1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS NEW *rumor*

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Logan8054, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Jason839
    Salamander

Jason839 Well-Known Member

Will be pretty interesting if true. Would mean Kixi-taka and the starblood stalkers would be the only skink priests we have. *starts searching pile of shame for starblood stalkers box*

Noxolotl and Togetic like this.
  2. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

Erta Wanderer Well-Known Member

i think they plan to cut down a bit on our models. make the star priest a priest so we have two standard priest options while keeping the seer and trog as wizards

3. Togetic
    Temple Guard

Togetic Well-Known Member

Mostly to remind myself to keep working on a repository of seraphon fluff, but this is a summary of all the explicitly new fluff from the latest parts of the refresh (with the caviat that its from WH community posts and livestream stuff, so not guarenteed to be 100% accurate to the future battletome):

*Aggradons are beasts blessed by Itzl, the old one who presides over cold-blooded beasts (and who's blessing was required for a skink or saurus to be capable of riding a Horned One in WHF). Their eggs laid dormant in Ziggurats of Itzl for millennia, possibly since the collapse of the polar gates in the old world, but have been reinvigorated and begun to hatch with the wave of ghurish energies engulfing the realms after Alarielle's rite of life threw the realm into a frenzy. Raptadons (skink cavalry) appear to have the same backstory, though it's not been explicitly mentioned that their eggs were also in the Itzl ziggurats and was implied they were just generally around in the temple-ships instead.
    -As a note on the Ziggurats of Itzl, In WHF Itzl's temples were isolated structures in the lustrian wilds, far from civilization, and honored by skinks that lived beyond the walls of temple-cities. It's possible (even likely) that many of these Ziggurats of Itzl mentioned to house Aggradon eggs were one in the same with those temples of itzl, just having escaped the planet alongside the temple-cities and other old-one monuments that were built with that failsafe mechanism. Given new temple-ships, spawning pools, etc can be built by Seraphon in AoS (via mechanisms within each major temple-ship that can build and "bud" the varying structures and temples attached to them) they're probably not all relics of the old world, but if Aggradon are a previously extinct species from the Old World then most that have their eggs would be.

*Kroxigor Warspawned (the more crocodilian form) are Kroxigor blessed by sotek, and carry the normal heightened aggression and defensive instincts that skinks and saurus with the same blessing have. Unlike sotek blessed skinks and Saurus, however, Warspawned Kroxigor are living weapons that exist only for war and can barely function outside of it, unable to feed or clean themselves like even normal Kroxigor are capable of. They rely entierly on dedicated skink attendants to take care of them, otherwise they'd just starve to death, and this creates an even closer bond between them and skinks than the normal one shared by the two species. Warspawned aren't a new subspecies, but prior to the era of the beast and the glut of warfare/awakening of stronger warlike instincts in the seraphon they were so rarely spawned (presumably existing in their miniscule numbers even back to the old world) that they had no real presence in the armies or plans of the seraphon, though now their numbers swell with sotek-blessed spawning after sotek-blessed spawning occuring as the era of the beast marches on.
    -A little note on these guys is the crocodile influence seeming at odds with what sotek's blessing usually gives to saurus and skinks (snake-like traits and split tails), but I figure on top of giving an option for total-war style designs, them being a sotek-blessed subspecies probably references the Crocodile headed egyptian god Sobek that a lot of people suspect is the origin of the name Sotek.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2023
  4. Globular
    Skink

Globular New Member

Looking closer, I'm not convinced that the Aggrodons are all that different from the old knights in anything but sculpt quality. Their bases seem on par with the Raptodons, which look about the same size as the old cold one bases, and the promotional pictures show four distinct Aggrodons sculpts (5 if you count the Oldblood). They certainly take up more vertical space than the cold ones, but they could easily still be a 5-squad of small cavalry based melee fighters.

5. Acehilator
    Ripperdactil

Acehilator Well-Known Member

They are in a unit of three in the glamour shot with all the new models, so they will come in a unit of three. They will have the big cavalry base (75x42mm) like Varanguard. Both versions of the Raptodons are shown in units of five, and will probably have the regular cavalry base (60x32mm).

For reference:

[​IMG]

6. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

yeah they are definitly shifting them into the heavy cav roll so bigger basses and 3 per unit

Imrahil and Just A Skink like this.
  7. Acehilator
    Ripperdactil

Acehilator Well-Known Member

Looking at the picture I posted above, I gotta say... THE HYPE IS STILL REAL!

Warriors looking so good, even with a basic color scheme... god damn.

Kroxigors... big bois. What's the estimate? 50mm base, and height between a Rockgut and a Dankhold?

8. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

Krox are on 50mms warriors on 32mm the ripperdons are on normal cav basses the aggrodons are on big cav basses the slann is on a 75mm the salamander is on a big cav base and the seer/astrolith are both on the same basses as before

Noxolotl and Just A Skink like this.
  9. Oliver
    Cold One

Oliver Active Member

Why do people think starpriest is discontinued? I still see it on the webstore.

SkinkPriest37 likes this.
  10. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

They don't. They think that the priest is getting removed.

11. Oliver
    Cold One

Oliver Active Member

O

12. Oliver
    Cold One

Oliver Active Member

The Aggradons don't seem too much bigger than current cold ones tbf, the saurus sits higher up and on a stone saddle and the posture is less crooked and more open.

The raptordons look smaller than the older cold ones.

SkinkPriest37 likes this.
  13. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

Are you kiding? They are taller than Warriors at the shoulder. Definitely a significant chunk bigger

Just A Skink likes this.
  14. Oliver
    Cold One

Oliver Active Member

But I don't think warriors are that much bigger either, at least height wise they don't seem far off the older saurus warrior, they've just thickened out alot.

It just seems to be the posture of them rearing upward while their limbs aren't being cramped inwards.

15. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

warriors don't have to be bigger for the aggoradons to be clearly larger. cold ones are shorter then old warriors and aggoradons are clearly taller and by quite a bit.

Canas likes this.
  16. Oliver
    Cold One

Oliver Active Member

I didn't say they weren't at all larger.

I'm saying the perspective of them appearing larger is due to the posture and they aren't that far off

To clarify a bit more I'm sort of refferring to when people have compared them to varangard. I don't think that they dwarf cold ones like varangard dwarf chaos knights for instance.

17. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

I'd guess they're similar in size to something like Dracoth or mournfang or something like that. I think those are all slightly smaller than varanguard.

18. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

The riders are the same, but this mount is much more impressive and bigger than cold ones.
    I think it will be a difference similar to Blood Knight and Black Knight.

Erta Wanderer likes this.
  19. Oliver
    Cold One

Oliver Active Member

I was about to disagree and say they are probably bigger but you might be right there, 75mm or probably 90mm as their feet are are like 4mm from the base edge.

Also they have tiny sausage heads now that I think about it. Love it.

20. Cuetzpal Pilli
    Temple Guard

Cuetzpal Pilli Well-Known Member

...funny, that's what the WF lore used to say about the saurus...