1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Updated points GHB 2019

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Tokek, Jun 14, 2019.

1. Blitzkriyg
    Temple Guard

Blitzkriyg Well-Known Member

You can still run it but serverely sub optimal. The problem is 3 of units you take (eotg, razordons, skinks) got increases, so it's difficult to fit in everything you need unless you go down to stegs instead of bastiladons, which I don't feel is ever worth it

LizardWizard likes this.
  2. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

Stegadons, kroxigor & trog's are cheaper, hunting packs are also 10 points "cheaper" at max size due to losing a model. Only EoTG's became more expensive but with basiclly everything else in that battalion dropping in cost you'l barely notice. The only combination in which it noticeably went up in cost is EoTG + 2 bastiladon + 2 razordon, and even then only 40 points more for the entire thing. In most other combinations it's dropped in cost or remained basicly the same.

Ecozh and LizardWizard like this.
  3. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

The biggest impact is that Razordons are now max unit size 3. So you will lose one Razorodon who is re-rolling hits, wounds, and saves.

Lizerd likes this.
  4. Asamu
    Temple Guard

Asamu Well-Known Member

Summoning is exactly the same as before.
    The main change to allegiance abilities is that there's no more roll for the teleport (it's still in the hero phase); it's always 9" with no move after - this is great for the saurus alpha strike bloodclaw/sunclaw that stacks CPs, and we get a spell lore.

The notable spells are: 7+ 24" range roll 8 dice, 5+ are mortal wounds (average 2.67 MWs is pretty good), and 8+ cast 24" range roll a die for each model in the unit (Anti-horde MWs), 5+ are mortal wounds. 5+ cast heal 1 wound to friendly wholly within 18" and cause -1 bravery to units within 3" of the target. Slann can swap their spell at the end of your hero phase. Seraphon will finally have some mortal wound output aside from kroak, and the spells all have decent range.

It'll probably still end up being better to summon all game, but it's nice to have the opportunity to drop a bomb on a big unit turn 1 or 2 or try to snipe a character with magic without needing Kroak for it.

Thunderquake will still be reasonably good. You basically just lose a Razordon in most lists.
    Saurus oriented lists are getting 100 or so more points to work with though, which is pretty big, and the teleporting being guaranteed now is a pretty big deal for the alpha strike saurus lists. If they give Bloodclaw an errata to make it playable again (They gave it points again, so hopefully that happens), that would make a huge difference, since you could have a 2-3 drop list with 80 saurus + a screen and all the necessary heroes + aetherquartz brooch starting with 3+ command points.

I'm not sure how it'll stack up, but the top lists are all taking some hits, and saurus lists weren't far off from being strong before. Guard lists with 30-45 guard also saved a big chunk of points, and will be a lot better.

Lizerd, Canas, Chico and 2 others like this.
  5. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

and salamanders too.

you literally have no idea how much I'm pissed off.

In these years, I've slowly built my artillery packs, so i now have:

1 unit of 4 razordons composed by GW models
    1 unit of 4 razordons made with non-GW models
    1 unit of 4 salamanders (old models)
    1 unit of 4 salamanders (new models)

thanks GW. :mad:

Lizerd and LizardWizard like this.
  6. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

get one more of each and you're golden again :p Or 4 more and then you're fine if they change it back to groups of 4 :p

Lizerd, Ecozh, Aginor and 1 other person like this.
  7. Lizerd
    Skink Priest

Lizerd Well-Known Member

You could always do a carnosaur spam

In all honesty I have some pretty mixed feelings on this update. I like slann dealing mortal wounds, we needed that. As for the saurus while the reduction in points may seem negligible but at large amounts it is a huge change. As a saurus player I do like that.

However I dislike the skink, razordons, and salamanders getting nerfs. With other stuff being nerfed that means some of our best stuff is a lot less useable.

Ecozh, LizardWizard and Imrahil like this.
  8. Killer Angel
    Slann

I am thinking more to a steggy spam. :D

But hey, razors may cost more, but if you pick a full unit of 3 you have a discount, as they are still 120. :)

LizardWizard and Lizerd like this.
  9. Lizerd
    Skink Priest

Lizerd Well-Known Member

With new razordons and salamander updates i do actually have to reconsider what I am getting next, probably an eotg

LizardWizard likes this.
  10. pendrake
    Skink Priest

pendrake Well-Known Member

You need one more Razor and one more Salamandyr. :lurking: ?? :lurking:

I don’t get it. o_O

There must be something left unstated that creates a problem for you.

Lizerd likes this.
  11. Killer Angel
    Slann

the 4 + 4 salamanders are 2 groups visually very different from each other (Group A is different from group B); the same can be said for the razors.
    So it's not a matter of "add one sally and one razor, you'll have 9 of each = 3 groups of sallies and 3 groups of razors".. because the third group will be composed by a patchwork of dinosaurs visually different.
    Not a big issue, but given that i worked to have a certain result from a visual pov, it's really annoying.

12. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

Kitbash a third razordon/salamander so you get 3 groups. 1 old gw, one current GW and 1 frankenstein mismatch. A new visual scheme :p

13. Killer Angel
    Slann

I will call it: "the poor salamanders poisoned by skaven, on their hunt for crispy Revenge" :D

pendrake, Lizerd and LizardWizard like this.
  14. pendrake
    Skink Priest

pendrake Well-Known Member

I wondered if that was it. But I decided to ask rather than speculate.

Killer Angel likes this.
  15. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

NECRO ALERT!

I am so glad this turned out to be a wrong assessment. lol

knave, LizardWizard and Lizerd like this.
  16. Killer Angel
    Slann

Yep.
    As a side note, i know that some things got a points increase (EotG), and now you are forced fo have a unit of max 3 razordons, BUT those razordons comes at 120...
    in the end, with the old GHB, 4 razordons were 160, so I know the formation loses one razor but at the same time you are also forced to save those 40 pts. Points-wise, everyone should be able to field the good old Thunderquake, just losing 1 razor.