1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS NEW *rumor*

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Logan8054, Jan 28, 2019.

1. zubrin
    Saurus

zubrin Member

Or pulled from the line. Poor greenskinz.

Lizerd likes this.
  2. Nart
    Carnasaur

Nart Well-Known Member

Actually, we can use free warscrolls online and allegience abilities from GHB to play. I think, only useful thing we get from battletome are battalions.

As a faction that has its own battletome, constantly updated allegience abilities, plastic model range, recent chirstmas battleforce and mentioned several times in newer battletomes' lore... yeah, indeed, Seraphon in danger of sharing fate of Bretonnia, Tomb Kings and Greenskinz like no other faction.

Lizerd likes this.
  3. Lizerd
    Skink Priest

Lizerd Well-Known Member

There is now way they would take us from the model range. We are simply to large, and we might have to throw a rebellion.

4. Dracorex
    Cold One

Dracorex Well-Known Member

I think one of the most important things are new models. compared to Total Warhammer, ours aren't as good

ChapterAquila92 and Lizerd like this.
  5. zubrin
    Saurus

zubrin Member

I agree that it would be silly, but the lack of new models, new battletome, inclusion in Underworlds, Warcry, the only team on the inaugural almanac cover to not have new models in Blood Bowl 2016, and cut from the Warhammer RPG sourcebook (cut so they can ostensibly give them more attention), I would like some nod that we are on the radar for any of the five aforementioned things.

I finally decided to pick up two more razordons for a store campaign starting soon, but boy does that feel like a -EV move with an uncertain future (a new battletome or new models both could undermine the $60 for finecast resin models).

Canas likes this.
  6. Iblitz
    Chameleon Skink

Iblitz Well-Known Member

i'm not following the news and rumours but i see things like this :
    Seraphons could get some new thing in a dual box, like the Silvaneth/gobelin or SW/GSC boxes.
    With a new battletome right next to it.

Like : a new hero (exclusive to the box)
    Maybe a new kit ou redesigned (to exit old metal/resin things) like abberents in the last GSC box.

Not a totally new range of stuff like the last SM/Chaos box, but something close.

7. Scurvydog
    Saurus

Scurvydog Active Member

I have this feeling as well. We have a strange lack of models in any other game in the setting, total war 2 warhammer being the only one actually bringing lizardmen in, although heavily redesigned in some areas (I would do terrible things to get a model lineup based on the total war designs).

I hate working with the resin models we have and they are super expensive. Some kickstarters are out there, which will at least give a facelift, but I would prefer to play an army supported by GW with some kind of future.

At least my cash are not going anywhere until I see some tangible news or the very least see some work put into our faction in GHB 19.

8. Monorailpig
    Skink

Monorailpig Member

Heres hoping for Lord Kroak at the head of an army of Brettonian Tomb Kings to appear assaulting Azyr, wiping out the Sigmarines and revealing that that Sigmar was actually Kairos tricking everyone, Azyr was The Crystal Labyrinth .

With that, everyone wakes up in the World that Was, Lustria is back and all of the AoS lore, being as it is actually a Tzeenchian trick is retconned away.

Mazdamuni opens his eyes, shudders at the thought of the strange future he saw in his dreams and dozes off again.

All is good

I have been in wargaming for less than a month and I already have strong opinions

9. Nart
    Carnasaur

Nart Well-Known Member

Seraphon is not a priority for GW, that's it. Not even half of factions are represented in Underworlds and even less in Warcry - the latter is all about chaos after all. Maybe delays in BB and RPG connected somehow to re-design of models and rewritten fluff?

Many factions were in the same situation as we are now and many are still. We just have to wait. GW is all about chaos this year.

10. Dracorex
    Cold One

Dracorex Well-Known Member

plot twist... the Skaven didn't nuke the moon. It was actually an Exterminatus!

11. The17thYak
    Saurus

The17thYak Active Member

We at least get a colour named after us! Terradon Turquoise so we've not been forgotten about totally! :)

Accurate_Noib, Canas, Aginor and 4 others like this.
  12. Accurate_Noib
    Saurus

Accurate_Noib Member

to be honest I liked the reveals although it was a lot of 40k. I think its a good thing because next time (when everything is ready) we will have tons of more detailed and exiting AoS news.

13. Joshua Horchler
    Troglodon

Joshua Horchler Well-Known Member

Is the GHB2019 release date confirmed?

Imrahil likes this.
  14. nomis
    Cold One

nomis Well-Known Member

I like the look of that new warband in warcry! Also as a necromunda player too, i really like the look of the new gang!

15. Joshua Horchler
    Troglodon

Joshua Horchler Well-Known Member

Also I wonder if we can expect any point changes. Razordons to 60 points?

16. Imrahil
    Slann

Imrahil Thirtheenth Spawning

I am wondering this myself as well...

Gr, Imrahil

17. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Most likely.
    There are some of our units that are ridiculously overpriced and thus rarely taken (Oldblood on foot), or considered too strong for their points by many (Razordons).

But then.... a complete makeover would be in order.
    Example: How cheap could you make Saurus Warriors so they are actually worth it, and would it be a good idea?
    You can't just change a few points for rebalancing, our problems go deeper.

18. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

Agreed, I think Saurus of all stripes should be rebalanced to be the quality troops that they are, rather than just reworking their points cost. Skinks have always been horde troops historically, while Saurus should be the quality units, which currently they are not - they are just other horde troops, ones that can actually fight but not that well. I can certainly think of some things to improve from the offset:

Make bite attacks better - even hitting and wounding on 4s is better, and is actually decent. Hitting on 5s is just bad.
    Change the ability of Stardrake shields to reduce the rend of all attacks by 1, like the Coalheart Ancient Magmadroth can do, rather than just rend -1 attacks - many units out there have attacks with rend greater than -1.
    Give Temple Guard 2 wounds as everyone else has said - Warriors can still have 1 wound, but Temple Guard are bigger, stronger and far older than Warriors, and should have an extra wound to represent this.

Just a few changes I've thought from the offset, but a lot more along these lines should be implemented if GW want to do a decent Seraphon battletome.

Also make Slann less of an auto-take, as the model is horrendously monopose and I don't want to have to take one just to make my army competent.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2019
  19. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

To be honest what we need is clearer roles and more focus for a lot of models, even more than just rebalancing. E.g. what is an olblood on foot supposed to be? Its defenses are quite good, so making it too cheap would give us a very sturdy hero for cheap. However offensivly it's fairly terrible and it's supporting power isn't good either. So in those aspects it ends up massivly overpriced. So instead, choose if you want it to be a combat hero or a supporting hero and buff/nerf the other aspect accordingly. It'd already do loads for most of our models if that were to be fixed.

20. Putzfrau
    Skar-Veteran

Putzfrau Well-Known Member

Well, you hit on 4s with larger units.

IMO if you made warriors 90 for 10 and then 320 for 40 it would be more than fair, if all the command abilities and battalions stay the same. At that level they would actually compare pretty well against other horde troops.

The biggest problem for seraphon (and saurus by extension) is that we are held up by a few very, very strong mechanics. Our battalions are second to none, our best command abilities can be spammed, and our allegiance traits are crazy strong.

All of that together means any individual unit appears quite weak, but if we want our individual units to be stronger our force multipliers would need to be weakened.

ChapterAquila92 likes this.