1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What’s your MBTI Type.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by DeathBringer125, Sep 24, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

:eek::eek::confused::confused::nailbiting::nailbiting:

(gets up off the floor)

Did you ever meet the great man?

2. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

Said hi a couple of time on the street, It's a normal thing around there, Claudia winkleman, Christopher Eccleston, Paul Wellar, Tony Blair.........

You see loads of celebrities around that area as it's very close to Hyde park and Paddington station.

3. DeathBringer125
    Carnasaur

DeathBringer125 Well-Known Member

Holy crap that’s epic

Paradoxical Pacifism likes this.
  4. Paradoxical Pacifism
    Skink Chief

Paradoxical Pacifism Well-Known Member

Kewl

You would make a great pacifist <3

5. ASSASSIN_NR_1
    Carnasaur

ASSASSIN_NR_1 Well-Known Member

A bit of an old thread but why not:

I'm an INTP, so we have both the coldest humans and the warmest machines, as the saying goes on this forum, which is very fitting considering which race we play.

6. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

Logician
    INTP-T

I wanted to argue that the test was too short to be accurate but the description for Logician was pretty spot on.

I am apparently in the same group as Bill Gates, Albert Einstein, Stanley Crouch and.......Kristen Stewart :eek:

Yerch.

7. DeathBringer125
    Carnasaur

8. DeathBringer125
    Carnasaur

Hmm it deleted my message I sent with that. It was long so I will sumarize. Basically try looking into the 8 Functions of each personality type

9. GuaDan
    Kroxigor

GuaDan Well-Known Member

I am an health professional (and was also in a Psychiatry unit for a while), and really don't like how popular this MBTI thing is in some internet communities.
    These kind of tests are very fancy on the internet and for a job psychology niche but are very self-referential.
    They are based of 4 dicotomal axes.
    They ask you the same 8 questions over and over, and then classify you depending on the frequency of your answes towards one of the end of each axis.
    Then they explain nothing but what you told.
    For example, you will be asked sometnhing like 30 times if you are ant introvert or an extrovert. Then, if you tell most of the time you are an introvert, they will tell you a lot about how introvert people are and behave etc.
    But, really, there is no inference whatsoever on aspects of life and psychology that are not investigated in the test.
    Also it is hugely biased, as many other tests can be made basing the quesitons on more axes, and even the dichotomy proposed is more htan questionable.

10. DeathBringer125
    Carnasaur

I actually disagree with that assessment of the MBTI. Although it has the four letters it delves way deeper in the 8 Functions which explains the difference those letters make when combined. I think if you take the test and read your results you can see it going much deeper then simply what an introvert is plus the other letters. It delves into how they complement each other and manifest together. For example I'm an INTJ and my friend is and ISTJ similar right? But that isn't true and the difference is extremely noticeable. Although we share thinking as our primary mode of decision making we think entirely different because of our N/S difference. This difference goes beyond the simple definition of the term and manifests in us thinking of things in an entirely different way.

11. GuaDan
    Kroxigor

GuaDan Well-Known Member

I took these kind of tests several times when I was younger and starting to dig psychology (I started medicine to become a psychiatrist, and applied for psychology too).
    It is too biased to be seriously taken into account while evaluating personalities, in clinical setting or psychoanalysis, and its applications are rather narrow, compared to how it is advertised somewhere on the net.
    Huge bias lies in question choice, or in the choice of just 4 axes with such a small number of personalities, absence of relative weight (scoring 60/40 is closer to scoring 99/1 than to 40/60).
    BTW I'm an INFP or INTP, depending on the test taken. Stil not sure whether I think or feel the most.

12. DeathBringer125
    Carnasaur

Have you read the online summary? The Myers Briggs test is free online now with detailed summaries called 16 personalities. I think reading their summaries there may help

13. GuaDan
    Kroxigor

GuaDan Well-Known Member

I know the 16 personalities web site, is that the source you are referring to?
    My point is not that the test is useless or inaccurate.
    I am saying that it has to be taken with a grain of salt, given the above-mentioned biases.
    If you accept those limitations, and are aware of their potential consequences, it is perfectly fine and can be of use.

ASSASSIN_NR_1 and Scalenex like this.
  14. DeathBringer125
    Carnasaur

Ahh ok I see that makes sense. It does have to be taken with a grain of salt. Lol I'm so used to seeing hate it or love it as the common views. One common argument o see against it is that it's unscientific but at the same time my thought is that personality isn't scientific lol. You can't look in someone's brain and figure out exactly how they act. And additionally I will say that there are some people who take it to far to where they actually change the way they act to fit into their personality more. And most people don't perfectly match up with their personality type because everyone is different because of past experiences. Lol I love getting my friends to take it and have all their personality types memorized. Plus since I'm learning and experiencing more and more personalities I'm getting better at guessing what someone is based on how they act in comparison to my other friends. As an INTJ (the Mastermind personality) I study literally everyone. When I first took the test my mom was reading off what I got and was shocked that it mailed me so well.

ASSASSIN_NR_1, Scalenex and GuaDan like this.
  15. Nazqua
    Carnasaur

Nazqua Well-Known Member

INTJ-A, If I'm focused I can get things done :D I would say its pretty accurate

16. Nazqua
    Carnasaur

Nazqua Well-Known Member

Agree with you alot.

DeathBringer125 likes this.
  17. Nazqua
    Carnasaur

Nazqua Well-Known Member

Lizardmen All the way!

18. Kilvakar
    Carnasaur

Kilvakar Well-Known Member

Tried it out and I got ENFP-A / ENFP-T, aka Campaigner. Very interesting. I think it fits my personality pretty closely, but not 100%.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2022
    Nazqua and DeathBringer125 like this.
  19. DeathBringer125
    Carnasaur

If you want to really get into the MBTI types and understand more about your personality check out this link.
    https://www.careerplanner.com/8CognitiveFunctions/Cognitive-Functions-Simply-Explained.cfm
    One thing to note (it's alot of reading) is that it explains why INTJs are painted as cruel even though we aren't. Essentially there are 8 function 1st and 2nd make up 90% of your personality. But if you look at INTJs third function (this is one that develops in twenties) you will see that it is essentially empathy. As kids and teens we struggle to connect with people sometimes and are too blunt for our own good. But in our twenties we start developing more empathy for others and get better at embracing our feelings. Thin Jean Luk Picard from Star trek. He is an INTJ but he doesn't act like a robot. You see him struggle a bit with kids and things but yet he isn't heartless or cold he just isn't the best with emotions. He tries to be empathetic but it can be hard sometimes. In my opinion he is the perfect example of a matured INTJ.

20. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

Pardon me for necromancing the thread, just wanted to report some findings I’ve discovered about myself.

When I first took the 16Personalities test I was 16, in my first year at Sixth Form college. Then it gave me the ISTJ result, as I told you all about a while back on this thread.

Six years later, I took the test again a few days ago, and now it defines me as an INFJ. After reading through the description, I have to say that this type fits me a lot better.

The ISTJ type did fit some of me, such as my relatively traditional beliefs, but failed to take account of the imaginative, caring and helpful side of me that has been developing over the last few years, which the INFJ type fits perfectly. INFJs also are more skilled at written communication than verbal communication, which definitely fits me!