1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Random Thread of Random Randomness

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by NIGHTBRINGER, Feb 10, 2019.

1. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

I believe you are correct.

118838143_4377715965603940_142810994315571373_n.jpg

2. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

3. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

4. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

5. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

6. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

7. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

8. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

9. Tk'ya'pyk
    Skar-Veteran

Tk'ya'pyk Well-Known Member

10. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

11. Tk'ya'pyk
    Skar-Veteran

Tk'ya'pyk Well-Known Member

That bird is a Tzeentch spy. I am sure of it.

12. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

20180706115657.png
    Rules/Guidelines:
    Pet lives as long as you ➤ One pet of your choice. Your chosen pet lives a comfortable and healthy life for as long as you live.

Eat anything & not gain weight ➤
    You maintain a healthy weight no matter the quantity or quality of food you consume. You obviously benefit health-wise for being at a healthy weight, but you are not immune from the other negative effects of your food intake.

Gain 1 Million Followers ➤ You gain 1 million followers on a single social media platform of your choice. None of these people will ever unfollow you.

Read the mind of 1 person daily ➤ You choose when and whose mind to read (and you don't have to if you don't want to). May only be used once per 24 hour period. Once you have chosen someone, you can read their mind any number of times at your discretion for the entire duration of the day. You must be in visual range of the person to use the ability. You can only read their mind, you have no mind control capabilities.

Get $500 per day for the rest of your life ➤ No tax. US currency.

Find your soulmate ➤ your ideal match (you are their soulmate too)

Never pay for food again ➤ You and the group you are currently with (up to 10 people with you at a time) pay no money for food. You can't sell the food or profit from it in any way. Applies to all sources... restaurants, grocery, on trips, vending machines, etc. Does not include alcohol, but other drinks are included.

Never feel pain ➤ You are incapable of registering physical pain. You can still be damaged, but it won't hurt. You retain the ability to feel any and all positive tactile sensations.

Boost your confidence by 50% ➤ you feel 50% more confident in any given situation. Lasts for life.

My choices in order of best to worst (with the top 2 being the 2 pills I would select) are:
    1. Mind reading: oh the fun and mischief. Plus the ability to leverage it for personal financial gain... poker anyone?
    2. $500/day: easy guaranteed money. Invest it properly and it should last you a life time
    3. +50% confidence boost: I think this would be beneficial in many aspects of my life. I might even paint more!
    4. Gain 1 million followers: I don't really care about having the followers outside of the financial gain it would generate. I'm not sure if this would exceed the $500/day and how much effort must be put into it. Perhaps one of you more social media savvy people can shed some light on this. It might overtake my current #2.
    5. Eat anything and not gain weight: I would have to be careful with this one, but it would come in handy if used in moderation.
    6. Never pay for food: Not as good as the other money generating choices, but still a huge savings across a lifetime. Plus you can get the very best of everything
    7. Pet lives as long as you: I don't have a pet, but if I one day got one, it would be a nice benefit.
    8. Find your soulmate: already found mine! This is of no use to me.
    9. Never feel pain: This is a trap. It is absolutely awful. Some people actually have this condition and they always die prematurely. We feel pain for a reason.

13. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

14. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

15. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

My choices:
    1. Find my soulmate: Fulfilling my current biggest aim in life instantly would cut out a lot of toil, sweat, tears and possibly blood on my account. Definitely picking this one first.
    2. +50% confidence boost: Though I'm working on improving my confidence, extra confidence is always a bonus and will again make my life a lot easier and more enjoyable.
    3. $500 a day: Though it would be substantially less for me given that it's in Mickey Mouse money and I'm happy with the finances I have, additional income is always welcome - I'd certainly put this away for an emergency.
    4. Never pay for food: Not as nice as $500 in wages just for existing, but not having to spend money on food would mean more money to spend on the more interesting aspects of life... like Warhammer!
    5. Pet lives as long as you: Would be great if I had a trusty animal companion, but currently I don't have one.
    6. Mind-reading: Given that I'd already have found my soulmate by taking my number 1 choice and I don't want to exploit others for financial gain because it is dishonourable and craven, I don't have much use for this.
    7. Gain 1 million followers: I'm not interested in social media - I purely use Facebook to catch up with old friends and that's it, and though I spend a lot of time on this forum, I don't care that much about having followers, I'm here for all the cool hobby content. Also simply having 1 million followers is not the same as having a personal army of 1 million men (which I would be interested in) - it's simply having 1 million social media addicts following your every move and potentially trying to stalk you.
    8. Eat anything and not gain weight: I've never had real weight problems and I don't eat excessive amounts of food anyway. This would be of no use to me.
    9. Never feel pain: Never feel pain may sound good at first glance, but remember you can still suffer damage - you could break your toe or finger and never notice until you just happen to glance at it one day and it's become all swollen and infected and horrible. You could still be shot or stabbed, and would still die from the wound, you simply wouldn't feel anything - it's not invulnerability by any stretch. Additionally, as @NIGHTBRINGER says, we feel pain because it's our body telling us to do something about an injury, so getting rid of that would be utter madness.

NIGHTBRINGER and Imrahil like this.
  16. Imrahil
    Slann

Imrahil Thirtheenth Spawning

My list would be:

1. +50% confidence boost: mostly because I feel like I would benefit from this in my personal life as well as professional. I wonder a couple of things about this though: a) is this 50% of your own original confidence or 50% of your full potential confidence, because 50% of 0 is still 0 ;) b) confidence does not mean you are right in the decisions you make, but you take them with more confidence.
    2. $500/day: Very convenient way to save some money, I would still be going to work to ensure financial stability for my family. Maybe work a day/week less.
    3. Never pay for food: the question is: IS this only the food I'll actually eat or all food I would normally pay for? can I get all food for free and distribute this over all the poor and starving people? This would take away the barrier of not trying some kind of food because of the price and not knowing if I would even like it.
    4. Eat anything and not gain weight: not gaining weight is a positive thing, but the trap would be to eat to much fat and risk a heart attack, liver failure or similar organ failure.
    5. Pet lives as long as you: Next question, would the pet reach the same physical state as normal. In other words getting old slower, to extant its total lifespan. Or would it age normally and just wont die but live like a pile of trash in the years that it normally would have been dead? my Goldfishes are about 6 years old and doing fine, they already defy the average age of Goldfishes and stay in pretty good shape. But cats and dogs that defy those ages will mostly decay whilst being alive...
    6. Mind reading: though it sounds cool I think I could not live a relax life knowing what the other persons in the room are thinking. It would be interesting to see what my toddler is thinking, because he can't yet express himself clearly. But this is not quite high on my list.
    7. Gain 1 million followers: I totally don't give a crap about social media, it is nice to see some things of friend you don't speak that often, but I am not at all effected by the amount of people that 'like' what I am doing in my live.
    8. Find your soulmate: This is very low on my list, because I'd like to think that I already found here (and because see is standing behind me as I am writing this:eek::D)
    9. Never feel pain: Because of what the others already said: Pain is a warning system of your body. Better not suppress it..

Grrr, Imrahil

17. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

50% more confidence then you would normally have in any given situation. So you would still have 0% confidence in believing you could do something you deem absolutely impossible.

Personal use only... for you and a group of ten people you are with. You would be able to round up starving people and take them to a restaurant with you (10 at a time), but you have to be having breakfast/lunch/dinner/etc with them.

Your pet would remain a healthy. While you are alive, the pet is in good/optimal condition. Suspended aging once they reach maturity.

Imrahil likes this.
  18. Paradoxical Pacifism
    Skink Chief

Paradoxical Pacifism Well-Known Member

but i don't know how to swallow pills

19. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

Tough break. No bonuses for you! :p

20. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann