1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Theory crafting competitive Thunderlizard

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by Jason839, Aug 5, 2021.

1. Tav
    Kroxigor

Tav Well-Known Member

the issue is we don't know, they both might be wrong

2. Kakalou1
    Saurus

Kakalou1 Member

I also play often against Tzeench
    What we understand for pink is that he can rally only pink if hé had pink at thé beginning of thé battle and only as maximum capacity unit. Which mean in your example than hé rolls 50 dices and can be with a 20/20 pink
    This is why aos 3 IS not herohmmer or monsterhammer or msu it IS juste about pink which cost less point than in v2
    Because he has also healing spell (i think) and mostly thé emerald life endless spell.

This is why according to me if you want to take them off you have to focus on one unit first and not split the dammage.

According to me the bastilladon should shoot on Kairos which is a perfect target for the 3 dommages doesnt bénéfit from attention sir and have short range spell so with 24'' you should bé able to tale him off or at least make him use his destinity dice.

I like also to use Gotrek but horror shoot are risky for him

3. Tilorn91
    Saurus

Tilorn91 Active Member

Solid advice. I was thinking Basti either shoots supporting heroes, like the one that gives rerolling spell cast rolls in a bubble, or something else, or Kairos himself. The other units focus on other objectives and I ignore the Pinks, giving up on the two objectives that the two units sit on. Only if the game is going in my favor, or the supporting heroes are dead, and Kairos is dead, will I focus on Pinks. Fully buffed, 20 pinks can do around 10-15 damage on a save 4+ Chief that I have, dangerous, but only range 12".

Now, the idea of splitting damage with Basti shooting one unit, Chief charging the other is really tempting, to force fleeing models, but I'm not convinced that is the play.

4. Kakalou1
    Saurus

Kakalou1 Member

Relying all the strat on battleforce look risky to me because he has destinity dice

Aiming support héro is difficult because you hit on 4+ so with attention messire it IS too bad. And not all are deamon. Kairos is a deamon and has +of 8 wounds. I like the comete for support héros.

Maybe 2 bastilladon are requested but take my advice with précautions I am still a beginner

5. Jason839
    Salamander

Jason839 Well-Known Member

2 bastiladons are looking more and more tempting. there was so much chaos at the orlando open last weekend. Lots of tzeentch and legion of the first prince as well as some slaneesh.

6. Jason839
    Salamander

Jason839 Well-Known Member

I think Ive settled into this one as my go to thunderlizard list for now. It just feels very optimized to me. The hard hitting carno, the skink horde to go out and touch things turn 1, the salamanders to crack hard targets, the chameleons to steal objectives and be annoying, slann for some magic protection and shackles to slow big baddies, all built around the double tapping bastiladon. It all just feels very nice in the current meta.

Allegiance: Seraphon
    - Constellation: Thunder Lizard
    - Grand Strategy: Prized Sorcery

- Triumphs: N/A

Saurus Scar-Veteran on Carnosaur (215)**
    - General
    - War Spear
    - Command Trait: Prime Warbeast
    - Artefact: Amulet of Destiny (Universal Artefact)
    - Mount Trait: Beastmaster

Slann Starmaster (265)**
    - Artefact: Fusil of Conflaguration
    - Spell: Stellar Tempest

Skink Starpriest (130)**
    - Spell: Hand of Glory
    Skink Priest (80)**
    - Universal Prayer Scripture: Heal
    30 x Skinks (225)*
    - Boltspitters Celestite Daggers & Star Bucklers
    - Reinforced x 2

10 x Skinks (75)**