1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Season of war campaign - the opponents!

Discussion in 'Seraphon Tactics' started by Killer Angel, Jul 2, 2016.

1. dwarfepic
    Chameleon Skink

dwarfepic Active Member

A very Brutal build I saw in action the other day was 15 stormfiends (five squads of three) and thanquol and boneripper. fits perfectly in 2k points and is brutaly effective. it is mobile with the warp grinder, has high rend, and can deal mortal wounds. on top of that killing even three of them is ridiculously difficult. very nasty build.

Bowser likes this.
  2. Moc-Tzen
    Saurus

Moc-Tzen Active Member

Sounds very interesting, I may try it out but I think I will take out the skinks and add 3 salamanders with handlers for the same point cost.

Played two more games, this time they where missions and I found them to be at a huge disadvantage on some. I also forgot to add relics and such which was another downside.

What do you think about the scenariors?

Bowser likes this.
  3. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

I like them, they're interesting, they make you think different.

"sadly" they're broken... in our favor. :p
    Many objectives give points if you control them with more models than your opponent. 2 units of 2 chama skinks are just 240 pts, and those alone can give you the victory.
    Every units that can pop up wherever they wants have a solid advantage... so I expect to see soon a different approach in all armies, with dwarfs playing miners, and so on.
    But many units have the downside that must appear at a certain distance from enemy models, while chama don't have this issue.

Bowser and Wazz like this.
  4. Wazz
    Troglodon

Wazz Well-Known Member

My Chams went on a head hunting spree last game. The Skaven fella we played against picked the command trait that all chaos units within 10" get +1 to hit against order. So being spiteful, I swapped out the 30 skinks for 10 chams gave them mystic shield then had them appear in the terrain 10" away from his general and killed it turn one shooting phase. Then went for the other Skaven fellas vermin lord after. It was pretty satisfying.

Bowser, Moc-Tzen and Killer Angel like this.
  5. Moc-Tzen
    Saurus

Moc-Tzen Active Member

Oh my god... I want to try this.

Unfortunately i always play against this chaos guy with loads of units, loads of heroes and some really havy hitters with loads of wounds.
    Would Carno be the only serious answer?

I was thinking on having Carno have Blinding light and Starlight combo so that everyone that tries to hit it gets a -2 on their rolls.

Definitely going to try the chameleon skinks, time to play dirty that is.

Bowser and Wazz like this.
  6. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

Against chaos? Bastiladon will teach them fear ! :p

Moc-Tzen and Wazz like this.
  7. Wazz
    Troglodon

Wazz Well-Known Member

Yeah bastilly is worth every 1 of his 300 pts lol. The chams are too but I just wanted to teach that guy a lesson hes a bit of a sore loser and was kinda gloating before about how his guys would wreck ours lol.

Moc-Tzen likes this.
  8. Wazz
    Troglodon

Wazz Well-Known Member

Make them really hate you and say your Bastilladon is your general and give him the potion that heals one wound in your hero phase. Have him hang in cover for a 2 up save and then give it starlight.

Actually ignore that I forgot its not a hero. Buuuuuttt you could always house rule it.

9. Moc-Tzen
    Saurus

Moc-Tzen Active Member

Bastilladon and Carno with Scar Vet sounds nice for a 1k point battle? I havent built my Bastillodon yet mostly because I dont know how to paint it yet haha.

Alright here is a new list:
    Carnosaur on scar Veteran.
    Skink Starpriest
    x20 Saurus Warriors
    x20 saurus warriors
    x5 Chameleon Skinks
    x5 Chameleon skinks?

I could swap the chameleons for salamanders but I feel like they could really just outright assasinate a hero that could be most annoying.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2016
    Wazz likes this.
  10. Wazz
    Troglodon

Wazz Well-Known Member

That was my exact list haha. It works pretty good. You use the chams as assassins/distractions. We had a huge game going (like 6vs6) so it was total chaos but fun. I used mostly the same against my gfs flesh eater courts and it did good, the range really messes with them! Good luck! Let us know how it goes!