1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Storage/transportation question

Discussion in 'General Hobby/Tabletop Chat' started by Thor0298, Apr 7, 2016.

1. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

Thank you!

It makes things quick and easy. I wouldn't use if for long transports, but for general storage and short trips it is unstoppable. Your army can be literally set up in minute or two.

Warden likes this.
  2. Phoedinn
    Razordon

Phoedinn Well-Known Member

I find the new GW cases to work far better than the old ones! You don't have to cut up the trays to make our troops fit. Plus if you need to fit in big dinos just put them in the bottom half of a tray and remove the top one.

I do agree with pointy bits getting stuck though :)

3. Jorgik
    Carnasaur

Jorgik Well-Known Member

Do you think is it easier to fit infantry models in there? And also if you can fit more models comfortably. I need a case for infantry models and i was thinking about buying one of the new ones, but want to check first :)

4. Phoedinn
    Razordon

I would definitely say so. With the old case you had to cut the foam between every two slots to fit a saurus (due to the bit tail) The new cases have much deeper trays as well so they fit standing up, and big guys like krox fit on their side. You can fit roughly 10-ish saurus per row

Jorgik likes this.
  5. Jorgik
    Carnasaur

Jorgik Well-Known Member

Thanks!

6. Cristhian MLR
    Troglodon

Cristhian MLR Well-Known Member

Great info, BTW, which size is your case?

7. Phoedinn
    Razordon

I have the largest @Cristhian MLR :) The smallest would be enough to carry a sizeable amount of troops but you would need a larger one if you want big dinos as well. One troglodon roughly fills a small box with room for a few heros (thats how I store mine)

8. Jorgik
    Carnasaur

Jorgik Well-Known Member

How many points can you fit in there?! Also does any one have the bag to transport the crusade case? I guess it must be of a very good quality to cost 72€

9. Phoedinn
    Razordon

I couldn't tell you the points (im AoS) But maybe roughly 2000-3000? It fits 20 saurus, 20 gaurd, 50-60 skinks, 10 knights, 3 Krox, my heros, a Basi, Troglodon, and a Steg with plenty of room to spare!

The bag seams nice, not sure if it's worth the full price but from what i've seen it makes the big heavy cases a lot easier to carry. Probably better with two smaller cases stacked up though.

Jorgik likes this.
  10. Thor0298
    Saurus

Thor0298 Member

The crusade case is basically four skirmish cases right? Can you fit the basi and steg in one

11. Phoedinn
    Razordon

Yes one skirmish case would fit a steg/basi @Thor0298 . Infact it should fit a Steg and a Basi in at the same time, not the Troglodon though he's just a little too big and would need to go in by himself. Just bear in mind that the big dinos need to have the upper tray removed to fit.

Jorgik likes this.
  12. Thor0298
    Saurus

Thor0298 Member

Do cavalry fit ok with the top tray in?

13. Phoedinn
    Razordon

I find they fit if you don't glue the riders on. I use magnets to attach mine so they all fit snugly.

Jorgik likes this.
  14. Cristhian MLR
    Troglodon

Also: how efficients are magnets? I would like to use them but I'm scared in case that they fall off and so.

15. Warden
    Slann

Warden Tenth Spawning

I like this idea, that would make setup so much faster.

I have a few "husky" cases I got cheap from either Lowes or Home Depot. They are actual tool/accessory storage containers, but they have worked ok for me for the last 6+ years, much better than the shoeboxes I had before... :shifty:

IMG_9481.JPG

IMG_9482.JPG

IMG_9483.JPG

They got 15 removable plastic bins in the top layer which I used for infantry troops (saurus, skinks, men-at-arms and peasant archers) plus single base models, and in the bottom half I have all my cavalry (knights, saurus cav) and bigger stuff (fit my temple guard, plus stegadon and coatl here).

IMG_9485.JPG

IMG_9486.JPG

The stegadon/terradon/coatl jumble I need to fix, they are all mushed together at this point because of how the army has grown and I don't have room for the new carnosaur :( so I need to figure how I will change my storage setup when they are all done. For now I have a few foam pieces protecting some of the more fragile models.

I really like the individual plastic storage pieces, it helps me keep the separate units coherent and makes for a "slightly" faster setup, especially for the knights (below).

IMG_9487.JPG

I got three of these, one for the scaleys, one for the warmbloods, and one more for 40K (not pictured). Hope this helps anyone looking for something better than shoeboxes :bag:.

Jorgik, NIGHTBRINGER and Bowser like this.
  16. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

That is a lot of awesome models. Are you not worried that the paint will chip/wear because the models are making contact with each other?

17. Warden
    Slann

Warden Tenth Spawning

Thanks! :cigar:

Sadly paint chips do happen, especially on my metal models. Looking at the pictures I see the coatl body has a few paint chips on its yellow underbelly, I need to go do a touch up at some point. Most models are at a "table top" quality, so I don't really mind most of the time.

Sometimes things break too, like those stupid saurus cavalry spears. But that's normally a good thing because it allows for me to revisit/convert/change stuff! Rarely do I take these armies anywhere without having a spare vial of superglue for emergencies... but I was planning to get more foam padding on the bottom at some point.

(Also just finished redoing my math, got just over 5500 points worth of Lizardmen stored in the box, and about 4000 points of brets! Considering the size of the Bretonnian army I was shocked to see the number so much lower, but that's mostly because of the expensive slann points cost, half a thousand points on his own when kitted out...:shifty:)

Bowser and NIGHTBRINGER like this.
  18. Jorgik
    Carnasaur

Jorgik Well-Known Member

Magnets are great. They are pretty simple to use and stick (make a whole and stick the magnet, the only thing you have to watch out for is the polarity so they don´t repel instead of attract, although saurus levitating over their mount would be cool :p). They also make great chances to swap weapons, specially on heroes and commander models that you can´t have one model for each weapon option.

Bowser likes this.
  19. Cristhian MLR
    Troglodon

I know that magnest makes lifes easier, I want to swap, for example, weapons for my future Basti and future Tau suits, however what scares me is the special handling.

Yeah, magnets lose their force on 700 or so years, but they are subjectibles to heat and even hits, and I live on a city where the weather is just really hot or freezing.

Bowser likes this.
  20. Jorgik
    Carnasaur

Jorgik Well-Known Member

Really? I didn´t know that. Well, then I don´t know. Although when I play I do so inside, where the temperature is stable ;)

Warden likes this.