1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pathfinder-ish Campaign...

Discussion in 'General Hobby/Tabletop Chat' started by Tk'ya'pyk, Apr 10, 2020.

1. Tk'ya'pyk
    Skar-Veteran

Tk'ya'pyk Well-Known Member

As you're piling up and sorting through stuff, Arkhanides and Vincenzo approach you. "Hey, we dinna want to be-a bother, but we-a kinda think it is time to ask for some pay, yes?"

"Definitely."

"For what-a we did, we'd like-a da following. Dat Bag of Devouring? We havva use for dat ting."

"We'd like, say, 6 other items. Don't care which, we're just gonna sell them anyway."

"One t'ousand gold for expenses..."

"And there's four barrels of gunpowder in the third warehouse. We'd like one of those, please."

"Oh yes. Oh, anna ride back to Kithmali, please?"

2. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

Erta Wanderer Well-Known Member

"that seems more then fair. thank you for all your help. provided we don't run into any more trouble then we should be heading back tomorrow."

3. DeathBringer125
    Carnasaur

DeathBringer125 Well-Known Member

Drakk walks over and shakes their hands before saying "Of course! Thank you for your help, I'm sure we can arrange a ride soon. I will make sure to recommend you two to anyone we meet, and you are definitely on my, hire again, list!"

4. Tk'ya'pyk
    Skar-Veteran

As the group approaches the secret door Azaphor freaked out at, something has changed. First off, Wisdom reacts to this door the same way he did to the other. Second, this is the first time Izema has approached the doors. As he does so, a ghostly image materializes in front of the door and begins to speak.

Scion of the Celestials, know that you are in what is left of a fortress of the Order of Eternal Light. Once we were a proud Order, keepers of goodness and light in this part of the world. We maintained watch over Linu'sek'thesil, the Death Knight, guarded the approaches to the Eastern flanks of the Celestial Empire, and ruled this island justly and in the name of the Holy Light. Alas, the affairs of the Empire proved our downfall and tore the Order apart. With my last breath, I have sealed the room beyond from intrusion. It will only open to the touch of one of Celestial Blood. Any others, especially those of Daemonic alliance, will have their blood boil in their veins. Once opened, the seals cannot be renewed, so think carefully before you open this door. Within are those treasures of the Order that we dared not move from the island, or that I hid away to keep others from using in our internal conflicts. You have been warned...........

5. DeathBringer125
    Carnasaur

After the ghosts warning, the group discussed amongst themselves whether to press forward. The verdict was to wait until after the hit some shops to get better equipment. As everyone dispersed Drakk was finally left to process things. After about 30 minutes of staring at a wall while intensively piecing things together, he decided to speak to the Half-Orc Smith they captured.

Approaching him, Drakk says "Hello, what's your name?"

"Uh my name is Garum..."

"Hi Garum, I have a proposition for you. As you may have guess the Scro are no more. Now you seem fairly reasonable however and I would like to offer you a job as you weren't very deeply involved with their operations, and clearly weren't there by choice. When we cleared out a warehouse we found components to make a small forge. I think we could offer you a paying job if you would work for us. The forge isn't much, but I'd you give us a list of tools you need, I'm sure we can pick up some when we are in the market tomorrow. If you are willing, I'm sure we could negotiate your exact payment tomorrow perhaps, but for now, if you agree I can show you the forge materials. Does that sound good to you? We can remove your bindings and such and get you a room of your own. We will trust you not to run off, it would be your loss. What do you say?"

Garum stood in shock for a few moments before nodding and followed Drakk to the forge equipment to set it up with him.

6. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

the trip to Kithmali goes well. opon arriving Izema leaves Omen to his selling and heads of to the crafts man quarter of the city. asking for directions to the requisitions office he walks in looking for some one who is not to busy. "hello sir i am in need of help finding metirials and workers for a job can you help me?"

7. Tk'ya'pyk
    Skar-Veteran

"Certainly. What kind of materials and laborers are you looking for?"

8. Tk'ya'pyk
    Skar-Veteran

Meanwhile, back on the island, the rest of you are clustered around the warehouses, sorting out the stuff that needs to go back to Silgisarii Colony on Vyapor. As you pile stuff in organized stacks on the unpaved street between the warehouses and the port houses, you get a semi-unexpected guest.

Hello, Linus says as he approaches. Have you decided what you will do with the island, then? Oh, and did you find my armor?

9. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

"the first and probably most difficult thing i need is a (300) block of fine marble. large enough to be made into a pedestal and statue. beyond that we are in need of quite a few things 50 pounds of glass enough adamantine to craft 2 short swords and a sword like this one (saying so he produces a schematic of shiros sword) 2 sapphires about the size of an eye and directions to a alchemist and a wizard that is willing to make spells.
    as for workers we need workers that are willing to work on site for quite a while. we need a stonemason, bricklayers, laborers, general foreman, building foreman and carpenter(s). it would also help greatly if you could direct me to the best sculptor of marble that you know and the best artist of glass that are willing to work under said conditions. we are willing to pay 50% more then the going rate for such workers."

10. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

oh and while not likely do you know of any unalined clerics for hire?

11. Tk'ya'pyk
    Skar-Veteran

We're a little short on laborers and such here as we have lent a large number of such laborers to the Iron Knollosi to our North for the repair of Irongate Keep (South). Do you want the glass in sheets, pieces, mosaic tiles, bottles, or just the raw materials? Marble is not an issue, but it will depend on the color. White marble, black marble, and blue marble are easy. Rust marble is a little more expensive, but available, same with ochre. We do not have any green marble. Adamantine can be obtained in the metals market at the North-west edge of the Great Market. Sapphires are easily obtained from the gem market.

A sculptor can be hired if you go to the Artisan's Guild. Glassworkers, likewise, can be hired from the Guild of Glassworkers and Mosaicists. We don't really do much with brick in Kithmali, so you'll need to go elsewhere for that.

12. DeathBringer125
    Carnasaur

Drakk approaches Linus before reaching out to shake his hand. "Hello Linus, currently two of our group are in Kithmali trying to hire some workman to fix this place up. We will definitely use this as a base of ours, but we haven't exactly figured out what else we would like to use it for. As for your armor, there are two rooms of interest that we didn't want to go in, until we got some better equipment. I suspect your armor is in one of them. How exactly can we contact you when we find it? Or did you want to stick around and hang out here?"

13. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

most of the glass can be in sheets but i need half of it in raw form. white marble would be best. and what ever workers you can spare would help.

14. Tk'ya'pyk
    Skar-Veteran

You can just bring it out to my island. It isn't terribly hard to walk there... Noting the look of confusion on your faces, he tilts his head and casts all of you a curious look. You... you don't know about the land-bridge, do you?

15. DeathBringer125
    Carnasaur

"Oh I was not aware of a land bridge to your island! Where exactly is it? (Drakk holds up a rough map he has been making of the island)"

16. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

oh also do you have a runner? i need to send a message.

17. Tk'ya'pyk
    Skar-Veteran

"Certainly. Where would you like the message sent to?"

18. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

"i need it sent to Scribonius the Seer or to some one who can get it to him." saying so Izema wrights "all has been taken care of" and signs it

19. Tk'ya'pyk
    Skar-Veteran

The shopkeep blanches at that request, but nods. "I, um, yes, we can deliver a message to the Speaker, but I cannot guarantee he will receive it in the next three days..."

20. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

"well do what you can im sorry for any inconvenience. now can i get directions to the artists guild?" so saying Izema give the acquisitions officer directions to the ship. and asks him to send what laborers he can find there. once done he sets of for the artisans guild