1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Seraphon WARCRY: the thread

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Killer Angel, Feb 15, 2020.

1. Cuetzpal Pilli
    Temple Guard

Cuetzpal Pilli Well-Known Member

@Moulinglacia thanks for the quick comparison write-up! Glad to hear we're not straight bottom tier and have some good versatility (least that's how I interpreted it lol)

Well, at least these cards will hold some of us over until the BT drops. I may have gone overboard and ordered 5 of the upcoming WC card packs (eBay vendor had a 10% off + free shipping deal going).

This would definitely be a good place to try out some different/more specific paint schemes with the more individual/small mini count nature of the game too! Anyways, I'm definitely looking forward to everyone's feedback after playing some matches.

LizardWizard, Wazz and Sebbs like this.
  2. Vangrail
    Skink

Vangrail New Member

Def 2 on the skinks is rough but i think the 2 shots at 12" is worth it.
    Saurus with clubs arnt useless sure u have to be 1" but the 3 attacks isnt bad especially with our abilities.

3. Moulinglacia
    Saurus

Moulinglacia Well-Known Member

Thanks it feels nice that it was helpful. Something that i feel is important to mention tho is alot will depend on how usefull our abilities are

My gut reaction is that tearing bite, nimble retreat and cold blooded commander have The potential to be good. The rest im unsure about

I will update how i feel about them after i play some games this sunday. I could be completly wrong about my assesment.

4. Acehilator
    Ripperdactil

Acehilator Well-Known Member

T2 makes you lose against other chaff/medium units badly. If you really want to use the dirt cheap Skinks, use the regular ones with clubs.

And Saurus with clubs are useless. 2" range weaponry is almost OP. The amount of shenanigans you can pull off with that is staggering (I have been playing Gitz with Boingrot Bounders since Warcry came out).

LizardWizard and Wazz like this.
  5. Moulinglacia
    Saurus

I dont really know if i agree to that. I feel having 12 range with the blowpipes is good enough to offset having tougness 2. Most characters cant move into melee with them even with double move so i think you can get some worth out of staying out of melee range and just shoot your opponent and do chip damage. some of those hits will be crits and 4 damage is nothing to sneeze at

I feel its better then just sending them in to die anyway

Tho i havent played alot of faction that rely on chaff so i could be very wrong

LizardWizard, Sebbs and CrownRoyal like this.
  6. Dracopest
    Jungle Swarm

Dracopest New Member

Assuming that your opponent/tournament will let you use the Saurus Knight leader as a leader then I would want to take
    1 x Saurus Knight Leader
    7 x Saurus Knights

Which comes out to 170 wounds split between 8 models. Which is honestly a lot. Like that’s one of the highest I’ve heard of. The issue is that as mounts they can’t climb which means objective based games are likely to be rough. You’ll probably end in a draw and then it’ll end when you either murder the opposing side or they manage to take just one more objective than you. On the flip side any scenario that requires you to get models off the opposite board edge will probably be pretty easy to do well in given your speed, wounds, and model count. Playing keep away with the relic scenarios are also good for you. Controlling quarters is another good scenario to get pulled as 40-50 wounds per quarter is pretty good.

But in general I feel like our faction has been way overpriced for what it brings to the table. Like I think the warriors should have been strength 4, guard should have been 15 points cheaper, the ripperdactyls and terradons (outside of the leaders) should have had 20 wounds, the skinks should have been 5 points cheaper, and I think ”tearing bite” should either have been applicable to both of the fighter’s attack actions or been a double instead of a triple. But that’s just me venting cuz I was really hoping for my scaly birds to be really good. So feel free to ignore my tirade. :p

7. PabloTho
    Razordon

PabloTho Well-Known Member

Yikes, these stats for Saurus make me fear for how they will turn out in our new tome.

I realise Warcry has it's own internal balance but who the hell is writing these rules? There needs to be at least some semblance to the lore or look of the models.

I knew something was up ever since seeing that my elite, warrior-caste Aelves mounted on sea serpents were somehow inferior in most respects to a grot on a living balloon.

LizardWizard and Wazz like this.
  8. Sebbs
    Cold One

Sebbs Active Member

If they have different rules teams doing AoS and Warcry, then when they made the rules for Seraphon in Warcry they may have glanced at the current AoS-stats for reference. It's been established on several occasions that the different teams within GW HQ don't "talk" with each other. Not saying this is always the case, but lets hope that the characteristics for Warcry have nothing to do with our new battletome in AoS.

9. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

Erta Wanderer Well-Known Member

well hears hoping because our warcry stuff is just sad

10. Sebbs
    Cold One

Sebbs Active Member

Yeah there will be lots of praying to the dice gods for 5's and 6's for damage. :rolleyes: At least there's a good variety of units and some really fast ones.

11. CrownRoyal
    Skink

CrownRoyal Member

Seems like that's usually the case in Warcry. Fisin' to Crit'em

LizardWizard and Sebbs like this.
  12. Moulinglacia
    Saurus

Ye i really hope this isnt foreshadowing for our aos book

The day i realized i painted 60 saurus warriors for nothing and that i needed to switch to skinks was soo sad

13. Wazz
    Troglodon

Wazz Well-Known Member

I feel that pain with Ironjawz they made the weapon loads that were less popular better, and now all my painted stuff needs to have surgery on all their hands! Not as bad as having to drop 60 but man I was bummed.

LizardWizard, Sebbs and Erta Wanderer like this.
  14. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

Erta Wanderer Well-Known Member

well at verry least you only have 1 bad unit in the army now instead of all but 1

LizardWizard, Wazz and Sebbs like this.
  15. Moulinglacia
    Saurus

I still have 20 saurus that i havent painted and 10 thats still on the sprue because i havent felt like Painting them since

LizardWizard likes this.
  16. Wazz
    Troglodon

Wazz Well-Known Member

I hear that! The only reason my Ironjawz are painted (not all mind you) is bc I can use leadbelcher spray and be close to done with them lol.

So I did a test game with Seraphon vs Beasts of Chaos this am. Beasts won mostly bc of the mission. (Start of turn 2 you pick a fighter and they hold a treasure, if you're holding it end of turn 3 you win)
    What I noticed is Tearing Bite is bananas! Used it on a ripper with a 4 for the value and almost one shot a Dragon Ogre. I got a great roll but, I'm pretty sure that's what we are balanced around lol. I feel like we are a 2v1 kinda army bc of the 2" range everywhere you can shimmy into range and force your opponent to move to one fighter while the other is still within 2" and get free stabs, or they go way out of the way and into range of another fighter to move in and attack.

LizardWizard likes this.
  17. Moulinglacia
    Saurus

Nice to hear that tearing bite is good sadly you cant use it with rippers. Only saurus can use it

18. Wazz
    Troglodon

Wazz Well-Known Member

Yup that's what I get for looking thru pics and not waiting for the cards lol. It's good on the Saurus though! I pretty much made a triple every turn to use it lol

LizardWizard, Sebbs and Moulinglacia like this.
  19. Moulinglacia
    Saurus

Welp my saurus guard box hasnt arrived yet so i guess i will have to kitbash one for the weekend

20. Wazz
    Troglodon

Wazz Well-Known Member

I don't think anyone will say anything about proxys. The guard are not too different from the warriors. Maybe do clubs for Saurus and spears for Guard? Just remind your opponents that your Suarus have spears not clubs lol