1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Seasonss greetingss

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Izla, Dec 31, 2021.

1. Izla
    Skink

Izla Active Member

Merry Christmas and happy new year, Lustrians!

After lurking for several months I thought it was about time to write something on here! I played a lot of 6th and 7th edition Lizardmen then let it go with the advent of 8th edition and general life taking priority. With a sudden nostalgic desire in the last year, I managed to dig out my old boot bag full of kitchen roll and Lizardmen in various states of disarray from the mountain of stuff in my parents' attic.

I was always much more interested in playing than painting but given COVID that has changed and I am slowly but surely working my way through all my old models, especially our favourite, slightly goofy cavalry models we all know and love.

I never had the money for the big dinos when younger but the SC Seraphon box, Celestial Stampede, Magmadroth, and Maw-Krusha have certainly filled that scaly hole. I also much prefer painting the bigger models.

I feel like I'm learning a lot through trial and error in the hobby side of things, including wondering why the ink washes always make the models look glossy until I realised my folly of not shaking it properly! Using green stuff for the first time and magnetising everything I can has been thoroughly entertaining.

Awaiting in the pipeline so far:
    - Paint all old models (skinks, saurus, saurus cavalry, salamanders)
    - Convert Gor-rok
    - Convert and magnetise Tetto'eko and toad from terradon kit for mini-slann
    - Swimming Troglodon from the great SC Seraphon thread
    - Build and magnetise Terradons and Chief on terradon
    - Build and paint Temple Guard
    - Convert Astreia Solbright's dracoline into "fel-lizard" (patent pending) Saurus mount/monstrous cavalry
    - Make rules for said fel-lizards (maybe even a special character?!)
    - Build up confidence to paint Oldblood on Carnosaur
    - Build and convert Maw-Krusha with Blood Bowl saurus into Great Wyrm riding Oldblood
    - Decide what to do with Magmadroth
    - Base all above
    - Improve current storage solution with cardboard, magnetic sheets, and base magnets
    - Buy more lizards

So... just a few things to do. Any tips much appreciated!

2. Imrahil
    Slann

Imrahil Thirtheenth Spawning

Welcome along!

Great to see you were driven back to the hobby. It looks like you have a fair amount of models already and a lot of work to do ;)
    Have a good hobby time, over here as well.
    Be sure to start a painting blog, I'd love to see your work :)
    If you have questions just ask, there might always be someone to help you along.

Grrr, Imrahil

Izla likes this.
  3. Lizards of Renown
    Slann

Lizards of Renown Herald of Creation

Welcome back to Jurassic Park!

Make sure you take a good look around the forum and feel free to ask in any place for help. We have a great hobby community going here.

Enjoy!

Izla likes this.
  4. Izla
    Skink

Izla Active Member

Thanks guys! I'll try to get a painting blog set up at some point! I do find myself getting distracted from painting looking at everyone else's amazing work on here. Glad to be part of the community!

Noxolotl and Lizards of Renown like this.
  5. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Welcome to Lustria!

Izla likes this.
  6. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

Welcome back to the hobby. Enjoy your stay!

Izla likes this.