1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Question about Death allegiance

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Princesse of chaos, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Princesse of chaos
    Skink

Princesse of chaos New Member

Hello guys,

I'm about to have a huge 3k5 fight this weekend against my best mate who's gonna play an army under the Death great alliance, with a mix of NH and OBR.

I don't know much about Aos yet but I know that playing with a great alliance make you loose some rules etc...

The last battle we had he played a LoN allegiance if i'm not mistaken, and almost half of his army popped in my back and he could revive a whole unit with his summoning pit or something (don't know the exact name), will I face something similar? Or will he loose all these rules? I don't have the core rules with me so I can't check all of this on my own.

I'm asking because he's not the best with rules (neither am I but I'm trying) and last time he gave an item to Mannfred and popped Morghast in my back and I've learn only later that this was wrong...

Thanks in advance :) !

2. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

LoN units can be kept in reserve and be called on the battlefield using grave sites (the "summoning pits"), however a certain number of requisites must be met: a LoN hero must be nearby that specific gravesite, and no enemy units must be near it (don't recall if within 9").

Also yes, with the use of a CP, he can revive a slain unit (always from a gravesite, always with the above limitations), BUT that unit MUST have the "summonable" keyword.
    So, Black Knights can be raised, a Vampire Lord on Zombie Dragon will stay dead.

Regarding other ways to "pop" units in your rearlines…. alas i don't recall the abilities of the battalions. Could be.

Princesse of chaos likes this.
  3. Princesse of chaos
    Skink

Thanks you a lot for your information!

I'll make sure to remember all of this during the battle.

4. Random Lizard
    Cold One

Random Lizard Well-Known Member

Usually when i play, if someone uses a strong ability that i had no knowledge of, i i ask that player to show me in the battletome the rule that allows him to do it (yes the first game might take more time) but the next time i wont have to check it because i'll know about it.

5. Egres
    Razordon

Egres Well-Known Member

That’s a great ideal, plus it shouldn’t take too long as he/she should know exactly where it is in book etc!!

Imrahil likes this.
  6. Princesse of chaos
    Skink

Yep i'll do that for sure, and i'll show him mine when i'll use strong abilities as well.

Thanks a lot!

Imrahil and Killer Angel like this.
  7. Random Lizard
    Cold One

Random Lizard Well-Known Member

It also allows you to play around such abilities the next time you play because you will be able to anticipate what he/she will do.

Imrahil likes this.
  8. Princesse of chaos
    Skink

Supp guys!

Thanks to everyone for the tips, just finish the game, Lost 21 to 22 but was very fun !

Attached Files:

ILKAIN, Imrahil and Nart like this.