1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The decline of shared myths [Political]

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Scalenex, Dec 3, 2020.

1. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

That doesn’t surprise me, the BBC has degenerated into becoming a left-wing mouthpiece, and the funding for their overpaid presenters and subpar media all comes from the taxpayer’s money :mad:

To be honest I don’t watch that much BBC anymore, only Father Brown (a brilliant murder mystery series that seems largely to have escaped the wrath of the left-wing) and the occasional game show or antiques programme. The last BBC evening drama I watched was The Last Kingdom and that moved to Netflix. I can still get the DVDs of the later series when they come out and they’ve been fantastic so far. Got series 4 for Christmas so I’m looking forward to watching that soon.

Though I’m not a Whovian I’m pleased to see Whittaker leaving, that reboot series reeked of BBC left-wing propaganda. Whether they can save it or not is anyone’s guess, but the silent majority win once again :D

NIGHTBRINGER and Scalenex like this.
  2. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

I think private citizens are perfectly capable of maintaining private money holes...

I don't get how Amber Heard is Teflon given that large number of horrific things she's been accused of, with corroborating witnesses and voice recordings.

I am a DC fanboy but I am not going to pay a penny to watch anything with Heard in it. Domestic violence is wrong, even when women commit it.

Amber Heard is pretty and a decent actress, but she is not irreplaceable. There are hundreds, perhaps thousands of actresses just as pretty and talented who don't domestic abuse.

I don't get why Warner doesn't replace Ezra Miller as the Flash. He has gotten some bad headlines for drunk and disorderly behavior. Nothing unforgiveable I suppose, but he is a rubbish actor on top of this. You don't put up with celebrities making drunken scenes in public if they cannot act their way out of a wet paper bag.

3. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

4. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

Back on the original topic of evolving gender norms affecting media, here is my favorite foul mouthed snarky semiprofessional critic on Youtube.

I agree with his conclusion. To make engaging female heroines (and female villains) we need to establish true equality.

5. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

Yeah, that was a easy analysis, the current problems with most villains & heroes are pretty clear.

NIGHTBRINGER and Scalenex like this.