1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Returning to the hobby

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Normal_Juggernaut, Sep 10, 2020.

1. Normal_Juggernaut
    Jungle Swarm

Normal_Juggernaut New Member

I'm a long time Lizardmen collector, player (even taken my army to battle in the hallowed halls of Warhammer World) and occasional painter who has been a big Lizardmen fan since choosing them over Bretonnia in '96 when I got the 5th Edition starter box.

I fell out of the hobby about 8 years ago and my army went into storage in my folk's garage, but I've now retrieved them (see picture attached) and plan to finish off the painting and maybe even try to find a local hobby club that still runs WHFB matches.

I am tempted to try my hand at AoS but, by the looks of it, it just doesn't compare to the thrill of the massed ranks of infantry that you got in WHFB.

Attached Files:

2. Imrahil
    Slann

Imrahil Thirtheenth Spawning

Welcome along!

Good to hear you have a re-found love for your Lizardmen. Here on Lustria Online we have got help or support for the hobby in it's widest range.
    So, if need be, ask around for any help what so ever and there will be someone to help you out.

Good luck painting and have fun playing.

Grrr, Imrahil

PS: there is a good WHFB-base over here as well ;)

Normal_Juggernaut likes this.
  3. Lizards of Renown
    Slann

Lizards of Renown Herald of Creation

Welcome to Jurassic Park!!!

Looking forwards to seeing your paint jobs on the Painting & Modelling threads! If you're trying to find a club or group that plays 8th edition, try looking at the EEFL forum.

But please feel free to add anything to the WHFB section of this forum! I do my best to keep the threads there alive with searching for questions I can comment on, rules questions, army lists, etc. Would welcome any contribution!

I see you are a cultured man of refined taste ;)

@NIGHTBRINGER looks like we have a true believer here!

4. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

That's what I like to hear!!

Welcome to the forum @Normal_Juggernaut . We've got some Warhammer Fantasy discussions going on, by all means, come join in on the fun!

5. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

Welcome to Lustria! may the Old Ones bless your stay!

6. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

The Prodigal Lizard returns! I too returned to the hobby after a long hiatus but not as long as you!

[​IMG]