1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Seraphon Themed Dice

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by MindQuad, Mar 9, 2020.

1. MindQuad
    Jungle Swarm

MindQuad New Member

Hey guys! I have been a constant lurker for many years, but this is my first post in quite a long while!

I, like many others I have talked to at my FLGS, are very excited about the new Seraphon battletome! But we were quite disappointed to learn that the new book was not accompanied by Seraphon-themed dice. So, I desperately wan to rectify that terrible oversight (I am sure GW just forgot).

I remember back on the old Lustria forum, some of the members got together and designed a bunch of different Seraphon dice for everyone. The dice were all different colors and had different Lizardmen symbols on them. I think they even had RP style dice too, like D20s, D4s, D10s, D12s, ect.. Unfortunately, I missed out on that opportunity and I think about it quite often. I have always wanted Seraphon-themed dice, but the closest I could get was some white dice with dinosaurs painted on them.

So, I was wondering if anyone would be willing to help me go about getting some Seraphon-themed dice made? If not, can anyone recommend some Seraphon-esque dice that I can purchase? does anybody know if creating your own dice is still a viable thing to do? Would anyone be interested in some Seraphon-themed dice too? Is there anyone still on the forum today that remembers what I am talking about?

As far as what the dice should look like, I have a very particular color scheme in mind. I have always thought these Chissex blue/green translucent dice with the metallic gold blips looked the most "Seraphon". I was thinking we could do basically the same thing, except make the 6 or the 1 side a copyright friendly Seraphon logo. Also, like last time, I am sure many different colors and styles of dice can be made. If it is at all financially feasible, I would like to make a set of RP dice too.

2. Carnikang
    Carnasaur

Carnikang Well-Known Member

You can definitely still get dice made, and it's very viable. The big hurdle is getting it all sorted out.

Chessex does large orders of custom dice, so generally communicating with them is the way to go about it. I've never personally ordered from them, but I am honestly thinking about it as we didn't get a set from GW.

Lizerd, LizardWizard and MindQuad like this.
  3. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

if Chessex only does large orders, we could almost do a post on here to see how much interest, then contact them to see the price we would be charged... and just do a "Lustria Online" custom order with like an interlocked L through the O symbol for the 6. I say this because ordering in bulk would be cheaper, and we could set up a thread here for people to place orders, and whomever wanted to take charge and was willing to act as a distributor could link their paypal ( so that everyone is protected, no offense to any one intended). obviously everyone would be adults about it and pay the cost of the dice and the shipping, AND the paypal fee, (just add 5$ to your total order) as a thank you to the person that agreed to be the point of contact for a project like this, since their hands would be full enough as is.

just food for thought.

4. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

That is how it was done in the old days.

5. Acehilator
    Ripperdactil

Acehilator Well-Known Member

The only thing I am getting are ten more 12mm dice to bring the number up to 40, already had 30 from playing Nids in 40k.

With the way the army functions now, themed dice get overridden by practical concerns. Previously it was only Rippers on the alpha strike or a full unit of Razordons with a good roll, now it's needed all the time lol. Dice tray highly recommended.

To badly butcher RotM *WITH TWO HANDFUL OF DICE*

Lizerd, Carnikang and LizardWizard like this.
  6. ninjakeso
    Saurus

ninjakeso Member

Hi guys!
    I've been away from WH (and Lustria Online) for 10+ years, and I've just recently taken up the hobby again! I've played a couple of games during the last year and I'm delighted that the lizards are finally getting some love with the new battletome!
    But instead of writing a relevant post discussing the new rules, pros and cons, and stuff like that, my first post back from the grave is about dice.

My fellow wargamers picked on me for "No custom dice?! Worst army eveeeer!". So I wanted to make them eat their own words and 2+ hours on google got me these bad little boys!
    [​IMG]
    It was hard to find, but ordered myself an overpriced 20x of these (awful) dice, so who's talking now!

Ever wanted to scream: I only need 2 Parasaurolophus and 1 Brontosaurus to kill that pesky Verminlord! YEEES! 2 BRONTO-MORTAL D3 WOUNDS, TAKE THAT!!!
    So join the resistance and order yourself some nicely overpriced, non-GW, dino-thematic, hard to read (children's) dice!
    They're made by Kaplow games and I found them on https://www.magistermilitum.com/dinosaur-d6-dice.html
    I've got no idea about their stock, but my order of 20 dice went through. If anyone's interested I can update you with info if I ever get my dice or if they scammed me.

Sorry for the language, but a couple of beers was the trigger on the order.
    (as a note, I did not throw all my money away, got a pre-order for the new battletome and the realmshaper, which I'm awaiting with great anticipation)

It's good to be back!

Last edited: Mar 10, 2020
  7. Kilvakar
    Carnasaur

Kilvakar Well-Known Member

I'd be interested in some Seraphon/Lustria Online dice for sure!

Lizerd likes this.
  8. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

If you have the presence of mind to apologize for the language, you can edit your own post into a euphemism. Please do not make me edit your post again.

We have the localized fake swear word mahrlect for a reason. It's also acceptable to ---- out part of the word. It's f------g easy to do.

I admire your enthusiasm though.

We have done mass custom dice orders in the past here, but we haven't done that in a while.

Teheloqtec, Lizerd and Carnikang like this.
  9. ninjakeso
    Saurus

ninjakeso Member

Hi, thanks for the correction. I apologize for my misconduct and neglegence to read the rules of conduct. Won't happen again!

Teheloqtec, Lizerd, Scalenex and 2 others like this.
  10. Slikus Vaw
    Cold One

Slikus Vaw Active Member

I would be interested in some dice as well

Lizerd likes this.
  11. Flo
    Kroxigor

Flo Well-Known Member

I am interested as well!

Cuetzpal Pilli and Lizerd like this.
  12. Lizerd
    Skink Priest

Lizerd Well-Known Member

So long as they have carnosaurs on them, I’m sold!

Cuetzpal Pilli, Imrahil and Kilvakar like this.
  13. Guzzer
    Saurus

Guzzer Active Member

Totally would buy these but not a £1.00 each!
    Usually not a fan of the GW dice - but was a bit disappointing that we didn't get an offer.

Previous GW sets are:

* Expensive
    * Hard to Read
    * Only get a bunch and need to buy multiple packs (see point 1)
    * I much prefer the small profile D6 since I will be rolling stacks of them.

In the end I purchased some Red/Green Gemini set from Chessex - which I think seem Dino enough.

Cuetzpal Pilli and Lizerd like this.
  14. Lord Skal'terakk
    Chameleon Skink

Lord Skal'terakk Well-Known Member

What is this Chessex and how do we summon it?

Carnikang and Lizerd like this.
  15. VVolfsong
    Saurus

VVolfsong Active Member

Chessex is a company that produces dice, and as a company they are most likely summoned with money points.

According to their website the rates for custom dice are as follows:

10-25 dice: $1.00 per side
    26-99 dice: $0.75 per side
    100-199 dice: $0.60 per side
    200-499 dice: $0.50 per side
    500 + dice: $0.42 per side
    Inquire for projects larger than 500

16. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

the idea i have in mind would be 2 custom sides, an interlocked L and O for "Lustria Online" as the 6 and the classic sideways saurus head for the 1.

Imrahil, Cuetzpal Pilli and Lizerd like this.
  17. ReAnimate Studios
    Jungle Swarm

ReAnimate Studios New Member

I would definitely be up for a set of these. I've a new profile as last time I was on this forum we were still required to use square bases lol

Womboski and Lizerd like this.
  18. Just A Skink
    Skink Chief

Just A Skink Well-Known Member

19. rychek
    Troglodon

rychek Active Member

I was here for one of the past orders. The dice are nice and I use them when I play Serphon (which is not often since my son has all but stolen them from me). Here is a pic of what we did at that time (art on the 6 face was designed by our own SpawningOfBob). The artillery dice aren't useful anymore, but they do look nice!

IMG_3105.JPG

Aginor, Imrahil, ninjakeso and 3 others like this.
  20. Satoabe
    Skink

Satoabe Member