1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Voltunos spell negate

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by IggyStarhost, Oct 28, 2020.

1. IggyStarhost
    Ripperdactil

IggyStarhost Well-Known Member

Hi Guys,

I have a question regarding Volturnos his ability to ignore spells on a 3+

CD0C2C74-B8CD-4323-BC13-4A466B2F16C6.jpeg

We had a discussion last GT about Volturnos also being able to shrug off Endless spells. In my opinion he couldnt since it clearly says ‘spell’ and not ‘Endless spell’ which are two different things, as we can see on the fatemasters warscroll:

FAD29245-D249-42BA-9577-EEE47AC54A5D.jpeg

The TO just made us roll for it in the heat of the moment. But I want to have it clear for upcomming tournaments. My argument is that as the rules are written ‘spells’ and ‘endless spells’ are two different thing. In the other hand it was argued that the rules as intended would make volturnos possible to also shrug endless spells, but the warscroll is old and predates Endless spells. Which I can see, but it hasnt been faq’ed or changed on the online warscroll.

What do you guys think? And how do you normally discus conflict on rules? Is RAW just final, unless faq’ed?

LizardWizard likes this.
  2. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

Spell and Endless Spells are different. Volturnous would need an errata to ignore endless spells.

IggyStarhost likes this.
  3. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

Precisely. the RAW for Volturnous may be old but it hasn't been FAQed so, until it happens, you must stick with it and not with some "well, maybe RAI was that..."

LizardWizard likes this.