1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS NEW *rumor*

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Logan8054, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

Even so. 50+ seems high. Even with doubles.
    Plus, those tokens tend to be double-sided, with different options on either side.

2. Mist Weaver
    Skink

Mist Weaver Member

3. Mist Weaver
    Skink

Mist Weaver Member

I personally hope a new Slann model means some new lore and information on the Slann.

SkinkPriest37 and Kilvakar like this.
  4. Kilvakar
    Carnasaur

Kilvakar Well-Known Member

Each battletome comes with a lore section. It remains to be seen if they will advance or add to the lore at all. I hope they do. The Lizardmen are really interesting lore-wise, much more so than pretty much any other faction. But GW insists on using them as obstacles for other factions to fight through or pawns in someone else's plans. Time for the Great Plan to get back on track I say! :D

SkinkPriest37 likes this.
  5. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

Erta Wanderer Well-Known Member

Cheaper than I thought they'd be

Attached Files:

SkinkPriest37 and Skained like this.
  6. Skained
    Chameleon Skink

Skained Well-Known Member

170€ in Spain

Erta Wanderer likes this.
  7. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

Erta Wanderer Well-Known Member

looks like trade prices, i expect a 20% increase due to looking at the Cerberus heavy tank

8. jinjerJosh22
    Kroxigor

jinjerJosh22 Well-Known Member

I think this is similar pricing as the Slaves to Darkness rework. I think that was around the 150 euro mark and that was before the most recent increase to pricing. Man I hope this is the case, this is already way more than I feel comfortable outlaying in one go and I can't shake the feeling it will break the 200 mark.
    Here's hoping :bag:

9. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

sigh... and that's for what's basicly just a start collecting box + a tome...

10. Putzfrau
    Skar-Veteran

Putzfrau Well-Known Member

the slaves one has like 35. i dont know if its unreasonable for seraphon to have a single additional sheet. Also, are we sure they aren't counting both sides?

considerably more than a start collecting box lol.

11. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

It's a centerpiece model 2 cavalry units, and 1 infantry unit + the collectors tome stuff.
    Start collecting boxes are generally build around 1 centerpiece model, 1 infantry unit and 1 cavalry/monstrous unit, and often a bonus foothero, especially if the centerpiece isn't a hero already. Occasionally something will be swapped out for a different option.

The only start collecting box I can quickly find that's genuinely less would be ironjawz, who for some reason don't have a centerpiece model, and no replacement for it either.

So compared to most startboxes it's 1 unit more. Which I wouldn't call "considerably more".

12. SkinkPriest37
    Saurus

SkinkPriest37 Active Member

Warriors and Raptadons will most likely be £30 each so that's £90, £40 for the Slann so £130 and £55 for the limited edition battle tome gives £185. Therefore for £130 we get a nicer version of the book for free whilst paying for the other units at full price so its only worth it for the book and if you want the rest of the units early but I did kind of expect this.

I am interested in what the vanguard box/es will be like

13. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

Has GW changed the conversion rates between various territories? I remember euro and pound prizes to be much closer together at some point.

Anyways; that's kinda my point. The only "extra" thing is the book, which isn't terribly impressive. Especially when you consider that army boxes like the 40K box with Vashtor is the same prize, which easily contains double the units.

Which honestly is one the most annoying things about GW. Their prices never make sense.

14. Putzfrau
    Skar-Veteran

Lol "One extra thing" is a lot.

The value of these boxes is always considerably better than the Vanguard boxes that come out, assuming you actually need the book.

It's like 10 dollars more than the slaves to darkness box set and has more models.

feels pretty ticky tacky to complain about, but to each their own.

probably more like 110 for the warriors and raptordons. Compare the costs to the new slaves to darkness warriors and knight kits that just came out. Slann will easily be demon prince price, so probably closer to 160/170 all things considered for the retail on models.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2023
  15. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

the fact is: the box will include material that you could be interested in, or not...
    do you want the cards? do you want the tokens?
    if you usually don't use them, then it's material that you pay but you don't need.

Putzfrau likes this.
  16. Putzfrau
    Skar-Veteran

agreed, i dont think its a box set many people will be investing in multiples of. A lot of the value is definitely in those ancillary items.

17. SkinkPriest37
    Saurus

SkinkPriest37 Active Member

Yes. I don't think there's much more to say here but I don't think I'll pick it up. I'll wait for the big release and buy what I want then

18. DarkUrizen
    Skink

DarkUrizen Member

I admit I was pretty hyped at first, but as
    1. I don't really play a lot,
    2. I don't really need the book,
    3. I have quite a lot of unpainted old Saurus already,
    4. I prefer the other cavalry dinos over those turkeys...
    ...so I either get the Slann as single model or also wait for a possibly cooler Vanguard Box

But in the end I appreciate a lot that GW gives our favorite faction some love.

19. VikingRage
    Razordon

VikingRage Well-Known Member

I am grabbing this box (I do want the overgrown turkeys :clown:), but I am probably going to go light on the rest of the models coming out this summer so that what makes sense for me (really just grabbing the kroxigors this summer and kitbashing saurus cav with my existing 35 knights).

20. Acehilator
    Ripperdactil

Acehilator Well-Known Member

The savings are not as spectacular as with Battleforce boxes, but ~25% plus cards plus tokens is...

[​IMG]

If Raptadon rules turn out bad, off to ebay they go.

ChapterAquila92 and Killer Angel like this.