1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. TG bunkered Slann & shooting

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by Jediknight620, Jun 22, 2012.

1. Eladimir
    Salamander

Eladimir New Member

Very true, but those of us who aren't great players will what advantages we can. (although I will admit this LOS for the slann would be a really rare item to come up)

2. Und3rDog6750
    Skink

Und3rDog6750 New Member

Put your standard bearer in front of the slann and have him on the shortest stem (clear plastic rod) you can get and should have him 50% covered??

3. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

LOL :D

Yea standards don't count.

4. Und3rDog6750
    Skink

Und3rDog6750 New Member

Haha i know. Ive got mine atop ofsome temple steps so no chance of being able to do that even if i could. Skrox sreen always works though?

5. BEEGfrog
    Razordon

BEEGfrog Member

I modelled a movement tray for my TG unit to be a flight of stairs down from a temple, when I had this argument with a friend we agreed to a house rule eliminating the idiotic TLOS rule when I reversed the tray so the TG were climbing up the stairs and you couldn't see any of the slann.

We also agreed that the fluff saying that the slann raises up to gain LOS would in any case overrule TLOS as army book trumps BRB and specific trumps general. I.e. the specific rule the the slann has to rise up out of the unit is a specific rule in an army book and thus overrules the general TLOS rules in the BRB.

We are also extremely biased against TLOS unless you have terrain specifically built to work with it, i.e. hills high and steep enough to affect TLOS, woods that actually block TLOS through them (the edges of real woods block LOS, while LOS within in mature ancient woods can be relatively unobstructed at ground level).