1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS 1st 2000pt AoS Tournament coming up. Please critique my list.

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by Jason839, Jan 25, 2017.

1. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Take a Gryph-Hound if you can, run it up with the oldblood to get some free shooting from suddenly appearing units. But my favourite build is bloodclaw and shadowstrike. So you should do well here.

2. LordRibbit
    Temple Guard

LordRibbit Well-Known Member

Personally I think for a tournament a bastilidon is a bit off a points sink, it's slow and not massively flexible and needs either 2 of them or good re-rolls to kill much, really like your new list :)

Bowser and Buldi like this.
  3. InfamousBeany
    Cold One

InfamousBeany Well-Known Member

:eek: Heresy

You are, however, absolutely correct. I've always thought that the Bloodclaw starhost forces your army to be incredibly aggressive- the Bastiladon is the antithesis of this. It is possible to mediate this if you are taking the Stegadon as its skink alpha ability can target the Basti, so you're now moving up to 11" a turn with him instead (which is frankly terrifying). This is obviously not feasible in all armies (560 odd points is no cheap option), but worth bearing in mind.

@Jason839 Sounds like a bit of a rough time, I'm unashamedly jumping on the Tzeentch train myself and they have ludicrous amounts of mortal wounds available and total flexibility, good job on repping the space lizards though. I do prefer your new list, I just wish our cavalry weren't so lame in comparison with other armies :(

Time for another meta analysis I think lads.

Bowser, Buldi and Seraphage like this.
  4. Buldi
    Saurus

Buldi Active Member

True. Lizzies have usually low hp (excluding characters on foot). Mortal wounds hurt us more than, for example stormcast.

I like the last army list the most, having some really mobile troops. The bastilodon wont fit it. I would reccomend a warspear on scar-vet and a relic blade for him.

Bowser likes this.
  5. scubrat
    Temple Guard

scubrat Well-Known Member

Wouldn't write off the bastiladon, it is good for defending objectives whilst the rest of your army targets other areas, depending on the game type, you can just plonk a basti on an objective and stop your opponent getting any points.

Buldi and Bowser like this.