1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blog Radiant Raiders, c&c welcome

Discussion in 'Personal Paint Logs' started by Tichi Huichi Raider, Jul 19, 2021.

1. Tichi Huichi Raider
    Skink

Tichi Huichi Raider Member

My painting blog, comments and criticism always welcome.

First post is a bastiladon I've been working on. I'm ultimately thinking of going for a theme of having half of my army being cool colors particularly blue hues and the other half being warm colors. This Solar Engine is supposed to be the blue solar engine. I'm still trying to figure out how to paint the actual engine. I don't want to do the yellow-orange that is depicted on the box art because that's sorta what I have planned for the other solar engine. I'm visualizing something akin to a blue star but I'm not sure how best to capture that. If yall have color suggestions, advice, or examples for accomplishing this "blue star" idea, fell free to drop a comment.

[​IMG]

2. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

OK, i don't know if this can help, but maybe you can find some inspiration...

189212990_2874682366126358_7946300435079514125_n.jpg

3. Tichi Huichi Raider
    Skink

Tichi Huichi Raider Member

Yeah, i might use one of those patterns for the other Bastiladon. They all look pretty interesting.

Warden and Lizards of Renown like this.
  4. Tyranitar
    Terradon

Tyranitar Well-Known Member

f4487b8f467f26a7a26ec80a87d6521e.jpg 00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200923002330404_COVER.jpg I just Googled "blue bastiladon" and came across this pretty quickly, I'd recommend doing that for some inspiration maybe. Heres a picture of mine as well, you'll do the same thing just in blues instead of brown and yellow. But basically you probably want to grab a dark purple, a mid blue, a light blue and a white. Paint each "panel" of the crystal individually blending from the purple to dark blue to light blue, then edge highlight with a mix of light blue and white, then add white dots at each corner.

5. Lizards of Renown
    Slann

Lizards of Renown Herald of Creation

Looks like a good start!

Warden and Tyranitar like this.