1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tutorial Professor Lupin and Scalenex's Guide to Enemy Magic Phases

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Tactics' started by Scalenex, Oct 19, 2013.

1. Yakhunter
    Saurus

Yakhunter New Member

Re: Professor Lupin and Scalenex's Guide to Enemy Magic Phas

You can update the greedy fist paragraph for Ogres. It was errata'ed to only work on close combat attacks some time ago:

Page 62 – Greedy Fist, second paragraph.
    Change the last sentence to “In addition, an enemy Wizard
    loses a Wizard level and a randomly selected spell each time
    they are hit in close combat by an Ogre wearing the Greedy
    Fist.”

Scalenex likes this.
  2. walach
    Razordon

walach New Member

Q on chaos dwarf magic:

ash storm, in the guide states can't target any unit but his own as an effect. what about spells with no target?

3. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

I don't know. One would probably need to inquire on the Chaos Dwarf forum about that unusual situation.

Thanks Yakhunter, I removed the erroneous Greedy Fist entry in lieu of this new information.

I also added a bound spell section now that I now own a Dwarf book. That just leaves Skaven, which I am still dependent on a volunteer for. Also, let me know if I missed any unique bound spells (and describe them and color code them please).

4. Scalenex
    Slann

Added lore of Undeath the OP (calling this thread necromancy would be somewhat redundant).

I still need a volunteer to cover the Skaven lores.

5. Madrck
    Temple Guard

Madrck Member

Stop dreaded 13th.
    Pretty sure it's the only spell in Skaven.
    Whats SkaveninAZ doing? he rights batreps and has been playing the filthy rats over LM for a few months now

6. VampTeddy
    Terradon

VampTeddy Active Member

Plague is nasty on skinks, toughness test, and might leap to another nearby unit? no please!

Crack's call is dangerous too.

Poison on rat's are also useful against saurii

sadly i don't know enough about the spells to really make a tactica on it, but suffice to say, it's rather nasty, one of the better lores.

7. Scalenex
    Slann

[​IMG]

I had to throw this thread in the Tactica Graveyard because the color coding was altered from the forum move and I wanted to add End Times stuff. Character count limits prevented me from editing the original posts, so I started a reboot, but @The Red Devil managed to drastically raise the character count of posts on the forum allowing me to revive the Old thread.

Thanks TRD for enabling the first Tactica to escape the Graveyard!

More will soon come...and then when the dead outnumber the living, we will truly ascend muhahaha...nevermind ignore the last sentence.

And some good came out my aborted reboot, because it refreshed the topic to the top of the Tactics section and @airjamy volunteered to cover Skaven. The only remaining blind spot.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2015
    Slanputin likes this.
  8. airjamy
    Bastiladon

airjamy Well-Known Member

I agree, there are a lot of spells and special things that the Skaven can hit you with. The dreaded 13th is the biggest danger, especially if your unit of TG with your Slann in it already had to sustain some casualties and can be one shot, but there are some more dangers to be found against this army. I am for the coming few days incredibly busy with studies, so i expect to have time in the weekend to actually write.

9. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

Looking forward to it, I know Skaven has some nasty magic potential.

airjamy likes this.
  10. Scalenex
    Slann

Thanks to @airjamy's PMing me his review of the Skaven lores, at long last, I am declaring this Tactica complete.

If you believe there is a an omission or glaring typo, let me know. Also feel free to politely debate the ratings or implications of any particular spell if you feel you have some new insight.

airjamy and n810 like this.
  11. airjamy
    Bastiladon

airjamy Well-Known Member

You are welcome @Scalanex , it is no trouble. The notion that i am still writing can be deleted now i think? For the rest, i think this is one of the if not the most complete tactica on magic on the web now, well done to everybody who contributed.

Scalenex likes this.