1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blog The start of my Warhammer career

Discussion in 'Personal Paint Logs' started by Greenj92, May 17, 2020.

1. Imrahil
    Slann

Imrahil Thirtheenth Spawning

That one looks promising! Great work on the highlights as well :artist:

Like to see a completed Warrior this way, I think your there.

Grrr, Imrahil

Greenj92 likes this.
  2. Greenj92
    Skink

Greenj92 Member

Excuse the lighting, I really need to get myself a half decent lamp for painting any recommendations?

here is some more progress, I’m actually quite happy with how he’s turned out. Just trying to decide the colour of the shields now and whether to go red or brown.

Attached Files:

3. Greenj92
    Skink

Greenj92 Member

Unfortunately I don’t have many browns so I may have to go free style and mix one up. I kind of want a similar shade of brown to the picture I’m following but I’m struggling to achieve the colour whilst mixing

Attached Files:

4. Greenj92
    Skink

Greenj92 Member

Finally completed the Saurus warrior, I went with a red shield in the end. Let me know what you guys think!
    Best places to get basing materials?

Attached Files:

5. Greenj92
    Skink

Greenj92 Member

Bump.

Attached Files:

6. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

Erta Wanderer Well-Known Member

he is looking great! best place to fine basing stuf is a hard ware store fake plants sand and gravel go a long way. if you want to try more of the modeling side of it hed to a hoby shop and get yourself some cork board it works wonders for rocky terain

Warden and Imrahil like this.
  7. Warden
    Slann

Warden Tenth Spawning

Looks like a great start!

And based on all the subsequent messages about painting your saurus, I don't think you have anything to worry about. The saurus looks great! :artist:

I agree; some sand from a hardware store or hobby/crafts store should do the trick.

I like going through the fake flowers and plants isles in craft stores and picking up the pieces that look the most "jungle looking," like ferns and small grasses and stuff. That should give you more than enough to start with.

I also paint my bases so the sand looks like mud (lots of mud in the jungle).

Greenj92 and Imrahil like this.
  8. Explodingzeb
    Bastiladon

Explodingzeb Well-Known Member

Good looking Saurus warrior! The comments above have good suggestions for basing materials. If you are wanting to get grass tufts for basing I'd recommend ebay, you can pick up 100s of them for not very much at all