1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS NEW *rumor*

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Logan8054, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

I really like the new Aelves.
    I might give them the classic blue and white paint scheme that I liked on the old High Elves.
    ...dammit I am already considering buying those....

Well, I like them except for Teclis' mount. The sculpt is great but I personally despise animals with humanoid heads (or whatever that is).

But back to Seraphon!
    Yay, a book!
    The Pyramid is nice on first glance but I am a bit disappointed since it looks pretty plain and a bit...uninspired. like they just used some random bits and combined them. There is almost nothing new. Which is also good since it means that we get to keep our aesthetics and the old models will all fit.
    So let's hope we don't lose models and get some nice rules that make them all worth playing. :)

Last edited: Jan 24, 2020
  2. MackiMac
    Ripperdactil

MackiMac Well-Known Member

No. You pick a realm the battlemage comes from and you gain a specific spell on its warscroll

Dr.Doom and Dreamkeeper like this.
  3. brainxigor
    Chameleon Skink

brainxigor Well-Known Member

Yeah,
    But somehow I love the Pyramid, even if its a bit plain...
    No other new models is a bit disappointing but hey, if the rules are good that's what finally matters. Nothing is worse, tabletop wise, then loving a miniature, painting it up, putting it on the table and then.... it suuuuuuucks.

Im happy, it cant be worse then before and apart from the few resin kits and the cold ones of the knights I love every single miniature of ours!

Edit:

And I sure do love the positivity Lustria radiates once more! No more end times, a new future awaits!

4. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

Ah wait I misremembered, it was this:

Amplified Sorceries: If you cast an Endless Spell, it's always the empowered version, regardless of what realm you're playing in.

The individual cities have their own spell lores.

Dr.Doom and Womboski like this.
  5. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

Look on the bright side, you won't have to paint another 100 skinks this way, the first 100 you've painted wil suffice :p

6. brainxigor
    Chameleon Skink

I dont even have painted up 20 and thats all the Skinks I currently own. In 2003 I bought the army deal when the Lizardmen released for 6th edition and painted almost nothing because I sucked at painting and got frustrated.

Dr.Doom, Womboski and Erta Wanderer like this.
  7. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

Erta Wanderer Well-Known Member

100? you low balling it man but ya i think skinks are fine its all the rest that needs work

Dr.Doom and Imrahil like this.
  8. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

Erta Wanderer Well-Known Member

talasar blue contrast is your friend

9. Acehilator
    Ripperdactil

Acehilator Well-Known Member

Well, not everybody already has 50+ Saurus painted up and ready to go. Without new models I am never going to paint a single Warrior, and no more than 15 Knights, even if they get good rules (which they won't, lol). It's fine because I really like the Skink model, but variety would have been nice.

10. brainxigor
    Chameleon Skink

In my case it would be Gryp Hound Orange, but if you look in my Painting Log, I've moved on from sucking and being frustrated because of the painting part.
    And I will get more Skinks..... LOTS MORE!

Dr.Doom, Womboski and Erta Wanderer like this.
  11. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

In fact I only have eh, 30 I think. Got distracted by a tzeentch army. And an adeptus mechanicus one (which isn't much more than 5 or 6 units, but still). And a ogor army (or well, army, it's one ironblaster, but he needs friends). And the other much cooler looking units we have.

But yeah, at least it doesn't mean having to repaint everything. In that sense a complete overhaul of our line would be freaking awefull :p

Dr.Doom and Erta Wanderer like this.
  12. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Me too. The thing is: you can always decorate it differently, which I am very likely to do. In that case plain is better, since it leaves you space. :)

13. Imrahil
    Slann

Imrahil Thirtheenth Spawning

I am with you brother, those are some good looking Aelves, makes me almost forget about the new Seraphon Battletome :eek::oops:

They look definitely bigger then 25mm, so I guess 32mm.

Gr, Imrahil

Dr.Doom likes this.
  14. Imrahil
    Slann

Imrahil Thirtheenth Spawning

Time to build one of the temple-cities!!

Gr, Imrahil

Dr.Doom and Dreamkeeper like this.
  15. little-myth
    Carnasaur

little-myth Well-Known Member

Seraphon! I woke up a bit on the late side, as of lately. Seeing the news as got me feeling more awake.
    Yeah the pyramid looks like it uses other parts of miniatures from the range but it really keeps to the theme well. Trying to imagine a more modernised version.
    Interesting to see the Saurus design used again, last one being seen of them vs Orruks. Would be interesting if they are hiding updated models for the Saurus for later but that is just wishing as usual, they are even holding different banners. Probably made the cover to look interesting cause the models looking bare in comparison.
    The new Aelves look nice, might pick up some of the models just for painting, not sure yet.

16. brainxigor
    Chameleon Skink

Theres a new 40k Edition coming aswell!

photo_2020-01-24_10-54-06.jpg

Dr.Doom likes this.
  17. PabloTho
    Razordon

PabloTho Well-Known Member

Yes.

When the sculpts are good, painting is a joy and not a chore.

For perspective, I have 80 Saurus Warriors, most of them painted, and I would happily feed them into a wood chipper if they were replaced with something that actually resembled the new tome's cover art (...or at least sell them for dirt cheap).

18. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

So 40K is going to have rigid units now? That's eh, weird.

Dr.Doom likes this.
  19. samheim
    Ripperdactil

samheim Well-Known Member

I was just looking at @brainxigor Saurus. And they are really amazingly painted. Those Saurus look great.

At the same time I do kind of understand what you are saying. I have felt it was a chore to paint my Saurus.

Also I am a fan of working with what you have though.

It's easy when you choose a new faction with amazing sculpts. But they become old as well after a while.

With Saurus, if you work really hard with them, they can look good. I am just telling myself this because I have 8 knights on my table I need to paint.

20. Scurvydog
    Saurus

Scurvydog Active Member

Yea sort of regret not jumping on the lost kingdoms kickstarter now, hoping GW had something up their sleeve. There is a stark contrast between the current saurus knights and something that actually looks cool :-/

[​IMG]

Lizerd, Dr.Doom, Womboski and 7 others like this.