1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blog Suds 2022 Paint & Kitbash Blog

Discussion in 'Personal Paint Logs' started by Sudsinabucket, Jan 3, 2022.

1. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

Sudsinabucket Well-Known Member

Full map as of now, still WIP. 20221207_142814.jpg

Imrahil likes this.
  2. JTSleep
    Stegadon

JTSleep Well-Known Member

Don't worry, tale your time off and motivation will come back. We'll wait and you know where to find us. :)

Sudsinabucket and Imrahil like this.
  3. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

Happy Holidays everyone! With Hanukkah already underway and Christmas almost upon us (and others I don't know about!) I hope everyone has a peaceful time to celebrate, reflect, and enjoy themselves and family.

Happy Holidays!

Also... I have done a little bit of hobbying before years end! Maybe its the Holidays and being on break, but here we are.

Working on my Apex from Conquest & a Warden for a new Vanari centered Lumineth (new Homebrew) project.

For the Apex i am focusing on a blinded eye and jade stone icons at the moment. The warden just getting base colors down! Decided on a frost inspired pike blade.

Thoughts always welcome :)
    20221220_112210.jpg 20221220_155358.jpg 20221215_211042.jpg 20221215_211102.jpg 20221215_211011.jpg

4. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

Appreciated this, thank you

Imrahil likes this.
  5. Imrahil
    Slann

Imrahil Thirtheenth Spawning

Great work overall!!
    Your recipe for Jade works every time :artist:

That warden looks great I love the cool tones

Grrr, !mrahil

Sudsinabucket likes this.
  6. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

Thank you man! Real happy/proud of that recipe, real simple too.

The warden is definitely cool I think. I have too many ideas in my head and am getting overwhelmed lol

Imrahil likes this.
  7. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

Speaking of the Jade Stone Recipe... here it is! I wanted to share how I do Jade Stone as I've had a few people say they really like it recently and in the past, I hope it helps someone! Im not its not the best, but it's pretty easy. This is the simpler recipe I have, rhe other includes more greens and more details done.

Simple Jade Stone Recipe by Sinaraipaints. Using all #citadelcolour paints:

1) Prime Chaos & using Warp Lightning Contrast cover the black primer, but still leaving some black visible.
    2) Using Warpstone Glow begin highlighting edges and some higher points if desired.
    3) Using Sybarite Green & Gauss Blaster Green delicately (if possible) paint veins, in random order/length/direction/etc until you feel you have enough/match a picture you're using.
    4) Using Coelia Greenshade cover all over the but leaving some heavier blotches behind (of desired) for darker spots.
    5) Rinse & Repeat (except the contrast as it will over power the other greens. If you choose to do more Warp Lightning green, do it in small LIGHT amounts and more targeted instead of all over) until desired jade color.

This recipe does give a darker jade and more..worn? Looking jade. Hope it helps!
    20221222_180748.jpg

ArtsyAlraune and JTSleep like this.
  8. Imrahil
    Slann

Imrahil Thirtheenth Spawning

I know this all to well, mostly on the terrain building front :confused:

Yes! Thanks, I might give this a go soon :)
    (I do not have Warp Lightning or Warpstone Green, but I might manage with Kabalite Green. I will tag you if I am ready to show my efforts ;) )

Grrr, !mrahil

Sudsinabucket likes this.