1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Sell me AoS and Seraphon

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Rettile, Jul 10, 2020.

1. Rettile
    Ripperdactil

Rettile Active Member

Old player here: I've found my lizardmen models and I miss playing, but no One near me will play oldhammer.
    Can you give me a reason to learn to play AoS or to love our army?
    Also, are Seraphon any good in competitive games?

IggyStarhost and Captaniser like this.
  2. Dread Saurian
    Stegadon

Dread Saurian Well-Known Member

serious? This guy is serious?
    Dude we are AZTEC DINOSAURS RIDING BIGGER DINOSAURS. Wtf do you mean sell you this faction?
    Do you like big stompy lads crushing chomping hacking and slashing their way through feeble weak vastly more loved factions by gw. In fact here
    https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Age_of_Sigmar/Tactics/Order/Seraphon they started with the pros and cons.

Apologies been having bad morning no hostility from me in reality I realize how aggressive my post is.

IggyStarhost, Captaniser and Putzfrau like this.
  3. Krissey
    Cold One

Krissey Active Member

Age of Sigmar is easy to learn hard to master, by definition.

The rulebook is only 12 pages. That's it. There's 5 phases. However just because you know the rules doesn't mean you really know how to play. There's a LOT of room for mastery with your army, especially the movement parts of the game such as movement, charging, piling in and so forth.

Playing for objectives is hard but rewarding. There's a ton of hidden depth that can take ages to truly learn. So it's quick to pick up, but hard to get very good at. However that's at the most competitive level, there's a lot of other ways to play.

Seraphon are great because they're absurdly versatile. They can do melee well, shoot well, and do magic well, just maybe not all at the same time haha.

IggyStarhost and Putzfrau like this.
  4. Putzfrau
    Skar-Veteran

Putzfrau Well-Known Member

If you're coming from oldhammer the first thing you need to know is that Age of Sigmar is a drastically different game. Objective based rather than kill based, and "looser" movement means certain critical aspects of oldhammer (wheeling, flank charges, etc) simply don't exist.

However, i've come to enjoy it infinitely more than i ever enjoyed WHFB (and i enjoyed that a lot). AoS moves faster, is more balanced, and seems more variability in effective strategies. As @Krissey said, there's a ton of hidden depth to the game that make sit quite enjoyable competitively.

Seraphon are very competitive at the moment, and our competitive lists function a lot like they did in WHFB. Your strongest assets are movement, shooting, and magic, and you need to make use of all of them to win against harder lists.

However, don't fall into the all-to-common trap of thinking thats the only path forward. At a slightly less competitive level everything from melee-based saurus lists to stegadon-based monster lists can be effective.

Also, rebasing your models sucks but its very much worth it. Things look so much better on circles. Take that from someone who rebased 100 saurus and over 100 skinks (plus all the heroes, etc). Its a pain, but the end result was very nice.

I will say, if you do end up jumping into age of sigmar, there's nothing saying you have to play seraphon. Explore the range and see if something calls to you. Its got a new aesthetic and that might change what you like or don't like in an army.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2020
    JbizzyG, IggyStarhost and Captaniser like this.
  5. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

he's an old WHFB lizardmen player. He doesn't need someone to tell how much marvelous lizardmen are. He needs to know if AoS is interesting and good for Seraphon. ;)

6. Dread Saurian
    Stegadon

Dread Saurian Well-Known Member

God damnit the slann is scolding me now I feel weird

Attached Files:

7. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

I was not scolding you... ir was clearly a misunderstanding. ;)

But yes, you are weird... in a marvelous way. You are the 3-DS general! :D

8. T€X
    Skink

T€X New Member

Space lizards that strike from the stars like Thor in infinity war slaughtering all in their way with magic that makes the very land around them quake. Commets call ftw.

IggyStarhost likes this.