1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poll: Choose your favourite Dwarf army. There can be only one!

Discussion in 'General Hobby/Tabletop Chat' started by NIGHTBRINGER, Dec 11, 2019.

?

Which is your favourite Dwarf army/faction?

1. Chaos Dwarfs / Legion of Azgorh

2. WFB Dwarfs / Dispossessed

3. Kharadron Overlords

4. Fyreslayers

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

It's not a competitive choice. But still great addition for a fun army!!

They're definitely unique. Firstly, they are the rarest of the 8th edition Warhammer armies. Second, as you stated, they have a good bit of variety for such a small army list. Shame the rules are only for the "Legion of Azgorh" as opposed to Chaos Dwarfs as an entire race. So much good stuff left off the table. That said, unit-wise, they have some good combat capabilities, shooting and magic. There is even a decent number of quicker moving elements in the army. War machines, monstrous infantry, monstrous beasts, monsters and even a choo choo train!!

A solid mid-tier army with some excellent modelling and terrain opportunities.

What is in this Excel grid?

Bowser, Lizards of Renown and Imrahil like this.
  2. Lizards of Renown
    Slann

Lizards of Renown Herald of Creation

Thought so. Just like the O&G version.

:D

I have one for each of my other armies, it has every unit, stats, points cost, etc. so I can easily make up my lists and then it totals the points of the different types.

Life is blowing up again, but I'll get back to this shortly.

Bowser, NIGHTBRINGER and Imrahil like this.
  3. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

Except even more expensive!

Have you ever tried BattleScribe Roster Editor? @Mrs. NIGHTBRINGER and I use it and we really like it.

Bowser and Lizards of Renown like this.
  4. Lizards of Renown
    Slann

Ah... Well, me being me, I'll probably still make or find a model for it. A bit like how I've got jungle swarms for my lizardmen, but I've NEVER used them. I just think they're cool.

No I haven't. If it comes that highly recommended, I'll try it out. Just search for it on the Apps screen on Apple or what?

Bowser, NIGHTBRINGER and Imrahil like this.
  5. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

Nothing wrong with that. Plus you might find a home for it in a friendlier soft list.

Apps store (it's free) or google "battlescribe"

6. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

My unassembled Beastmen still in their SC Box:
    [​IMG]

I doubt your Chaos Warriors are any more hygienic - given they’re sealed inside their armour, where does all their waste go? :p

In all seriousness, though, congrats @Lizards of Renown for deciding to have a go at collecting and playing Chaos Dwarfs, their eternal resistance against GW’s attempts to squat them gets stronger with every new player! Good luck with finding a cheap copy of Tamurkhan to play them with though...

I have a whole heap of respect for the Dawi Zharr, for their unique and original aesthetic and background, their and their dedicated and loyal fanbase. It’s just such a shame that GW didn’t give them the same treatment as any other Fantasy faction. They never had a fair playing field in terms of attention, even their 4th Edition book was a White Dwarf exclusive as I understand it. A copy of it appeared at one of my favourite retailers of second-hand Warhammer books not long ago... I had to resist the urge to snaffle it for myself.

The Tamurkhan book is OK for playing them in 8th, but I just find it painful how undersized the Legion of Azgorh list is compared to all the proper Fantasy lists, particularly in 7th and 8th where all the armies got a healthy selection of different options, and the fact that it was Forge World-made rather than developed by GW proper lowers my opinion of it all the more (Forge World-written stuff still feels fan-made in my personal opinion, because though it’s technically part of GW it isn’t the 100% real McCoy that only comes with Games Workshop proper).

I honestly find Matthias Eliasson’s Chaos Dwarfs book created as part of his Warhammer Armies Project to be the better ruleset - it bulks out the list to put it on a level playing field with all the official lists, and to be honest the price to pay for going fan-made is far far less than what it used to be now GW no longer supports 8th, particularly as a lot of players trust Eliasson’s work because he makes regular updates and he’s got a flash Blogspot site to host all his work on. Also it's free to download!

However, as you’re the Chaos Dwarf player, not me, it’s down to you to choose which set of rules you want to use. :)

I see you’ve decided to go with Lost Kingdom as your company of choice... make sure to keep them nicely packed in your cases... I assume you have a 3D printer in your lodgings somewhere, or are going to get your minis from someone who does?

Last edited: Oct 12, 2021
  7. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

To the realm of chaos, likely Nurgle's corner of it ;). Speaking of which, Nurgle's followers are less hygienic than your Beastmen, but on the opposite end, you have someone like Slaanesh's Sigvald.

Do Chaos Warriors even eat?

I believe he bought them from a model printer in Australia.

8. Lizards of Renown
    Slann

Cheers! I have found a copy of the Tamurkhan thankfully. Friend actually had it and gave to me (we play each other regularly).

Yup!

Yeah, I am a bit funny where if it's not official 8th, I don't want it... so... :(

This. Still trying to find someone who can print in or new the UK as the postage for what I got is absolutely f****d.

After looking at the different types of models that I could find, the Lost Kingdom ones appealed to me most. I'm planning to discipline myself by only buying unpainted minis and then making this the first army I paint from scratch... [LoR swallows nervously] We'll see how I do!

I'm definitely going to be asking @Sudsinabucket a lot of questions as our resident professional!

9. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

Good friend. Those books regularly go for between $150-$250 on Ebay.

YAY!! :)

I feel the same way.

10. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

Lucky you! That's your rules sorted then!

I would say you have a butcher's on Etsy, a lot of 3D-printed model sellers convene there. In particular I found this seller based in Woking (War of the Worlds country, not that far from either of us) while browsing 3D-printed Beastmen and he also prints Lost Kingdom, including their Chaos Dwarfs:
    https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/Sunder...isting_id=945677120&search_query=Chaos+Dwarfs

And the best part is his models are very affordable!

11. Lizards of Renown
    Slann

Brilliant! I’ll check him out! Thanks!

12. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

13. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

:eek:

Bowser likes this.
  14. Cuetzpal Pilli
    Temple Guard

Cuetzpal Pilli Well-Known Member

Ooh! An upcoming Kickstarter with hopefully a bunch of minis/STLs?!?!

Yes please!!

15. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

16. Lizards of Renown
    Slann

I remember that Chaos Dwarf character actually... Must have been 5th or 6th edition with a steampunk style exo-suit! Pretty cool.

17. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

18. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

19. Lizards of Renown
    Slann

20. WildColonial Boy
    Bastiladon

WildColonial Boy Well-Known Member

Yeah baby.
    Already have 3 chaos dwarf blood bowl teams but looks like there will be a 4th. Just hope the hobgobs look as good