1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Should this be my first army list?

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by Octal of Sotek, Oct 25, 2020.

1. Octal of Sotek
    Jungle Swarm

Octal of Sotek New Member

I have collected some seraphon minatures over the years, but have never taken the time to put together an army list. This is how my list is currently looking, but any feedback, tips or strategies are welcome, this is my first time having any form of army in aos so I have little knowledge on whats going on.
    (not looking for competetive but rather having a good time, maybe?)

Dracothion's Tail

Kroak (general, celestial apotheosis spell) 320
    Oldblood on carno (godbeast pendant) 230
    Sunblood 130
    Starpriest 120
    Terradon Chief 70

Terradon riders (6) 180
    Saurus warriors (20) 180
    Saurus warriors (20) 180
    Saurus warriors (10) 90
    Skinks (20) 120

Bastiladon 220

Sunclaw starhost 160

Total: 2000 p
    133 Wounds

LizardWizard likes this.
  2. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

well, obviously the first question is: what models do you have other than these ones?

And a second one could be: do you have some endless spells?

LizardWizard likes this.
  3. Octal of Sotek
    Jungle Swarm

To be honest, I don't have that many boxes, just one og sc!, box o skinks, 2 box o terradons and Kroak. I have just collected the kits that I wanted to paint at the time I bought them. I have no endless spells because I've never had an army before and feel that they are maybe above the "entry" level for a first army. The biggest reason to be putting together a list is so that I know what I should buy in the future, just slowly expanding my collection.

LizardWizard likes this.
  4. Killer Angel
    Slann

Then go with it, have fun and see what happens! :)

What i could suggest is: you will play aggressively with your sauri. I don't see the need to keep the skinks in a 20 strong unit: their shooting support is not going to have a real impact so i would rather keep them in 2 10-men units, to have a better battlefield control and have someone sitting / taking objectives while the rest of the army do the heavy lifting.

regarding terradons, equip them with sunleech bolas.
    Given that the main purpose of these guys will be the delivery of MWs (and hopefully do something more with shooting and possibly also CC), pick your target carefully, possibly avoiding shooting units unless you're sure to reach them before they shoot you down.

LizardWizard likes this.
  5. Octal of Sotek
    Jungle Swarm

Ok thanks! Have a great day!

LizardWizard and Killer Angel like this.
  6. Killer Angel
    Slann

Oh, another thing!

i would consider a skink priest.
    for 70 pts you'll have a good chance to increase the move of your terradons, letting them run and still shoot / charge, AND +1 on save rolls. Plus, the command ability will add +1 to hit rolls for attacks made by a unit. Target the Bastiladon and you will have the possibility to shoot twice with a +1, which is kinda nice.

The problem is: to pick the priest you could drop 10 skinks, but it's only 60 pts and you are at 2000 with no spared points. Maybe drop the 20 skinks and have the priest with 50 pts for an additional command point?
    IDK, ATM i would go with your actual plan, but it's an option you could try when you will shuffle the list.

LizardWizard likes this.
  7. Octal of Sotek
    Jungle Swarm

Yeah, maybe I can try it some time in the future.

LizardWizard likes this.