1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Snowaphon

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by Marusovsky, Jul 15, 2020.

1. Marusovsky
    Skink

Marusovsky Active Member

I have to thank you for the tips, they really helped bring the miniature together. Once I have more models done, they will start popping as unit. :D Rawr!

LizardWizard and Explodingzeb like this.
  2. NecridHydra
    Temple Guard

NecridHydra Well-Known Member

I'm loving your concept and your style.

Keep going.

LizardWizard and Marusovsky like this.
  3. Marusovsky
    Skink

Marusovsky Active Member

Thank you very much for the motivating words, even though I'm new to AoS and haven't even got the chance to play my first game, I very much like the setting and the dope thing about the Seraphon is how varied they can now become as coalesced and hence the idea sprung into mind about some snow-lizards. In any case I hope I do justice to the minis and can properly demonstrate my vision of the Seraphon.

Once I have a bunch more models done I intend to live-stream on Twitch of me painting the majority of my army, I will post link here in case anybody is at all curious to watch the mayhem unfold.

Rawr!

LizardWizard likes this.
  4. NecridHydra
    Temple Guard

NecridHydra Well-Known Member

Well, it's the truth, I like your style and idea.

I'd be curious about it. What's your set up? I want to record some videos for my Instagram with my phone, but when I finished, they were like 2Gb each for a couple of minutes.

5. Marusovsky
    Skink

Marusovsky Active Member

My set-up is as basic as it gets, but then again I don't see the need for investing much at all this moment. Unfortunately the thing that I bought is no longer available, but this item is pretty much the same: https://www.amazon.de/-/en/Smartpho...mera+video+mikrofon+kit&qid=1604698278&sr=8-6

The thing that I like about it is that I can very quickly and simply set-up my phone to begin live-streaming (as the Twitch app is as simple as it gets) and move it around very easily if I need to. When I streamed with it, the quality was quite alright and the mic is actually dope in my opinion. Plus for Twitch at least, they state that 30min of streaming uses about 250mb, so it's pretty fair. Here's the link to my Twitch (https://www.twitch.tv/bearslayer_miniatures) in case you're at all curious, you won't find anything because the last saved stream is over 14-days and has been removed, but I'm hoping to do a dedicated stream for just my saurus maybe next weekend.

Once I get better at painting + filming, I'll maybe get some dedicated cameras for the set-up, and have it all hooked up to a computer rather just stream from my phone. Ultimately have one camera be top-down, one to the right of me, and maybe even a third for my beautiful face. :p

LizardWizard likes this.
  6. Marusovsky
    Skink

Marusovsky Active Member

I'm finally finishing up my first full mini unit of Ĺ aurus Knights. I will finish up some final details soon such as feathers, base, etc, and then do close ups of certain parts of the unit. Really excited. Let me know if have any comments, critiques, questions, etc. Rawr!

Attached Files:

7. Marusovsky
    Skink

Marusovsky Active Member

Just finished 20/40 of my saurus warrior battleline. I learned a lot when painting so many models at once, it can definitely become a chore but Im learning to speed up various aspects when painting without affecting the quality too much. Comments and critiques most welcome.

Attached Files:

8. Marusovsky
    Skink

Marusovsky Active Member

Continuation.

Attached Files:

9. Imrahil
    Slann

Imrahil Thirtheenth Spawning

Nice work, always hard to progress on so many the same looking models.
    You did a great job here.
    I particulairy love the contrast between the white-grey Saurus and the green-blue shafts of the spears, makes them stand out and tie the Total unit together.

Keep up the good work!

Grrr, Imrahil

10. Marusovsky
    Skink

Marusovsky Active Member

Appreciate the kind words. Yeah it took me long while just to come up with a color scheme to begin with and then of course, life gets in the way and you see how your schedule gets derailed considerably. In any case I hope to get quite a bit more done over the holidays to make up for lost time, and with any luck even be close to ready for next year and be able to battle it out with someone, which again will be a first for me.

In any case, I'm happy thus far, but will only be TRULY happy once I have all of them done and ready to fulfill the Great Plan! :D

LizardWizard and Imrahil like this.
  11. PartridgeKing
    Skink

PartridgeKing Member

Those are looking great, and I second the previous comment about the front rank with their lowered spears! Another benefit from not needing to be ranked up against another spear block in melee!

12. Lizards of Renown
    Slann

Lizards of Renown Herald of Creation

I love the snow theme. Nice one.

13. Marusovsky
    Skink

Marusovsky Active Member

Behold! An update on progress thus far...

Attached Files:

Warden, LizardWizard, Nazqua and 4 others like this.
  14. Nazqua
    Carnasaur

Nazqua Well-Known Member

Looking good, Make sure to post some pictures when your completed.

15. Marusovsky
    Skink

Marusovsky Active Member

Will definitely do. It's the first time I'm doing an army, therefore I've learned the kind of slog painting a unit can be. But I hope to be done with them somewhere in late Feb or early March, as in the whole roughly 1500pt army. But I will also provide some backstory fluff for this story so as to justify their snowy existence.

LizardWizard, Nazqua and Imrahil like this.
  16. Marusovsky
    Skink

Marusovsky Active Member

Small update. Getting close to finishing the Saurus Knights and then finishing up the remaining 20 saurus warriors. Then it will some individual heroes (Lord Kroak, Old Blood with Carnosaur, Sunblood, Starpriest, Astrolith bearer, Scar-Veteran on ColdOne). Still plenty to go, but at least I will have the vast majority of individual models done. Light at the end of the tunnel, I'm starting to see it.

Attached Files:

Noxolotl, Warden, lemmy and 4 others like this.
  17. Lizards of Renown
    Slann

Lizards of Renown Herald of Creation

Nice work. I like the very light center part of the scales.

Gets me inspired to do some work on some of my crappily painted saurus...

Marusovsky and Imrahil like this.
  18. Marusovsky
    Skink

Marusovsky Active Member

I'm happy to be able to help with any of your current projects. Personally I look forward of taking some decent photos with a DSL camera, as my phones is potato quality when zooming in.

Warden, Imrahil and Lizards of Renown like this.
  19. Warden
    Slann

Warden Tenth Spawning

Fantastic work!

I think I like this unit of saurus the best. The different shield colors brings a lot of variety to the color scheme but still looks very unified as a unit thanks to their bodies' scale colors and the snowy bases. Well done! :vulcan:

Marusovsky likes this.
  20. Marusovsky
    Skink

Marusovsky Active Member

Wow such high praise. Thank you very much, and what you described is what I was going for. I will be slightly adjusting the saurus warriors, but it will be so minute that likely noone will notice in the pictures. But in any case, very happy that to see that people appreciate the different take on these sauri. :D

But just so that you and anyone else is aware or even interested, I will be filming some individual models and how I painted them and posting links to my youtube channel. Coincidentally, they will be the first videos I post on there. So that for those who are wondering who either wish to outright copy this look, or do the same steps but different colors, can do so.