1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. What to buy next

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Discussion' started by Fitzloq, Jun 9, 2021 at 5:01 PM.

1. Fitzloq
    Jungle Swarm

Fitzloq New Member

Hi all,

New to the forums, but since my impulse control failed me last week and I bought the start of a Lizardmen army from eBay I thought I'd make a post here to engage with what looks like a really active and friendly community.

Here's what I was fortunate enough to get for quite a low price:

1x Slann Mage Priest
    1x Carnosaur/Troglodon (on sprue)
    1x Stegadon (part assembled mostly on sprue)
    8x Cold One Riders
    10x Chameleon Skinks
    2x Saurus Old Blood/Scar Veterans
    25x Skinks (mix of javelins and blowpipes)
    35x Saurus (mix of spears and hand weapons)

The 8th edition army book was included as well which was quite the bonus. It's a mix of unpainted, primed and in dire need of stripping. The Slann is finecast and fortunately not even primed.

Where should I go from here? I was thinking of getting one or two of the Start Collecting Skinks boxes to get both variants of Bastiladon, a couple of Skink Priests and some more Skinks to round out what I have already. I don't think the Start Collecting Seraphon offers as much any more as I'm not sure I need another 8 Cold One Riders. I guess I need more Saurus to get a big block of either spears or hand weapons - is one usually taken over the other? Temple Guard are likely high on the list as well.

Any advice welcome, though I'm not exactly in a rush as I have a large High Elves project I'm still working on. :)

Lizards of Renown likes this.
  2. Lizards of Renown
    Slann

Lizards of Renown Herald of Creation

I would say the next purchase should be Temple Guard personally.

The combination of the Slann and them with all the rule additions, two banners for one unit, BSB, Wizard protection... It's just too good to pass up. Just think of those wizard spells that enhance only the wizards unit, but normally they can be nobbled fairly easily.

3. Fitzloq
    Jungle Swarm

Fitzloq New Member

That is a good point! Couple of boxes should be plenty and gives me 30. Have to say compared to my High Elves I'm enjoying the fact that Lizardmen seem to be a low model count army. :)

Lizards of Renown likes this.
  4. Lizards of Renown
    Slann

Lizards of Renown Herald of Creation

Depends what list you play.

I got myself a whole s**tload of Skinks so that (if needed) I could do a Skink Skirmisher attack.

But I've always been that guy who wants to be ABLE to field any army, but pretty much never does :)