1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The GREAT 40k thread

Discussion in 'General Hobby/Tabletop Chat' started by Killer Angel, Oct 4, 2020.

1. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

new wraithknight weaponry...

Cattura.JPG

ChapterAquila92 and Lizerd like this.
  2. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

To be honest it could be a lot worse, at least if it's tailored for shooting it will suck in melee and if it's tailored for melee it won't be able to shoot anything, compared to its original 6th Edition rules where it was crazy strong regardless of the weapon options you gave it, and had the Jump Monstrous Creature troop type even though it had no form of visible jump pack :mad:

Lizerd likes this.
  3. Killer Angel
    Slann

The 6th version was one of the most horrible things ever happened to 40k

4. Killer Angel
    Slann

5. Kilvakar
    Carnasaur

Kilvakar Well-Known Member

Honestly surprised someone's still doing 40k animations after all the craziness around that part of the fandom lately. It looks really well done, though!

6. Lizerd
    Skink Priest

Lizerd Well-Known Member

Bit late on this one, but i have some takes on the new railgun. As intimidating as it may be at first glance, its introduction is not game breaking. Remember it's a single shot on a fairly soft platform, and as accurately as it can shoot in open LoS, this thing doesnt exist in a vacuum. LoS block terrain and such is very prevalent in modern 40k. Lastly, there are PLENTY of things that offer far more damage for the points than a single hammerhead (i.e eradicators, kitted out termies, etc). The new railgun is strong, but not gamebreaking

7. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Let's just hope GW doesn't get on their high horse about it. Looks good, though I'm still waiting for one with Xenos protagonists, in particular Necrons given this story's about them... though to be fair Black Library's only just made the advancement of writing Necron-protagonist novels, so I'm not surprised that the fandom hasn't yet reached that level of enlightenment.

Lizerd and Kilvakar like this.
  8. Killer Angel
    Slann

Here's my newly painted AdMech reactor!

Reactor 1.jpg Reactor 2.jpg

9. Lizards of Renown
    Slann

Lizards of Renown Herald of Creation

10. Tk'ya'pyk
    Skar-Veteran

Tk'ya'pyk Well-Known Member

11. Killer Angel
    Slann

12. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

To be honest I don't see the point in that book anymore, given the balance PDFs do exactly the same thing, do they not?

Kilvakar likes this.
  13. Killer Angel
    Slann

well, yes. I'm not excited for the book per se, but for the changes. the source is irrelevant. ;)

14. ChapterAquila92
    Skar-Veteran

ChapterAquila92 Well-Known Member

Some new meta changes on the way with regards to fortifications and subfaction use in tournament play (ignore for open).

Kilvakar likes this.
  15. Lizerd
    Skink Priest

Lizerd Well-Known Member

Mm new tau codex is looking great, cant wait to get it rolling soon

Kilvakar likes this.
  16. Kilvakar
    Carnasaur

Same here! I'm kind of sad to see Riptides nerfed so hard, but everything else is looking really good! I'm hoping they release some Farsight Enclaves rules soon, though. Because apparently all the special Farsight rules are gone now and The Eight aren't in the codex :(

17. Killer Angel
    Slann

REally? i haven't enough time to follow the leaks and my codex will arrive next week.

What happened to them?

18. Kilvakar
    Carnasaur

Well, after further review I shouldn't have said nerfed hard. But it sounds like just like with the Seraphon, GW wanted to discourage people from bringing the things that were spammed in the last edition and buffed things people never really took like crazy! But the consensus seems to be that they don't get/can't take as many buffs as before and don't do as much damage as before. People are also saying that ion guns are better than the heavy burst cannon now as well. However, they do have a built-in ability to move during the charge phase with the Nova Reactor, so they can now get better protection from getting charged in melee.

So probably more like a slight nerf and side-grade rather than a hard nerf. But it definitely sounds like you won't be bringing three of them anymore. Maybe one per list, although it sounds like they came out the worst from the new codex. Everything else sounds like it got *way* better though. It's looking like a really good codex so far!

As someone who got a small Farsight Enclaves army near the end of 8th Edition but never got around to playing them because all my focus was on AoS, I was further discouraged from getting into 40k with Tau since they were so bad after 9e came around. But it sounds like they will not only be useable, but really strong again after the new book comes out! I just hope we get a supplement that adds The Eight and other Farsight special rules back in soon :)

ChapterAquila92 and Killer Angel like this.
  19. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Craftworld Eldar codex previewed here:
    https://www.warhammer-community.com...ew-aeldari-codex-and-its-absolutely-enormous/

Harlequins are being folded back into the Craftworld Eldar army (makes sense given GW don't seem to be interested in giving them anymore stuff), explaining why the new book's going to be a biggie.

And now onto the real news: TYRANIDS ARE NEXT!!!! How fitting given they ate pretty much all the living Eldar on Iyanden.

[​IMG]

20. Killer Angel
    Slann

OMNOMNOM... :D