1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS New spell lore table question

Discussion in 'Seraphon Tactics' started by Tezia, Jun 26, 2019.

1. Tezia
    Skink

Tezia Active Member

with the new spells being able to be taken by any wizard I feel like it makes more sense to definitely bring a starpriest or possibly 2?

Is the rule of one consistent for multiple units? If for example I wanted to run a slann with GR and 2 starpriest with tempest to be anti horde. Would turning them into nuclear bombs be viable? Or would I only be able to have one of them have tempest.

The idea being get them into range either through movement or port if necessary and then Cast tempest. With a 24” range and needing the unit not the model count it feels like a decent way to get 30-60 rolls off and really do some damage in the hero phase. Thinking that, would we be able to bring 2 and do that again or only one?

LizardWizard likes this.
  2. fued
    Skink

fued Member

yeah i really want to fit a 2nd starpriest in my army, summon starlight is a must every turn (-1 to hit is awesome) and then i want to cast the 5+ mortal wound per model spell without sacraficing casts on my slann....

LizardWizard likes this.
  3. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

I bring one Starpriest anyway since I like to include Cogs in most of my lists and cast that one in the first turn. Mostly for the extra spell so the Slann can summon more, sometimes for the extra charge.
    I am indeed tempted to include another Starpriest if I play a more magic heavy list.

LizardWizard likes this.
  4. fued
    Skink

fued Member

Yeah with cogs as well u almost need 3 starpriests haha

LizardWizard likes this.
  5. Aginor
    Slann

I wish the Starseer could cast two spells. That would make him worth it...

6. Vexcor
    Kroxigor

Vexcor Well-Known Member

i still dont get it why he can cast only one spell ....
    is a starseer not the big version of a starpriest? A starpriest can cast one spell, and one of the bests as well.
    So...... a starseer should....have to get 2 spells to cast.
    When we get our update he maybe get some love, or will be playable a bit.

Aginor and LizardWizard like this.
  7. Aginor
    Slann

It is a relic from when his abilities were a lot more useful than they are now.

LizardWizard likes this.
  8. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

To actually answer your question, you can have both starpriests with the same lore spell, however only one of them can attempt to cast it in any given turn. this is a common tactic in other armies that had lore's prior to GHB19 as a back up in case one got killed.

LizardWizard likes this.
  9. Tezia
    Skink

Tezia Active Member

Thanks. So really bringing two would be best served as one to dish out the horde spell and another for the hero targeted one if you were going spell heavy.

LizardWizard likes this.
  10. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

correct, and having both with the same horde lore spell would give you a back up if one dies to a placement mistake or alpha strike.

LizardWizard likes this.
  11. Batch
    Cold One

Batch Active Member

Well, if one of the Starpreists dies just summon it back. Just a shame its in the movement phase.

LizardWizard likes this.
  12. Vexcor
    Kroxigor

Vexcor Well-Known Member

i have a question about our new spell:

Mystical Unforging (casting 8): Pick an enemy hero within 12", D3 mortal wounds and on a 5+ his artifact stops existing (can only be used on heroes with an artifact)

if his artefact gives him a 5+ feel no pain, and i roll a 5 on destroying his artefact, can he ignore the D3 mortal wounds with his artefact or in which order are the effects triggered?

LizardWizard likes this.
  13. Aginor
    Slann

The way I read it the damage and the artefact destruction are unrelated.
    So he can avoid the wounds but not the artefact damage.

14. Vexcor
    Kroxigor

Vexcor Well-Known Member

the problem is, there is no exact wording. Its D3 dmg and on a 5+ the artefact is gone. sounds like both happens at the same time.
    There is a rule, where you can declare what happens on your turn in which order.
    Is this one of those examples?

LizardWizard likes this.
  15. Seraphage
    Stegadon

Seraphage Well-Known Member

Everything happens on the same time no matter which phase it is. So yeah, he can avoid the d3 MW even if you roll the 5+ as the moment you deal them he still has the artefact, but after that the artefact is no more ( for the next spell at hero phase for example) It would be otherwise if the damage triggered on a different phase than the destruction of the artefact.

Hero phase also happens in the exact same time. So that's why you can do the spells in any order.
    Also, the example you are mentioning is this : if in YOUR turn you have more than 1 things happening "at the start of the hero phase" for example, you get to pick the order they happen. But it is always the "start of the hero phase" !

Wytchphyre77, Canas and LizardWizard like this.