1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Favourite Star Wars films and Characters?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl, Apr 27, 2017.

1. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

No retcons please. If we start retconing the movies we won't have much left.

He was hopelessly outmatched.

Bowser likes this.
  2. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Weren't they already retconning them, now Greedo shoots, then Han kills him etc. ?

NIGHTBRINGER likes this.
  3. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

Exactly.... I don't want more of that. Han shot first...PERIOD!

Most of George Lucas' retcons didn't go over very well with the true fans of Star Wars.

Bowser likes this.
  4. ravagekitteh
    Skink Chief

ravagekitteh Well-Known Member

It wouldn't be so much of a retcon like you are suggesting. When filming the Palpatine's arrest scene, Kit Fisto is 'killed' and his body is on the floor. Mace steps over it mid fight. But later in the fight, they go back to where it was and the body is gone. Now this was obviously a mistake in filming, but wouldn't it be far more interesting to have it so Kit Fisto survived his wound (which did seem perfectly survivable) and was forced to make his escape as he knew he wouldn't be any help (I agree that Kit Fisto was outmatched by Sidious). Instinct tells him to take his own personal craft and when he sees the temple burning, he knows he has to go into hiding. I think that would be a cool and handy way to get rid of an error in Revenge, and it could fit perfectly well into the existing Canon timeline.

5. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

Interesting. The thing that would bug me is that he left is fellow Jedi behind. Surely he could have been of some help (via the force).

6. ravagekitteh
    Skink Chief

ravagekitteh Well-Known Member

I'm sure there is a moment in the duel between Mace Windu and Sidious that could potentially be attributed to Kit Fisto providing some help with the force. But given Sidious's power, surely it would have been more helpful for him to get backup? It would have definitely pained him to do so, but he wouldn't have stood a chance otherwise and there's no point in him getting himself killed when he could be doing something far more helpful.

7. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

That makes sense, however, we have no evidence of that happening. The Jedi were never warned.

That said, it's fun to put your own spin on things. I hope I'm not coming across as being against that. Just trying to think through the possibilities and pitfalls.

Bowser likes this.
  8. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

I agree Nightbringer. I know you're not against it ;)

I like to put my own spin on things too, as you probably know by now.

Bowser and NIGHTBRINGER like this.