction faction, a box with ogres vs goblins?

6. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Probably, though personally I'm not fond of the idea of that matchup in AoS, Destruction vs Destruction is a bit boring (though hardly surprising given the Destruction factions just want to bash anything that moves).

There's the possibility that there could be a new Destruction faction on the way, but given GW are obsessing over the December Warriors of Chaos release ages before December, without reference to anything else, then it's unlikely because otherwise GW would be obsessing over the new faction whatever it might be.

7. Skained
    Chameleon Skink

yeah I thought it was going to be destru vs order and the other box destru vs chaos

8. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

That would have made infinitely more sense...

But then this is GW we're talking about, even in its current form it hasn't a clue about what makes sense and what doesn't in Warhammer...

9. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

O look, more freaking Tzaangor.
    Can Tzeentch please get a box that isn't filled with Tzaangor?
    In general, it feels a bit like they just threw some left-over sprues in there, seeing as the Tzeentch half doesn't appear to have much synergy or any sort of theme going on.

The new changeling is nice I guess.

What do you mean? The boxes usually are priced relativly reasonable. It's one of the few ways they ever give anything even resembling a discount (provided you want both factions of course)

They're generally a nice starting point or addition to an army. Or at least, they are when it doesn't contain Tzaangor for the fourth or fifth time.

Another destruction faction? Why?

10. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

11. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

They're still over £100 each, which is too much in my eye. You may respond with a 'welcome to Warhammer' quip in response, but at one time one could get a great couple of starting forces for half that amount, and you still can with other companies who haven't developed the greed that GW has. The entry cost for the game is going up and up for very little reason other than to satisfy GW's increasing money obsession.

I'd rather see Tzaangors than Horrors, which never have fitted well with the rest of the Tzeentchian army's aesthetic.

Destruction only has 3 proper factions (and Sons of Behemat, but they were purely introduced as the Imperial Knights of AoS and Knight-type armies were and are a terrible idea), compared to triple that for Order and double that for Chaos. It would be great to see GW go beyond Orcs, Goblins and Ogres and introduce some more different races who have thrown their lot in with Kragnos purely for convenience. I'd much rather take a new Destruction faction than yet more Elves at any rate.

12. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

It'd be great if it gave them a nerf to balance them out, as a lot of other 3rd Edition books have.

But then this is GW we're talking about, perhaps that is just a pipe dream...

Killer Angel likes this.
  13. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

Fair enough, but that isn't really an issue with boxed armies themselves.

My issue is that literally every Tzeentch box released contained Tzaangor, and a lot of Tzaangor at that. It's getting a bit boring. And I'd like to see something else. Plus, this would've been an excellent moment to expand the mortal side of Tzeentch, seeing as they only really have acolytes and that side has not been fleshed out at all.

Also, Tzaangor are a pain to paint, too many fiddly tiny details on their armour :p. So after 4 boxes of them I've kinda seen enough of them already.

I meant why did you think a new destruction army was/is coming? I thought you had some solid rumours to base that expectation on.

In general though, I'd rather see small incremental updates to the existing factions than yet more factions. We already have 24 of them (not counting weird subfactions like the kruleboyz that are functionally different armies, or the grand allegiance armies). Which imho, is enough.

As for the faction inbalance between grand allegiances, I don't think that'll ever change. Order is always going to be the biggest faction, as it's the easiest to add a new civilization to. Chaos is pretty much impossible to create a new faction for without creating a new god out of thin air. Undeath has similarly been written into a corner by giving Nagash supreme dominion over literally everything. And destruction suffers from the fact that the overarching theme is just rather restricted. And another belicose, war-obsessed race, isn't exactly going to be adding anything new.

14. Jason839
    Salamander

Jason839 Well-Known Member

AoS needs some Tyranids type love. An outside faction that does not belong to any of the current powers that threatens them all and aligns with none of them.

15. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Fair enough.

I simply stated the possibility of a new Destruction faction appearing, as you never know what GW might do.

A new Destruction faction doesn't have to be bellicose and war-mongering, Fimir were aligned with Destruction before their Forge World models were removed and they portrayed a more insidious and intelligent threat than Greenskins, Giants or Ogres. Indeed Destruction certainly has more freedom for new factions than Death (unless they add a faction not subjected to Nagash's rule as you have suggested many times, which is unlikely because GW want Death to be Nagash's subjects) or Chaos, because a new Destruction faction can have any sort of unpleasant character to it, so long as it sees Kragnos as a passing ally of convenience and has no wish to side with the Order pantheon, the Chaos Gods or Nagash. Indeed Flesh-Eater Courts might have worked as a Destruction faction given that they are the most removed from Nagash, if GW hadn't still given them some ties to him, because the Ghoul Kings are so caught up in their delusions and because the Ghouls, much like the Ogres, are only interested in devouring anything they can find.

ChapterAquila92 likes this.
  16. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

An insectoid race would be nice.
    Or arachnid. Make them evil, possibly for the interference of nurgle?, and you could have a chaos race not directly related to chaos gods

17. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

Ah, I misunderstood then.

That is how GW defined destruction though. As the various races who's sole purpose in life is to get into fights.
    Which is also why they're all so similar. They're all unwashed illiterate hordes who enjoy bullying those weaker than them, with basicly no interest in things like art, architecture, technology, or any of the other trappings of civilization (as a race, there are always a few insane individuals who break the rules)

It rather limits what you can do with destruction, as the moment a race starts actually becoming even remotely civilized they immeadiatly belong to order according to GW's own definitions (assuming they're not undeath, and don't worship a chaos god)

FEC are weird. They're one of the few factions that fit in multiple grand allegiances.
    They're undead, so death.
    They're insane, and can't really build much of a civilization as far as outsiders are concerned, which fits with destruction.
    But from their own point of view, they're shining beacons of virtue and civilization, and they will try to protect their fiefdoms and allies loyaly, which fits with order (in kind of a weird twisted way). They're not completly destructive, they do actually try to build up proper kingdoms, with the necesary infrastructure needed. Just through an insane lens, so they end up "farming" corpses or something insane like that. But it's still some form of organised aggriculture.

I guess you could potentially make a tyranid-variant into a destruction faction.
    The singleminded consumption of everything in it's path fits with destruction & it's something different from the unwashed hordes of barbarians that destruction currently consists of. Plus destruction already consists of outside factions who just attack whomever they happen to stumble across, including themselves. So that fits too.

18. Tyranitar
    Terradon

Tyranitar Well-Known Member

How do the scaly skin changes interact with slann and saurus guard? Do guard effectively lose scaly skin as well, since the damage the slann would take is no longer reduced and therefore the full damage is passed on to the guard? That would be pretty bad

19. ChapterAquila92
    Skar-Veteran

ChapterAquila92 Well-Known Member

As written, the raw deal of full damage passed on as mortal wounds. It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if the people writing the rules at GW didn't think that one through.

Tyranitar likes this.
  20. Tyranitar
    Terradon

Tyranitar Well-Known Member

Ugh, that's what I figured. I'll look into submitting a faq, I've never done it before. Idk how they would fix or errata that tho