1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. Razordons

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by Morglum, Aug 28, 2020.

1. Morglum
    Chameleon Skink

Morglum Well-Known Member

Do razordons need to hit using their BS when they have rolled the arty dice so they know the number of shots? Since it is considered like a grapeshot and grapeshots need to hit with the crew bs right?

Lizards of Renown likes this.
  2. Lizards of Renown
    Slann

Lizards of Renown Herald of Creation

Yep (wince) at BS 3, (winces again) and usually at long range (winces harder)...

Is the reason I usually take Salamanders.

NIGHTBRINGER and Imrahil like this.
  3. Morglum
    Chameleon Skink

do they also get the armor piercing special rule from the grapeshot explained in the rulebook?

4. Lizards of Renown
    Slann

I don't have the rulebook here, but I'm pretty certain that it gives the profile in the army entry. Something like "is fired like a cannon firing graphshot, but with the following stats" and then gives the stats for it. I'm pretty sure it's just strength 4. Much like the Salamander is a flame thrower, but not S5 instead S4...

NIGHTBRINGER likes this.
  5. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

Agreed. They still have to roll to hit as normal using their BS of 3.

Correct. "Shoot Barbs is fired using the same rules as a cannon firing grapeshot, but with the profile and differences given below" (page 47)

The rules below outline the ability to fire after moving, how to handle a misfire, range of 18", S4 and Quick to Fire. There is no mention of armour piercing, so unfortunately they do not posses that special rule.

Lizards of Renown likes this.
  6. Morglum
    Chameleon Skink

Okay loud and clear on those rules.

Got a follow up question not concerning lizzies. In the 8.1 pdf under grapeshot, it says use the grapeshot's profile. But the pdf doesn't give you a profile. Do you use the cannon profile? Meaning str 10 and also it's range. Or what is the range and str of a grapeshot. Keep in mind that i'm using the pdf. Not the rulebook.

7. Lizards of Renown
    Slann

Grapeshot has a range of 12", strength 5, Armour piercing, number of shots per artillery dice and roll to hit with each. On a misfire roll, roll on black powder misfire table.