1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Random Thread of Random Randomness

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by NIGHTBRINGER, Feb 10, 2019.

1. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

Mjolnir, provided I am worthy.

2. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

What mutation/s would you want from the x-men universe?

3. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

Underlying assumption is that if you choose that item it would respond to you as if you were worthy.

How many mutations can you choose? What about characters with multi-powers?

LizardWizard likes this.
  4. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

Let's say three. Multiverse is open.

NIGHTBRINGER likes this.
  5. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

Magneto superpower is pretty cool and strong

LizardWizard likes this.
  6. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

That depends if I lived in the X-Men universe or if I lived in the real world, with mutant powers.

Real World

No matter how strong I was, I don't think I could be a superhero in the real world. The hard part is walking around and finding a crime in progress to unleash your might on. So with most powers I would be regulated to a circus act or a science experiment.

But if I say had the power to heal people, it's not hard to find injured people. I could set up a clinic and people could come to me. I could help a lot of people, and I could make some money either charging a fee or accepting donations.

Marvel Universe

I would NOT want to have the power to heal other people. There are lots and lots of villains that are critically injured or terminaly ill. I know if I was in the Marvel universe I would end up getting kidnapped by some villain who needs to enslave me in order to perpetually stave off the grim reaper and the X-Men will not bother to save me until Professor Xavier gets injured "Oh no, only Scalenex can save Professor X, and we lost track of him two years ago!"

If your power is too great, someone will target you. But if you have a minor power that draws attention to yourself, cowardly anti-mutant groups will attack you as an easy pickings. I would a power that is useful but easy to hide. What if I was immune to energy drain attacks? No normal people would be offended and Rogue would have to go out with me because she would literally have no other options.

LizardWizard likes this.
  7. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

I assume you are referring to specifically mutant powers and not powers in general.

If it is powers/abilities in general, I'll take powers of The One Above All. Omnipotent, Omniscient, Omnipresent.

If we are talking about mutations specifically:
    • Some power to keep you alive.... Apocalypse's immortality, Wolverine or Deadpool's regeneration (there are a few completely indestructible beings that are better than these, but I don't think their power arises from mutation)
    • Professor X's Mind Control
    • Franklin Richard's power to warp and shape reality.

LizardWizard likes this.
  8. Killer Angel
    Slann

That goes also for "opinions" based on racial or cultural racism.

LizardWizard likes this.
  9. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

Are you saying that it isn't fair of us to consider our cold-blooded scaly lizardy race to be superior to all the rest (other than TK of course)? :wacky:

Paradoxical Pacifism likes this.
  10. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

Time to open a can of worms:D

Are fantasy races actually races or species? Races for humanity are more of a social construct than anything. However, an Aelf vs a Duradin vs a Human vs a Seraphon are species level differences.

NIGHTBRINGER likes this.
  11. Killer Angel
    Slann

Oh no, that is a fact, not an opinion. :p

NIGHTBRINGER and LizardWizard like this.
  12. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

That's fair enough. But it still exists within species as well...

Humans: Tomb Kings (still counts as human) > WoC (Marauders, Warriors, etc.) >>>> Vampire Counts > Empire & Bretonnia

Elves: Dark Elves > Wood Elves >>>> High Elves

Dwarfs: Chaos Dwarfs > Dwarfs

Daemons: Tzeentch > Slaanesh >>> Khorne > Nurgle

:p

13. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

14. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

15. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

All races are equally inferior to Lizardmen.

The question of "Is it a species?" is pretty simple to answer. Can a male and female produce viable offspring? If the answer is yes then they are the same species.

There is official fluff showing that Dark, Wood, and High Elves can all interbreed (though this is very rare) so they are of one species. Are they different races? I'm not sure. They certainly are different nationalities. I'm guessing most Warhammer creatures think of themselves by their nation not their race.

All the humans of Warhammer can interbreed, even the Warriors of Chaos (unless mutations result in a Chaos Warrior being sterile or impotent but they could have bred with non-tainted humans at some point before acquiring said mutation). That means Chaos Dwarfs and Dwarfs are probably the same species.

16. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

Settra does not serve, Settra rules!

That might open up some interesting opportunities for the followers of Slaanesh. I'm sure the Dark Prince can make some things happen between the what would otherwise be different species in the Warhammer world.

17. Scolenex
    Ripperdactil

Scolenex Well-Known Member

No, not simple!

Lizardmen spawn from magic pools. Orcs and Goblins spawn from spores. Seraphon spawn from the minds of Slann, and Daemons just spawn from nothing.

Since Lizardmen spawn from the same source, you could think of them like ants or bees. Kroxigor, Saurus, Skinks, and even Slann would be the same species by that logic. In this case their "queen" is the spawning pool. All others (even the Slann) are sterile drones.

The same could be argued, although less nobly by the greenskins. Orcs, Goblins, and the like all come from spores. Though maybe they don't come from the same spores. Are their specific Goblin and Orc spores that can only spawn Goblins or Orcs specifically? Or are greenskin pores like stem cells, they can potentially be anything? This is a question that probably doesn't need be answered.

Going back to race and nationality. Most medieveal humans thought of themselves as members of a nation and not a race. That would probably apply to most of the Forces of Order but if there is one place that the term race might apply is to Orcs and Goblins. The Orcs and Goblins have no national identity yet Goblins, Night Goblins, Gnoblars, and Hobgoblins are all distinct from each other. Likewise Orcs, Black Orcs, and Savage Orcs could be considered races of Orcs.

Though maybe that isn't accurate. Orcs and Goblins have a gazillion tribes. Maybe I am be jingoist by not counting this as a valid national identity.

All creatures are equally inferior to pandas.

18. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

11088487_745891382199279_5951791998537974096_o.jpg

I'd love to see Bruce Lee in a high budget modern martial arts / action film, so I'd choose him (unless of course I could specify that Heath Ledger reprises his role as the Joker, that would trump all).

Honourable mention goes to Robin Williams.

19. Killer Angel
    Slann

Yeah, Bruce Lee would be Amazing.

LizardWizard likes this.
  20. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Sorry, but that's not true. In reality the thing is a lot more complex. There are some species that can interbreed and have (some) fertile offspring under certain circumstances.

A prime example are Ducks (a field I am a bit familiar with as it is a hobby of mine), but the same has been observed with frogs, rodents, and plants as well.

LizardWizard likes this.