1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blog Suds Hand Sculpting Blog

Discussion in 'Personal Paint Logs' started by Sudsinabucket, Apr 12, 2021.

1. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

Sudsinabucket Well-Known Member

Thank you! Totally agree, really giving that extra dimension it needed.

She does love her bling, its true haha

trying to decide if I want to color some of her bling, primarily her armored gold crest(s)....

Warden, Lizards of Renown and Imrahil like this.
  2. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

Hey everyone!

Hope you're doing well on this Wednesday morning! 2:43am here in Michigan and thought i'd give an update on how the Unirontosaurian is doing.

Unirontosaurianenginewip1.jpg

So, admittedly there isn't as much done as I'd like but I've been writing some among other things, I've also been thinking about a few things that I may do moving forward. Among those ideas is to add some color to the golden armored crest(s) (there will be 3 once its custom engine is added), primarily some blue to match the two ornaments/armor on the neck and tail. Also debating filling in the triangles on it, and we all know how fun those are haha!

Aside from the ponderings I've been working on the bone and spike areas, slowly building up the color on them, even playing with a new color in the form of Skrag Brown! I used Skrag Brown to highlight the recesses in the large leg spikes and some of the divots of the large bastiladon armor pieces, giving a little more color to them. I'm also using Nuln oil to build up a darker tip on certain areas, though that's slow going and admittedly not super good at it.... I envy someone who can do a good horn job.

I also filled in the ropes that hold the armor and such with one of my custom browns that I'll end up doing an aggrax wash over more than likely.

ultimately she is slowly coming together and with each primer area filled in just looking so much better than I imagined

Unirontosaurianenginewip2.jpg Unirontosaurianenginewip3.jpg

Here I have my Stegadon's howdah and engine, I wanted to see what the redwood would look like and a stone look, I really like it. I'll likely go for something like this when I begin to paint the custom engine I made for this kitbash specifically. As I'm still trying to finish the beastie itself I haven't put a ton of thought into the colors of the howdah yet, but definitely on the mind a bit as we get closer.

What do you all think so far? what do you think about the color idea for the howdah?

Hoping to maybe finish this weekend and start the engine next week, and then skinks for all 3 Stegadons! Not including the two I still need to build from the Stampede box lol oy vey

I appreciate the thoughts and especially ya'll checking out this thread

have a good one!

3. Imrahil
    Slann

Imrahil Thirtheenth Spawning

It looks amazing. The Redwood really complements the green scales.
    And the Purple works the same way.

Redwood is the way to go. Perhaps the purple for the lightning at the Engine.

Grrr, Imrahil

Sudsinabucket likes this.
  4. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

The beginning of sub assembly 1 of 3 20210514_012537.jpg

5. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

My slightly tweaked recipe of Redwood looks good (no wash yet of Reikland Fleshshade) against the Unirontosaurian, my question is... for the idols on the platform...

Redwood or Gold? Regardless I think ill color in the small triangles

20210514_020222.jpg

Warden, Imrahil, kroxh and 2 others like this.
  6. Imrahil
    Slann

Imrahil Thirtheenth Spawning

Great look, definitely gold!
    (I saw on discord that you already went for that ;))

What colors would you go for with the triangles?
    May I suggest the same blue as the symbols on the neck and tail and a complementing green or contrasting orange.

Good luck with the details:artist:

Grrr, Imrahil

Sudsinabucket likes this.
  7. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

I am very proud, honored and blown away that my sculpt was featured! Screenshot_20210527-121025_Twitch.jpg

Aginor, Warden, Imrahil and 1 other person like this.
  8. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

Thank you! I ended up going with Thousand Sons Blue and Sybarite Green for the triangles actually! Then Baharroth Blue for lines with two yellows for some of the other spots. Only 1 of the 3 armor pieces have color on them yet 20210526_153554.jpg 20210526_153137.jpg 20210526_153237.jpg

Warden, kroxh, Imrahil and 2 others like this.
  9. Warden
    Slann

Warden Tenth Spawning

That's awesome!!!!

it reminds me of the Archaeodon straight out of the Lustria Campaign book. Stupendous work!! :cool::artist::artist::artist::vulcan:

Imrahil and Sudsinabucket like this.
  10. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

Thank you very much!

You're not the first to say that! I can definitely see it for sure :) Hoping to sculpt a custom Dread at some point

Warden, Lizards of Renown and Imrahil like this.