1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Oficial point system and narrative play for AoS

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Xlanax_lot, Apr 25, 2016.

1. pendrake
    Skink Priest

pendrake Well-Known Member

Or, they had a point balance system all along. They just chose to leave it out initially, because it wasn't ready, or because they wanted to keep the free material very short in length, or because they hope to profit from it when it is released...

<< shrug >>

Bowser likes this.
  2. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

of they where secretly having us beta test it for them... :shifty:

neoanomally likes this.
  3. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

Actually I didn't mean it as a bad thing, though I suppose "cave in" has a negative connotation associated with it. I agree with you that it won't please everyone but it is a step in the right direction.

We'll see how it ends up affecting the AoS community. Will it be hard to find an open game or vice versa?
    Those are definitely possible scenarios, but my gut feeling is that they didn't have this planned right from the start. If they knew all along it would mean that they really dropped the ball from a PR standpoint because they lost a lot of customers by insisting that AoS will never have a point system.

My opinion is that this is an attempt to boost sluggish AoS sales.

Bowser likes this.
  4. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

I am not sure about sales numbers, but I do think that SCGT points system is going to change with some guidance from GW or they are just going to adopt the SCGT system. Lord Kroak for example was a low selling model until AOS, now constantly going out of stock. Likewise you can buy the top 3 armies from the SCGT tournament, labeled as battle tested, all of which sold out already.
    You can view the armies here:
    https://www.games-workshop.com/en-C...hTerm=&sorting=rec&categoryId=cat440002a-flat

Freddy25 likes this.
  5. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

And such a beautiful model. I agree that rules definitely make a difference. I never bought a Troglodon even though I love that model.

Xlanax_lot and Bowser like this.
  6. Phoedinn
    Razordon

Phoedinn Well-Known Member

Last edited: Apr 27, 2016
  7. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

8. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

I am definitely excited and looking forward to the General's Handbook. This is brilliant!

Gogery and Phoedinn like this.
  9. airjamy
    Bastiladon

airjamy Well-Known Member

This is very interesting news, and it fixes the major gripe i have with AOS, with stupid SC's and a lack of depth as the other two gripes. This does not bring me back to AOS yet, i am still 9th all the way, but it makes it less completely dead to me if that makes sense.

10. YZK
    Saurus

YZK Member

Forgive my ignorance, but what is/are SC's? StarCrafts, Super Computers, Silent Chuckles, Special Characters, Something Completely different?
    All in all, I'm very excited for this turn of change!

Freddy25 likes this.
  11. pendrake
    Skink Priest

pendrake Well-Known Member

My guess would be Summoning Casters.

12. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

Special Characters ?

13. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

n810 is right, it stands fo Special Characters.
    Proof!

14. Fhanados
    Terradon

Fhanados Well-Known Member

I'm a bit conflicted about this. I like the idea of a point-less system because it means EVERYTHING is a viable choice. I don't want Seraphon to be like Lizardmen of ages past where the army was basically "Skinks with some stuff on the side". Saurus are the backbone of our armies and this should be able to be represented on the tabletop without hamstringing ourselves.

That said I understand why points are a good thing. It gives you a criteria to apply to your army design so you can say to all your buddies "hey 2000pts game two weeks from now" and everyone can turn up with an "equal" force. I suppose in the end it comes down to how well balanced the points are (it's still GW, so probably not very!).

I can't help but feel like the whole Free Play option will go the way of Unbound Armies in 40k - everyone yelled "hax" and it was never heard of again... and I would genuinely be disappointed by that.

15. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Global campaign and Generals Handbook is out next month.

The global campaign sounds awesome if the rumours are true.
    Website dedicated to it with a living map, which will directly influence the fluff and realms.

So excited to see how this works! Will have to make more time to ensure a couple of extra seraphon wins! ;)

16. Fhanados
    Terradon

Fhanados Well-Known Member

Everyone should get in on the global campaign! Maybe if we win we get some new models or a little sub-faction like Stormcast got Extremis Chamber. Now THAT would be awesome!

Xlanax_lot and Bowser like this.
  17. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning