1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Storage/transportation question

Discussion in 'General Hobby/Tabletop Chat' started by Thor0298, Apr 7, 2016.

1. Phoedinn
    Razordon

Phoedinn Well-Known Member

Sorry! I only just noticed this. I have some little 3mm rare earth magnets from eBay and are just fine! I can happily hold up the whole model from just the rider with no fear of them splitting.

2. Sudaj
    Saurus

Sudaj Active Member

I just started working with magnets as well. The work great for connecting a Howdah to the older Stegadons...
    I was hoping that I would be able to magnetize some hands and weapons for my Oldbloods, but the magnets I got (not sure of the size, but my guess would be 3mmx1mm) are larger than the modeling drill will allow for, as well as a it too large for comfort when I start drilling into the arms of my units... seems like I an going to loose too much plastic. Anybody know where to get some good 1mmx1mm Rare Earth magnets?

3. Jorgik
    Carnasaur

Jorgik Well-Known Member

RareEarthMagnets (I think that´s how they´re called), they only ship to the US for reasonable prices, if you want them in Europe you´ll have to pay an extra of around $70
    Edit: After a fast search I didn´t find the website, maybe I got it wrong. Search ralf137 in youtube, he´s got a series of WH40K advanced techniques, and one of them is about magnetizing, he names the brand there. But it is the US-only brand I mentioned above
    Edit 2: found it!

n810 and Sudaj like this.
  4. Sudaj
    Saurus

Sudaj Active Member

Much appreciated!

Jorgik likes this.