1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tutorial Sculpting tutorial - SCALE ARMOUR

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by Itepixcauh, Oct 12, 2018.

1. Itepixcauh
    Carnasaur

Itepixcauh Stranded Ghekkotah Staff Member

Hope you like this quick video!

Bracnos, Crowsfoot, Warden and 2 others like this.
  2. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

I do!

Itepixcauh likes this.
  3. Itepixcauh
    Carnasaur

Any suggestions for future Tips&Tricks?

4. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Nope.
    To be honest I am fascinated by sculpting but I have only done very basic stuff (which looked bad) so I have not tried anything like that yet.

Itepixcauh likes this.
  5. Cageyblood
    Temple Guard

Cageyblood Well-Known Member

Speaking as someone who has basically never used green stuff, very educational. With the ambient music and no voiceover, they are also very relaxing as well. :)

Itepixcauh likes this.
  6. Itepixcauh
    Carnasaur

Thanks! I was very surprised when I asked people if they wanted a voiceover or any change to make the videos better and the response was basically "don't change them"

So glad I seemed to have nailed the format. Thank you for your feedback, as with Aginor, is there something in particular you want to see being made?

Cageyblood likes this.
  7. Cageyblood
    Temple Guard

Cageyblood Well-Known Member

Something that would probably be more applicable to beginning scuptors like myself would be videos about how to improve existing models rather than making their own models from scratch. While sculpting something entirely new is more impressive, it’s not something I’m going to be doing anytime soon you know? Keeping the scope of some videos on a smaller scale might make them feel more achievable. But perhaps that isn’t the way you wish to go with your videos, which is a totally valid decision. If that is the case then feel free to disregard this suggestion. You know better than I do what sort of videos you wish to make and which audience you want to speak to.

I’ll link to a few examples of the type of improvements I’m talking about, but I’m trying to get across the more general point of videos on improving existing models rather only doing tutorials on these improvements specifically.

Stegadon style helmet on a slaan model, found over in the gallery section (thanks @Warden for finding this cool pic)
    http://www.lustria-online.com/attachments/hardcover_slann-helmet-1-png.19770/

@Deed525 did an awesome punch up of thier carnosaur that can be found over in thier blog and made lots of cool adornment for their bases as well.

One conversion everybody does around here is turn one of the saurus warriors into a sunblood / oldblood / astrolith but these conversions often lack the jewlry / belts / adornment that the resin models from g.w. have. I would definitely love a video about turning a basic infantry model into a proper hero unit!

Just a couple ideas, use as many or as few as you’d like :)

8. Itepixcauh
    Carnasaur

Thanks! Will give it a thought!

Crowsfoot and Warden like this.
  9. Warden
    Slann

Warden Tenth Spawning

Nice tutorial! :artist:

Crowsfoot and Itepixcauh like this.