1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS The new Battletome: A Discussion

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by sigmonstar, Mar 2, 2020.

?

Are you optimistic about our new battletome?

1. Yes

160 vote(s)
    76.2%
  2. No

20 vote(s)
    9.5%
  3. Undecided

30 vote(s)
    14.3%
  1. Oh_Man
    Kroxigor

Oh_Man Well-Known Member

Did Dread Saurians get a new warscroll?

2. LordBaconBane
    Ripperdactil

LordBaconBane Well-Known Member

Because it's a forge world exclusive, it wouldn't be included in this book.

3. Nart
    Carnasaur

Nart Well-Known Member

They really did mess up stegadon and EotG. TL CT buffs only mounts, but mount of stegadon is the crew, so it literally gives +1 to their javelins and bow, but the trait describes a mighty warbeast.

Same with helm. If you give it to eotg, it will affect it, because crew is the mount, but it describes a standard helm, made of stegadon horns. I'm going RAI unitl the FAQ.

4. Skained
    Chameleon Skink

Skained Well-Known Member

wait what?, all stegadon profile have +1 attack, all his attack is from mount not only the crew. The crew are treated in the same manner, that's why the mount as a stegadon and all missile attacks
    upload_2020-3-8_22-23-2.png

5. Wazz
    Troglodon

Wazz Well-Known Member

I did notice with the ripper rider hero, it doesn't say a unit can only benefit from this ability once. So if you wanted to tou could dump cps into a unit if you wanted.

Canas and Nart like this.
  6. Nart
    Carnasaur

Nart Well-Known Member

Yes, but ripper attacks are so weak, and we need lots of CP. I don't think it is worth it to waste on rippers. We could do similar thing with knights and scar-veteran and it wasn't that popular. I don't want to give up on them, but it looks like they are severely outclassed by terradons.

Ecozh and Wazz like this.
  7. Nart
    Carnasaur

Nart Well-Known Member

Another RAW stupidity. Artefacts of Power and Command Traits can apply only to skink chief attacks. CT of Thunderlizard applies to the mount. But Warscroll should override this rule, which makes the CT unusable.

But if allegience override warscroll, then any artefact or ct should be appliable to stegadon itself, and warscroll rule have no effect.

Gosh, I wish GW spared another page for separate profile for skink chief on stegdon, instead of copy-pasting all endless spells.

Wazz likes this.
  8. Boshea
    Saurus

Boshea Active Member

I think you're overthinking it. The CT says add +1 Attack to the general's mount. So the effect for the Skink Chief is his mount gets +1 Attack. The wording is in there so that you't give him a Sword of Judgement and have it apply to all of melee attacks on the profile. Its the same wording as any other book so I'm not sure why you think this one makes an impossible rule.

Wazz and Cuetzpal Pilli like this.
  9. sigmonstar
    Saurus

sigmonstar Active Member

The endless spell warscrolls arent copy-pasted. some of them do have specifically different rules for being bound.

Slikus Vaw, Wazz and Carnikang like this.
  10. Scurvydog
    Saurus

Scurvydog Active Member

While RAW can be a bit odd at times, I don't think anyone sane will raise an eyebrow regarding who is the mount between the skink chief and stegadon. I want to see someone convert a poor skink chief trying to carry a Stegadon around.

I think the new goodness in the book comes from the unlikely Kroxigors though for 140 pts for 3! They hit harder for their points than Ironguts, have them run next to anything with a skink keyword and they get +1 to hit. With just the +1 to hit they hit as hard as Necropolis stalkers in precision stance which eeryone are losing their minds over for 200 points, Kroxigors can do that for 140 now.

Even without +1 to hit they do as much damage as a Carnosaur (coalesced) and more than a Stegadon in combat for nearly half the point cost. They got 8" move so they are basically the heavy cavalry of the army and in a thunderquake they can really bring the pain with run/charge or +1 attack to make their damage output insane. Their mauls also got 2" reach, so larger units will be good, although I might prefer 6 to not waste too many bites which are still 1". Combine this with scaly skin and you got some really tough super hard hitting and fast hammer units.

11. Nart
    Carnasaur

Nart Well-Known Member

Which ones? I noticed only cogs and they are actually WORSE then undound version.

You really underestimate some tournament players.

That would be awesome. Skink and the crew carry stegadon on their backs, while there's also a slann on top of it. I am a RAW guy myself, but this time I'm going 100% RAI.

Judge dread (Saurian) likes this.
  12. Oh_Man
    Kroxigor

Oh_Man Well-Known Member

So it can't be coalesced or starborne?

13. Nart
    Carnasaur

Nart Well-Known Member

Both. But better in coalesced, probably.

EDIT: Re-read the question. Nothing prevents it to gain the coalesced or starborn keyword, since it is tied on SERAPHON keyword. Funny enough, it still havs CELESTIAL DAEMON keyword and 10 bravery even in Coalesced army.

14. Dire Distortion
    Skink

Dire Distortion New Member

Sorry if this has been gone over. With the bastiladon getting a 1+ save does this mean you don’t roll a dice. I was always under the impression that a natural 1 will always fail. This would mean in reality the bastiladon has an effective 2+ save

15. Nart
    Carnasaur

Nart Well-Known Member

Yes, 1's always fail. The 1+ basically means, that all weapons, targeting bastiladon, will have their rend reduced by 1.

Btw, there's a spell in Shyish that makes target immune to save modifiers. Bastiladons will like it. A lot. But your opponent won't.

16. Dire Distortion
    Skink

Dire Distortion New Member

I must admit I’m just so hyped to have spells to cast again from our own book. They really will be a great magical force once again.

17. Acehilator
    Ripperdactil

Acehilator Well-Known Member

It means that you ignore rend -1. -2 puts you on a 3+ save and so forth.

Dragvindel and Cuetzpal Pilli like this.
  18. Xuil
    Chameleon Skink

Xuil Well-Known Member

So where do we stand on entering a Garrison while on a balewind vortex? As the caster and model are considered to be one unit, are they still 'on the battlefield' and 'assumed to be inside the garrisoned structure', or...?

19. Nart
    Carnasaur

Nart Well-Known Member

But this is literally = reduce rend by 1, while having 2+ save.

20. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

yes that's exactly how it works.