1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Second Army

Discussion in 'General Hobby/Tabletop Chat' started by DeathBringer125, Mar 4, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

Ok then you’ll be able to use the Gunhauler and Thunderers later on if you want to play 1500. In fact 5 Thunderers, a Gunhauler and a Frigate come to 500 points so if you want a 1500 point army you can add simply buy a frigate onto what you’ve already got left over from the SC

And yes SC is Start Collecting, SCE is Stormcast Eternals.

DeathBringer125 and Crowsfoot like this.
  2. DeathBringer125
    Carnasaur

DeathBringer125 Well-Known Member

Lol yeah I realized that. Me and my friends just always refer to them as Stormcast so I always try to abbreviate them SC. I did reconsider one thing and i realized that I should get SC box first because that will get me practice paint Kharadron instead of going straight to the big one lol.

3. DeathBringer125
    Carnasaur

Hey update on my second army. I didn’t plan to start buying stuff for it so soon but I found a good deal on eBay. I got a grundstok gunhauler, Brokk, 20 arkanaut company, 3 Endrinriggers, 12 dispossessed Warriors(they just happen to be there but they could be allies), and the Kharadron Overlords battletome for $160 total. Also the Arkanaut company and I think some of the Endrinriggers are painted (though I will touch them up and change some colors prprobably) and the gunhauler is partially painted (yet again touch ups will be done).

Crowsfoot likes this.
  4. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

Nice find ;)

5. DeathBringer125
    Carnasaur

Hey I’ve been thinking of my color scheme. Which sounds better red white and gold or blue white and gold. Blue would look more regal but red would look cool as well. What do you guys think? Do you have any different proposals?

6. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

To be honest:
    White, especially if it is used on big surfaces, is hard to make looking good.
    So if you go for white as part of your paint scheme, so the following:
    - try it out on one model before committing fully to it
    - use it as the secondary color, so basically determine which parts are less numerous and do those white instead of vice versa.
    - consider alternatives (such as silver) in case you aren't happy how the white turns out

DeathBringer125 likes this.
  7. DeathBringer125
    Carnasaur

I got my Kharadron Overlords yesterday. They came in great condition. Almost done assembling Brokk (though I probably will leave the back piece/jet pack thing off for painting). The 20 arkanaut company are partially painted and I will redo them, as well as The gunhauler. The book came in almost perfect condition. My guess is that the seller bought them started painting them and either changed his mind about them or needed space or money.

8. DeathBringer125
    Carnasaur

E15D452E-DF97-43ED-88F9-FACF3A694B81.jpeg 571879E0-5A8E-43C9-BD9A-3FEC07FD342E.jpeg C5F97B1F-06FE-4B26-A585-38CC637AE22B.jpeg 20A0781A-C0B1-470D-BBF8-B801BDF82410.jpeg 8F684E7A-1003-4609-B7AE-761C3B07D031.jpeg 1812792A-1F53-46CB-AA0A-6B338D630BB3.jpeg I just finished my grundstok gunhauler! Tell me what you guys think. I also did scrap the white as I saw what you meant.

Aginor, LizardWizard, Imrahil and 3 others like this.
  9. DeathBringer125
    Carnasaur

I think I will add silver as a 3rd color on the rivers and other various parts of it and highlight with it. Is there a GW silver metal paint?

10. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Leadbelcher and Ironbreaker are the main two - depends how dark you want the rivets to be. Leadbelcher is the darker one, Ironbreaker is the brighter one.

LizardWizard and DeathBringer125 like this.
  11. DeathBringer125
    Carnasaur

Nice I will probably pick up ironbreaker. Is there anything else I should change?

12. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

I don’t think there’s much - I think I can see that you’ve already put a wash on the blue so that’s great. The only thing I can really think of is perhaps try using different colours to pick out some of the Endrin components that you’ve currently just painted gold all over, but if that currently would be too difficult then by all means leave it as it is - it looks great already, certainly worthy of Grungni’s favour! :oldman:

13. DeathBringer125
    Carnasaur

Ummmmm yeah there’s totallyyyyy a wash.... it’s totally not just caledor sky........

LizardWizard likes this.
  14. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

In that case I would say give all the blue bits a thorough wash of Drakenhof Nightshade before painting the rivets.

15. DeathBringer125
    Carnasaur

I did that to my bastiladon and it made the blue dark blue. I looked good on bastiladon but it wouldn’t on the Gunhauler. Did I just apply it wrong? Is there a better way to do it?

LizardWizard likes this.
  16. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

I approve the idea... let's see the evolution. ;)

LizardWizard likes this.
  17. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

Your painting has come such a long ways since the first models you post half a year ago. Congrats!

If you wash the blue Darkenorf then you will want to re-layer it with Caldo Sky. It will ultimately give it more depth though. Alternatively you can could wash the whole thing with Agrax Earthshade once all your metals are base coated and cleaned up. Then re-layer Caldor blue onto the high point of the blue sections.

18. Torxhol Drakescale
    Saurus

Torxhol Drakescale Active Member

LizardWizard likes this.
  19. DeathBringer125
    Carnasaur

This forum has been dark for some time lol. Finally have some money and I plan to get a batch of paints. I will get leadbelcher to do silver rivets etc on my KO and for weapons. Any paints you would recommend that might look good? Also I did shade the gunhauler. I can't remember if I posted a pic on my paint blog. Also if I'm correct the GHB 2019 changed some KO point costs right? If so what builds could I do with those changes?