1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are you doing today hobbywise?

Discussion in 'General Hobby/Tabletop Chat' started by Lord-Marcus, Feb 8, 2018.

1. Tk'ya'pyk
    Skar-Veteran

Tk'ya'pyk Well-Known Member

Um... I'm doing nothing. Can't bring myself to do anything today.

Got some really really really bad news from the vet today. A few weeks back we took one of our cats (the really cuddly one) in to have some dental work done. Had a broken tooth that rotted and damaged his jaw. Vet removed 4 teeth, a chunk of jaw, and so forth. Poor kitty. :( To be safe, they sent the removed parts off to have a biopsy done.
    Which brings us to today. The damage to Raja's teeth was caused by a rare cancer. We're trying to schedule with an oncologist to see what our options are, but the normal way to get rid of this particular form of cancer is to remove the cancer and a 1cm radius around it, which in this case would remove his entire lower jaw, and that is no way to live.
    We're hoping the oncologist has an alternate option, but it looks very likely I'll have to say goodbye to my buddy pretty soon...

2. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

Lord-Marcus Sixth Spawning

As a fellow pet lover, and having survived a few, I am sorry to hear of your cat's pain.

I would like to request permission to pray for him, if you would let me. I'm a polytheist pagan and the ancient Egyptian goddess Bastet is one I render offerings to.

3. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

I'm most sorry to hear about your cat, I hope the oncologist can think of another way to get rid of the cancer that would allow him to live a decent life.

That makes three Pagan members of Lustria Online, alongside @Sudsinabucket and myself! Do you worship only the Egyptian gods or do you mix and match deities from different pantheons?

Sudsinabucket likes this.
  4. WildColonial Boy
    Bastiladon

WildColonial Boy Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear that mate. We recently lost a cat to cancer. The loss of any pet hurts.
    However the upside we now have lovely rescue cats we adopted from the local animal shelter.

5. Lizards of Renown
    Slann

Lizards of Renown Herald of Creation

We also recently lost a cat to cancer. I feel your pain Tk. I'm really sorry to hear that.

6. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

Mix and match.

Mostly northern European (let's face it, the Saxon diaspora knew of, if not worshipped the earlier Woden to the Norse and now neo pagan conception of Odin prior to christianization.)

I acknowledge the Olympians, but do not seat any at my altar as yet. Honestly I'm still saving to eventually upgrade my altar and have deity statuettes like I want, in regards to that.

Thoth and bastet are my standouts from the Egyptian pantheon. I also appreciate and venerate Anubis and sobek, if only in my thoughts and my personal conception of offerings and prayers.

Ganesh is on my altar as well, partly as a reminder of an old friend. I need to do more reading into the Hindu texts though.

7. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

that hurts. :(
    On a related note, i'm still searching for my missing cat and i'm still not finding her.

8. Lizards of Renown
    Slann

I respect this.

9. Tk'ya'pyk
    Skar-Veteran

Tk'ya'pyk Well-Known Member

Thank you, so do we, but we are more hopeful these last few days. It turns out the vet was not completely sure he has cancer, and he seems to be recovering from his surgery like a perfectly healthy cat, which is confusing the heck out of every vet we've spoken to about this. All I know is that the swelling is almost gone, his appetite is quite healthy, he's back to being cuddly, and back to all of his old tricks, so we're hopeful that he may not have the cancer. We shall see, still going to see the oncologist August 5th to be safe.

Um, four.

Also, me.

10. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

Sudsinabucket Well-Known Member

Finished the shield today that I had forgotten about for my Lumineth Steedmaster. Began this conversion when Lumineth Realm Lords were first released. Finally done!

Ill be posting better photos in my paint blog along with lore for the Cerapter (Cerapterii plural), but figured I'd share here also since I was pinged lol

Hapoy Hobbying everyone 20220714_171859.jpg 20220714_174352.jpg

11. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

um.... no offense intended, but were you going for a textured look with the white?

12. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

I've decided to paint a couple models for myself tonight, rather than slamming away at my commission.

in other news, the weirdness on printer 2 gets weirder. The adhesion on the bottom of the vat practically removed itself, and there's no damage to the FEP, and it doesn't seem like the FEP is off in its tension.

13. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

No, both whites on the horse and cloth are meant to be smooth, feel I did a good job :D

If there is any texture to it, which I don't see, it's probably photo/because its a repaint

14. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

A repaint really wouldn't do anything to make the paint thicker unless you didn't strip it beforehand.

15. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

I didn't, it's not that thick my man.

I also didn't ask for an opinion, I was simply sharing what I did and something I'm proud of. Unsolicited Advice is not wanted or welcome.

Offense taken and given.

16. Lizards of Renown
    Slann

That's great news on the improvement Tik.

Tk'ya'pyk and Sudsinabucket like this.
  17. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

[​IMG]

Let's hope the oncologist also reports good news.

Welcome to our small but growing group! Which gods make up your pantheon?

18. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

I apologize.

19. Lizards of Renown
    Slann

Glued my Chaos Dwarf runes onto the Siege Giant Armour pieces and started undercoating on my thread here.

20. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

Thank you, and accepted :)