1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blog Suds 2022 Paint & Kitbash Blog

Discussion in 'Personal Paint Logs' started by Sudsinabucket, Jan 3, 2022.

1. Vedras
    Chameleon Skink

Vedras Well-Known Member

As someone who enjoys his beast/animal representation in a faction I wholeheartedly approve of artillery bears. Looking good!

2. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

Sudsinabucket Well-Known Member

Thank you man, I really appreciate it. These have been so much fun to think up/mock build and I am excited to actually finish the greenstuff work on those that need em and begin painting :)

Hope you are well!

Lizards of Renown likes this.
  3. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

I agree and I honestly thought of waiting for Kislev for their armored bears for this, but the mournfang without the tusks just looks so much like a short faced cave bear that its too good to pass up. Ill have to add a few more Lumineth bits obviously, but yeah, I'm stoked for more bears and we definitely need more! I wanted two Ballistas in my Lumineth army, so might have to do a second one sometime haha

Lizards of Renown and Bowser like this.
  4. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

Ha, thank you! I am the same, love my beasties/animals. Artillery Bears just... who wouldn't? Lol

Vedras, Lizards of Renown and Bowser like this.
  5. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

Wanted to share a small update on the Priestess/Shaman, making some good progress.

I made a Red-Brown mixture for the skin tone and then an Ochre for the longer hair parts. I didnt do fur on this model like the others for a few reasons - 1. To get fur into some of the spots would be a nightmare given how compact the model is, and doing greenstuff work on sub assemblies sounds like a true pain also. So I opted to keep it less fury and more Beastmen like and lorewise to possibly have the females less furry than the males? Haven't fully decided that yet. 2. I am planning to use all these Hathorian models as BoC also, so for Narrative games (solo in particular) would be nice to be able to tell them a part 3. See 1 again lol

I ultimately love how the model came out, but i do wonder about the fur and Lumineth torso, but here we are lol anyway

For the cloak i did a combo of Grey, Apothecary white, Skavenblight dinge, Eshin Grey, Nuln Oil and Aggrax Earthshade - going for a grey wolf pelt feel. The staff i decided on a white wood/bark and have so far done Pallid Wych Flesh base with Apothecary white over it, leaving the PWF a little runny so the Chaos Black primer shows through a little in spots, making a birch-ish feel.

For each of the Aelemental Tablets they carry I made each a different color corresponding with what Aelemental: Blue (with some green) for River/Water, Slate Blue/Brown for Mountain/Earth, Grey Blue/white for Wind/Air and Yellow/Orange for Light/Solar. The River tablet I kinda mucked up but is ok, the rest im pretty happy with, ill get a better picture of them later.

Began the face last night briefly, decided on a natural look, so matched Red-brown and making the horns a more white with black accents.

The crystals on the staff i am going to do in an Amber / Yellow look I think is the plan at this time, but early in!

For the cloth bits im doing a russ grey base and going from there

the Lumineth Torso is going to be painted in a Syar scheme to hint at the turbulent past during the Spirefall between the Hathorians (and my Lumineth) between a few City States in the Syar Region. Though, addmittedly, i have a spare Cathallar brazier i wish I had remembered about before priming, would have been awesome.

All in all, coming along well I think! Very happy with it so far

C&C welcome :)
    20220418_194902.jpg 20220418_194839.jpg 20220418_194920.jpg

Noxolotl, Imrahil, Vedras and 3 others like this.
  6. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

Also! A happy accident in regards to my Thunder Lizard! Yes the same one that's been a WIP for nearly 3 years o_O:p

I was looking at sprues and noticed that the Keeper of Secret sprue has a unique set up and kinda makes the base of a Howdah (at least to me). So i cut it out and it is now the base for my new Thunder Lizard howdah

No plans to work on her yet, or soon, but i did dust her off and began working up ideas in my head for her base
    20220419_123327.jpg 20220419_123335.jpg 20220419_123343.jpg 20220419_123351.jpg

7. Imrahil
    Slann

Imrahil Thirtheenth Spawning

Awesome creations! The artillery bear (arctillery bear if you make it a polar bear :p) is amazing great idea behind it. The only thing is that the quiver has to be carried along.

The priestess looks so good. Very cool cape as well. It is quite small than I thought at first sight, but for a female Hitorian that isn't a shame.

Have fun painting them

Grrr, Imrahil

Sudsinabucket, Noxolotl and Bowser like this.
  8. Imrahil
    Slann

Good progress;)

Grrr, Imrahil

Sudsinabucket, Noxolotl and Bowser like this.
  9. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

Thanks man!

Arctillery lol that made me laugh, good one lol we will definitely have to see! I was thinking more like Paleo Shoet Snout Bear / Cave Bear drawings though. Love the Pun lol. As for the quiver, I don't really mind it tbh. On the original Lumineth model it would have had to be carried anyway, given the design Im pretty sure both quiver & ballista would have to be carried. If you look at the feet of both my guess is tue legs kinda fall vertically for easy transportation, or how i view em anyway. Ppl have suggested adding to the bear also, and, meh - feel like that'd be a lot of added weight.

I really love how the priestess came out for sure, the cloak im especially happy with. I semi regret the Lumineth torso simply because I found the original bit I wanted to use, but oh well... will have to make a second sometime :p

10. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

Helaku & Heba, first of the Hathorians

Better pictures coming soon, need to finsh her eyes but wanted to share:) 20220422_125357.jpg

11. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

Working on some last details - eyes, last highlights, and last touch ups. Really excited to share the finished Model with y'all! 20220423_155538.jpg

12. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

I am very excited to share this finished project, my Hathorian High Priestess (Homebrew Faction)! This was such a fun model to convert & pain and add to the roster of the Faction I have been building for a year now. This is the first true caster for the faction and I'm pretty pumped to get to working on the warscroll!

The bits I used for this project come from multiple kits which include the BoC shaman as the base, Cygor crystals, bits from Teclis, a greenstuff sculpted fur cloak, among others.

The Hathorians are allies to my Lumineth, in particular the Alarith Temples, though they have a bloody past with the Lumineth as well. This is where the torso of the Lumineth Warden comes in, as it is a nod to the bloody history between Syar and the Hathorians during the Spirefall. This is also because the model servers as a Hyshian Beasts of Chaos Shaman.

I'm also excited to share a group shot of all the conversions ive finished for the project so far in the end pictures. All the models made for this project also double (or triple) as other models in other factions. Some of the models include: Avalenor, Spirit of the Mountain, Ghorgon, Cygor, Shaman, Light of Eltharion, Doombull, etc!

Next phase of Hathorians after this: The smaller and more agile part of the population that has yet to he revealed / explored, but they are the ones that come from the brush in ambushes with wild beasts from the mountains and highlands of Hysh. They are also the ones who engineer and control what artillery the Hathorians may have, that's right, the females of the Hathorians!

C&C always welcome 20220424_113024.jpg 20220424_111816.jpg 20220424_111848.jpg 20220424_111924.jpg 20220424_112042.jpg 20220424_112142.jpg 20220424_113024.jpg 20220424_112344.jpg 20220424_112434.jpg 20220424_112252.jpg

13. Imrahil
    Slann

Awesome work on the Priestess. I love the difference in seize between male and female.

also This picture is mu absolute favourite! The amount of goodness on this one is breathtaking :kiss::woot:

Grrr, Imrahil

Sudsinabucket, Bowser and Noxolotl like this.
  14. Lizards of Renown
    Slann

Lizards of Renown Herald of Creation

Absolutely brilliant Suds. Awesome work.

Sudsinabucket, Bowser and Imrahil like this.
  15. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

Thank ya! I am very proud of all of them, such a fun project!

Lizards of Renown and Bowser like this.
  16. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

Thank you, I absolutely love how she has come out. Though after some feedback im wondering if her face should have been a different color, or if i should have made it a mask like the others. Probably, but here we are lol if I change it at all I may make it white like Hasets

Thank you man! I absolutely love that photo too, shows a lot of work and creativity from the past year, now to finish the last two official Hathorians! Or, eventually at least lol. I have Animosity IV coming soon, so need to save some stuff for that to paint for the campaign.

Imrahil, Lizards of Renown and Bowser like this.
  17. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

I am going between AoS projects and Conquest projects, so here is what i worked on tonight so far for AoS! You can check out the progress on my Apex for Conquest here:

https://www.lustria-online.com/thre...t-arguments-of-kings.25771/page-5#post-406624

For AoS I am working on my Hammerhead Allopex, again just some base color work. Going for a more natural scheme for the shark. Dark Reaper on top with Pallid Wych Flesh on the bottom so far
    20220429_231858.jpg

18. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

Debating between keeping the shield vs giving him 2 weapons, the second weapon would be his original mace in the shield hand...

Thoughts?

Inspired by WoW's Magtheridon 20220503_005317.jpg

19. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

He kind of reminds me of a Lynel from Breath of the Wild. Shield would look good on this model I think.

As always, really amazing work! Looks incredible.

Sudsinabucket likes this.
  20. Imrahil
    Slann

I think shield as well. It can serve as a weapon as well, with all those bits hanging off it.

The shield on his behind legs is a cool addition.
    Not so pumped about the wing though. Seems that there is to many going on with the model.

Grrr, Imrahil

Sudsinabucket and Bowser like this.