1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Time for a new Scum and Villainy!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by strewart, May 5, 2010.

1. Eternity_Warden
    Terradon

Eternity_Warden New Member

Wow, that's very interesting... I was with Dreadgrass in thinking that Craken was a vampire and Hellbreaker was Disease...

I bit Craken as a vampire because I thought he had bitten me, and so when I unbecame a vampire I thought I'd figured it out :D

Well, sorry for suspecting you hellbreaker, was the bed stuff a coincidence then?

In all, I had a great time playing this game, glad you PM'd to tell me about it Strew! There was a lot of tension and excitement, and I'd like to compliment everyone on their fine roleplaying!

Oh yes, and... oh. That's odd... where'd that gigantic drunk smilie go? I wanted to end with that but I can't find it now... huh. Oh well. o_O

2. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

I'm still not sure about actually putting one on the smilies list, it kinda gives the wrong impression to the younger players on the rest of the board. :)

3. KroxigorsFTW
    Razordon

KroxigorsFTW New Member

Well, i must say that the biggest dislike in that game for me was sieing so soon!

I knew it! i knew you were the Witch Doctor Hellbreaker!... The tome gave it away :/

I think this was a great game... though the vampire thing confused me (i forgot all about it to be honest).

I hope we can play another game soon! And i hope i don't die in that one as early...

4. lizardninja
    Temple Guard

lizardninja New Member

5. Craken
    Carnasaur

Craken Well-Known Member

I had fun, I must say I was very impressed that they found all the clues to reveal me. The knight marshal I though gave me away the most when you posted that they found papers with knight marshal. And lizardninja was constantly questioning me, kinda led them right too me. I like being disease btw LOL

6. The Hunted
    Carnasaur

The Hunted Active Member

I liked it too,
    The only thing I didn't fully get was the vampire thing. But I was dead when that really came to play :)
    I also like the way the assasins work on their own. Since Craken Diseased me (Who would drink a bad beer?! :p) and I got my throath slit....golden.

As the non-assasins it's very hard to find those marks. My 'lead' early on proved to be nothing!
    Then again, it ain't fun if it ain't hard!

My input: Drop the vamp. That's all you need to do.
    The knight-marshal is good, the witch doctor is good, the extra vote is also good. The extra power that disease has is the only concern, but I guess that;s ok.

The Hunted

7. hellbreaker
    Troglodon

hellbreaker New Member

Sort of why I mentioned it. (as well as speaking incomprehensibly/below his voice) I was allowed to put marks in my posts, so why not? Assassin picks it up and I'm dead, makes it a little more exciting (for me) I guess.

Eternity_Warden, I did say you wouldn't die. The bed thing was probably a coincidence, although you made me think the assassin/disease wanted to indirectly kill me (through execution) and targeted those I spoke to. o_O
    You can guess who was protected.

Strewart, the vampire thing confused me. May be because it came into play so late, which is why I think you should include it in another game and see how it goes.
    Overall, good game!

Cheers!

8. strewart
    OldBlood

Ok so get rid of the vampire. I did throw it into the game late, there wasn't an 'original' vampire that bit Eternity_Warden. The reason I added it was because a few people joined late, the assassin got diseased early, and no one was voting enough to get rid of people so it was going to be a lot of people against Craken. He always had a low chance of victory and I guess the addition of the vampire didn't help.

My thoughts behind the idea of the vampire was a character type that was fluid in its alliance, and could turn other people. The idea was to add more intrigue and mystery to the game. One day, Eternity could be a vampire, two days later he could have turned someone then been turned back so the target is someone completely different. Sort of never knowing who your friends are, regardless of which side you are on. Probably doesn't work as well on the forum though.

And yes I wanted to make the clues quite difficult, now that there are marks people are looking very closely at every post so it has to be hard. Its another reason I added good guys with marks, you may see a pattern but it could be evil or good. I've got a really cool idea for a mark in the next game as well, so looking forward to that if people are keen for it.

9. lizardninja
    Temple Guard

lizardninja New Member

I'm up for another game :)

10. KroxigorsFTW
    Razordon

KroxigorsFTW New Member

Yeah! I say bring on another game!

...But if it's soon... i might not be able to post until Friday (i'm working my ass off trying to make a Metroid game for I.T class).

(incase we're just going to ninja-leap into another game)

11. Dreadgrass
    Ripperdactil

Dreadgrass Member

Loved the game though again, I was a bit confused by the vampire, and would be happy to jump in on another!

12. The Hunted
    Carnasaur

The Hunted Active Member

Bring it on!

The Hunted

13. hellbreaker
    Troglodon

hellbreaker New Member

You can count me in! I just love this game.
    I need to try it outside of the forum sometime.

Cheers!

14. strewart
    OldBlood

I want to float this idea past you guys see what you think. How about for a small modification, every game day you have to vote and cannot abstain? It doesn't neccesarily mean someone will die every day because there will still need to be a majority, but it will get things moving quicker and probably make it easier for me to keep track of the inactive people.

Also, as I mentioned near the start, I would really like to make a condensed version of the rules to make it easier for new players to join. I guess thats up to me to do. I'll definitely scrap the vampire for at least the next game, keep any other ideas you might have coming in and I will see about launching into a new game later this week.
    KroxigorsFTW, no worries. Remember there will be at least a week or so when the game is open for registrations. ;)

15. Craken
    Carnasaur

Craken Well-Known Member

Ya I had fun I'm in again

16. The Hunted
    Carnasaur

The Hunted Active Member

Solid idea Strewart., making voting obligatory. It will definetaly keep the game moving.
    I also like it that every game is tuned to perfection, whenever that may be,

The Hunted

17. Eternity_Warden
    Terradon

Eternity_Warden New Member

I'm game for another... game. :meh:
    Required voting sounds good to me as well.

18. Revered_Guardian
    Troglodon

Revered_Guardian New Member

Im in again.

Craken, if I weren't on vacation, I sooooo would have tried to duel you :D

19. The Lybithian
    Chameleon Skink

The Lybithian New Member

20. KroxigorsFTW
    Razordon

KroxigorsFTW New Member

Strew: The mandatory voting sounds like a very good idea! Hope i actually get to vote this time....
    And i honestly forgot that :oops: It was just incase we ninja lept into another game.

Anyway, i've figured out i can get an ok mark on my game for little more effort. The other work is just tidious. Anyway, i digress.

I and quite adicted to this also... it'd also make a pretty good short story if it was written right...