1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Tactics for other Armies

Discussion in 'Seraphon Tactics' started by Killer Angel, Jan 6, 2016.

1. Bainbow
    Bastiladon

Bainbow Well-Known Member

Oh Archaon's not a risk. Played right, he's almost unkillable.

Tip4Tap likes this.
  2. Tip4Tap
    Saurus

Tip4Tap Member

Oh ok in that case maybe include Archaon in the army list then. I thought taking him would be a huge risk as once he's dead you lose 20 wounds of your army. I've never actually seen Archaon in action so I have no idea if he's easy to kill etc. I've read his rules and I didn't think he was that great. Like don't get me wrong he's a beast but I thought he'd be slightly better. However, that is coming from a guy with zero experience in AoS! What do I know hey!!!

Do you know if your friend runs chaos Knights?

Last edited: Feb 20, 2016
  3. Bainbow
    Bastiladon

Archaon's historically been extremely hard to kill in his various incarnations over the years, and his AoS version is no exception. The sheer amount of defense he has is terrifying.

No, but I know he runs chariots.

4. Tip4Tap
    Saurus

Tip4Tap Member

Well then I feel that you've made a sound case for his inclusion into the army. a slaves to darkness list would be great (I think anyway)

Yeah I think at 3 wounds a model, including Knights might be difficult. Although I'd probably run them just for nostalgic reasons.

5. Bainbow
    Bastiladon

A perfect reason to run them. AoS is made for people to include units they just like because they like them.

Tip4Tap likes this.
  6. Tip4Tap
    Saurus

Tip4Tap Member

I think I might start collecting slaves to darkness along side Seraphon as my fun casual army. While Seraphon are going to be my get stuff done army.

7. Bainbow
    Bastiladon

I do a similar thing. Sort of. My Seraphon and Stormcast armies are power armies and my Fyreslayer army is going to be one when it's built (only because I love the Fyreslayers too much to not have them be powerhouses and my Stormcast were the army I really experimented with and used to learn all my tactics) but my Skaven Eshin army is for fun casual games, as will be my Undead Bretonnians, Ghouls, Chaos Dwarfs, Malignants, Gitmob, and Savage Orc armies once I make them. I'm undecided on how powerful I'll make my Cult of Valkia, probably strong enough to be competitive but not as powerful as I could make them.

8. Tip4Tap
    Saurus

Tip4Tap Member

Wow now that's a lot of armies! That must take you an age to paint. Fyreslayers Do look pretty cool. I think I'll stick with Seraphon and Slaves to Darkness. Seraphon will be my competitive army whereas the Slaves to Darkness will be more experimental and casual.

9. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

It's a bug we all get, I only have Seraphon, O&G, Ogres but I could easily collect more it is hard not to give on.

I do like the look of a death army

Tip4Tap likes this.
  10. Tip4Tap
    Saurus

Tip4Tap Member

to be honest I could easily collect, Death, Seraphon, Slaves to Darkness and Goblins. However, I'm limiting myself to two armies.

11. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Give it time

StealthKnightSteg and Bainbow like this.
  12. Bainbow
    Bastiladon

Yup ...

I remember when I was limiting myself to one army.

13. StealthKnightSteg
    Razordon

StealthKnightSteg Well-Known Member

AoS Starterbox was bad for me.. instant 2 new armies :rolleyes:

14. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

For me, it's Seraphon, Dwarfs and, lately, Tomb Kings (still working on them). Give me time and who knows? Maybe wood elves.
    But Lizzies will always be the first in line!

15. Bainbow
    Bastiladon

I want to do an undead Bretonnian conversion army next, but I have the starter set so I already have some Bloodbound units, I'm tempted to get started on my Cult of Valkia army where it's just very cultist-esque models with very low armour like the Bloodreavers, nothing too big like a Mighty Lord or anything, all led by a smaller but nasty Aspiring Deathbringer.

16. YZK
    Saurus

YZK Member

I'll adjust the google doc later this week!

I just picked up the book of Death, and it seems that there have been a lot of casualties.
    There is no Heinrich Kemmler, nor Konrad von Carstein any longer.
    I'll be reviewing/adjusting my list when I have the time - to keep it up to date with the book.

17. Tip4Tap
    Saurus

Tip4Tap Member

I remember when I started collecting Warhammer I always said I'd only collect 1-2 armies max. I now have 3 40k armies all of which are about 5 thousand points worth, and am about to start 2 AoS armies! I want to really get stuck into AoS and I think the best way to do that is to limit myself to only 2 armies. However, knowing me I'll end up with more than I can count.

Killer Angel likes this.
  18. Bainbow
    Bastiladon

Well I always thought that the basic Necromancer was better than Kemmler because Kemmler didn't have Vanhel's, which is a boss spell that stacks great with all the Vampires' other abilities that increase the number of attacks that a unit makes, which helps their attack spam-factor.

19. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Very interested to see your update as I am seriously falling for a death army :rolleyes:

20. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Well I have bought the Death book, I'm going to create a fun undead army and as @Bainbow is doing a undead bret army I thought I would go undead Empire.

125 wound limit and mostly zombies and skellys, no idea about what's what and I won't start it until next month.