1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The GREAT 40k thread

Discussion in 'General Hobby/Tabletop Chat' started by Killer Angel, Oct 4, 2020.

1. Lennoth
    Skink

Lennoth Member

I've recently played my very first game of tabletop warhammer! Instead of just telling how it was, let me tell you the story from the eyes of my warlord:

"This is brother-captain Lennoth of the chapter of the Blood Angels.

Recently I've seen a real fight for the first time of my life. We were trained every day of our gifted life, imitating the face of a fight, but the real eye of war is only known to the one, who faced it first hand.
    We were deployed on an old, but habitable planed, scavered by ancient xeno-ruins, sand and dust. Our mission was clear: find, clear and hold a pyramid of strange shape, for the mechanicus' to do their work. But once we came to the transmitted coordinates, they appeared ...

A patrol of aeldari was already there, polluting this ancient artificact with their xeon-hands. It was inevitable.

Our razorback charged forward, releasing a tactical squad next to the enemy, trying to establish a front line. They managed to heavily damage the Aeldar fire-prism, but... They fell. A giant wannabe-god, polluted by Khaine-energy killed our brothers. But revenge came swift, when my entire army charged at him, bringing bloody justice, in the name of Sanguinus. Dreadnought-brother "bleeding fury" fought well that day. But he had to follow our fallen brothers, when those spike eared heretics summoned their wraithlord-abomination. It was tougher than expected, even holding against a full salve from our devastators, but we fought on. Watching my brothers fall, by the hands of those pitty Aeldar... That sight broke me. I fell for the red thirst. Just for a moment, but it's a shame nonetheless. The moment my senses cleared again, the wraithlord was shattered into pieces and the remaining xenos dropped their weapons.

By Sanguinus, I will avenge my fallen brothers ... "

IMG_20221111_212521.jpg

2. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

For our last apocalypse game, there was a prize, destined to the best player of the winning team.
    Guess what? :D

Boccale.jpg

Warden, BrotherSutek, Lennoth and 2 others like this.
  3. Killer Angel
    Slann

I think i will share the story of the narrative tournament.

This time we were 6 player for the usual apocalypse, however we were torn about armies and allegiances.
    there were 2 xeno players (both orks)
    2 with imperium (Black Templars and IK)
    2 for chaos (Death Guard and me, with CSM - Creations of Bile)

so, i've managed to set a story, a mini tournament that would have led us to the apocalypse.

Basically a mini-tournament with 3 sides, structured in 3 rounds of battles 1v1 (chaos vs imperium, chaos vs xeno, xeno vs imperum). The first at 1500 pts , the second 2000, the third 2500. Each round, the winning side would have gained some advantage for the next round.
    After 3 rounds of tournament, the setting would be ready for the final apocalypse, 2v2v2 (a grand total of 12.000 points on the battlefield)

Story:

Imperium:
    at the borders of the Cicatrix Maledictum a lot of planetary systems were apparently lost... many of them only for the interruption of communications.
    An imperial expeditionary force was conducting a sort of mini-crusade to take back to the imperium the still functional worlds.
    THe fleet caught a transmission, apparently a repeating one. It was coming from a world colonized by a AdMech forge world and it had a notable feature: it was a vermilion code... a security code that usually only Primarchs or Lords of Terra can open. Even a Capter Master is ont authorized to undecrypt it.
    What was so important? there was the need to investigate, moreso because on that world the original message could be opened. The fleet changed its course.

Chaos:
    A DG force was chasing the personal vessel of Fabius Bile. After the Spider stole the Ark of Cornucontagion, he was on Mortarion's list "dead or alive", and after a long chase the target was near. The chaos force was aware of the imperium's fleet, and when they changed course so abruptly, it was clear they were on something. Alas, the loyalist one was a force too large for Fabius' pursuers, so it became clear that, if they wanted to discover what they were after, maybe if could have been the case to negotiate a truce with Bile, to see what was going on and possibly find an arrangement about the Ark...

Orks:
    long time ago, the world had been conquered by the ork, that firstly overcome the humies' resistance, then repelled the invasions of some daemons. Lately things were getting kinda boring and even the car races and the usual fights between klans were not funny as usuals.
    Luckily, the weirdboys (under the influence of fungal beer) predicted that soon there would have been plenty of strong enemies. That waz gud!

What's going on:
    As discovered after the first combat, the mechanicus' fleet that colonized the planet, discovered something incredible, buried under tons of debris: a very ancient human vessel which was arond during the Great Crusade. When the Emperor was still around, even before the raising of Horus as Warmaster.
    It was a war cruiser of the Raven Guard, and incredibly, in the stasis chamber of the chief apothecary, there were samples of the geneseed of said chapter, before it was irreparably contaminated during the course of the horus heresy. Actually, the Raven Guards' geneseed is one of the most corrupted among all the SM geneseeds, and here there is the one of the original SM chapters, still intact.

Of course, with such a prize, it's time to wage a war with everything at disposal!

Warden, BrotherSutek and Lennoth like this.
  4. Killer Angel
    Slann

Current project: a Tallarn Armored division, with THREE baneblades in it, painted in the style of the 7th division "Desert Rats"

5. Killer Angel
    Slann

6. Killer Angel
    Slann

Conversion time! (again)

i've started from an incoplete Drop Pods, which i took for free as it was missing all the internal pieces and part of the top turbine.

Who cares?!? I wanted to work on it to turn it into a chaos Dreadclaw drop pod.
    This requires inverting the "fins", also working on them by cutting some edges to have them fit into the new position (see the right fin).

Building 1.jpg

then the assembly part.
    (not so easy, missing some pieces that would have helped in holding the thing together.

Building 2.jpg

Building 3.jpg

7. Killer Angel
    Slann

And today, as last act of the year 2022, I've managed to complete it.

If i will put my hands on other bits i will be able to increment the details, but as it stands i'd say is pretty much good.

Dreadclaw 1.jpg

Dreadclaw 2.jpg

Given that i'm gonna use it with Bile's Creations, it's chaos undivided so i dedicated the five sides to Nurgle, Tzeentch, Khorne and chaos undivided (twice). No Slaanesh, 'cause i don't have a single bit of that particular god. Oh well... :p

Dreadclaw side 1.jpg

Dreadclaw side 2.jpg

Dreadclaw side 3.jpg

Dreadclaw side 4.jpg

Dreadclaw side 5.jpg

Warden, BrotherSutek, JTSleep and 3 others like this.
  8. Killer Angel
    Slann

The Tallarn Project goes on... :)

IMG-20230121-WA0018.jpg

IMG-20230121-WA0016.jpg

IMG-20230123-WA0007.jpg

Warden, BrotherSutek and Imrahil like this.
  9. Imrahil
    Slann

Imrahil Thirtheenth Spawning

Those look great! I love the camouflage colors and the freehand letters look very neat.
    It will be awesome to see a complete army in this colorscheme

Keep up the great work!

Grrr, !mrahil

Warden and Killer Angel like this.
  10. Killer Angel
    Slann

Glad you like 'em.

You will see that army.
    4 leman russ and 3 baneblades... those alone makes for 2000 points and are actually my priority for an incoming apocalypse.

later i will need a way to convert my cadian guardsmen into tallarn ones and maybe grab a transport or two.

Warden, BrotherSutek and Imrahil like this.
  11. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

Lord-Marcus Sixth Spawning

As long as those tanks have bottom hills, they get an A+ from me.

Warden, BrotherSutek and Killer Angel like this.
  12. Killer Angel
    Slann

A finished baneblade, with some chipping in the lower armor to give it an older look, and stains around the engine

IMG-20230201-WA0008.jpg IMG-20230201-WA0010.jpg IMG-20230201-WA0009.jpg

Warden, ChapterAquila92 and Imrahil like this.
  13. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

14. Killer Angel
    Slann

7° Tallarn tank regiment "desert's rats", ready to go!

IMG-20230201-WA0013.jpg IMG-20230201-WA0012.jpg

Warden, Imrahil and ChapterAquila92 like this.
  15. Imrahil
    Slann

Imrahil Thirtheenth Spawning

16. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

Lord-Marcus Sixth Spawning

Someone has to do a Spanish themed dark angels army now....... FB_IMG_1676616560268.jpg

Imrahil and ChapterAquila92 like this.
  17. Y'ttar Scaletail
    Troglodon

Y'ttar Scaletail Well-Known Member

I thought the Crimson Fists were the Spanish themed Chapter?
    Dark Angels more biblical/goetica angels and daemons mixed with He-Man and Thundercats (Lion-O and the Watchers as Orkos) :p

18. Killer Angel
    Slann

It is said that Skitarii cohorts of Metalica forgeworld, march into battle listening (in loop) to Black Sabbath "Computer God"

[​IMG]

19. Killer Angel
    Slann

To expand on my Tallarn army...

the tanks of course will be led by commanders, and those must be special ones.

The Baneblade of the tank commander (tank ace officier) is of course "made to order".
    I've picked a 2nd hand baneblade, largely incomplete, and i've started adding new weaponry.

Baneblade comm WIP 1.jpg

WIP

Baneblade comm WIP 2.jpg

MODEL COMPLETED

Baneblade commander 1.jpg

Baneblade commander 2.jpg

Warden and Imrahil like this.
  20. Killer Angel
    Slann

I did a similar thing for one of my Tank commander on a Leman Russ.

I've picked an old Catachan commander...

Tank Commander 1.jpg

modeled with green stuff to mimic a scarf (kufiya like) and shirt sleeves rolled up (ala afrika korps)

Tank Commander 2.jpg

PAINTING!

Tank Commander 3.jpg

Warden and Imrahil like this.